Brookfield Residential

Brookfield Residential Management reviews

Canada48 reviews

Clear

Alright

Work was good, too many politics Company perks and good benefits, pay was not the greatest. Politics between different sites with unnecessary competition between sites. Middle management didn't show appreciation to subordinates or trades doing the work.

No Growth, too long hours

It is a corporate ladder that is hard to climb since the managers take all the credits and you have to just say yes for everything. If you say no to working overtime or on the weekends, you are seen as a bad apple. Worked overtime for a year and later the upper management tells me I have office working hours. No work-life balance, really low pay, and not-so-diverse culture.

Pros

Education paid for

Cons

Long hours, underpay

Insights into Brookfield Residential

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

A horrible stressfest

Stay far away if you don't like being overwhelmed to the point where you need stress leave. Managers of the construction side are a horrendous elitist group.

Pros

Discount on a house after 19 months

Cons

Long hours, even if you're on salary, no overtime, terrible management

Very positive place to work

Brookfield was a great place to work. Management were interested in listening to suggestions and my colleagues were very helpful and positive. There was a good company culture and it was evident they cared about their customers and had integrity in how they dealt with customers and trades.

Pros

Numerous opportunities to interact with colleagues, and there were many opportunities to give back to the community and be socially active

Cons

At times it was difficult to attend meetings if you were in the field, need for greater notice for field personnel

Workplace is good, front line management is involved

Overall great place to work. Workers and management are friendly and very helpful. Great team atmosphere. Work/life balance is great, benefits are great. I would never have left if it wasnt that i only worked part time.

Pros

Company benefits are great, work/life balance is great as well. Company inclusive atmosphere is a definite plus.

Cons

Sometimes the follow through is a little lacking.

19 January 2021
Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Having an inclusive culture and atmosphere is of utmost importance to us! We truly appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in the next step of your career.

Productive work place

I had a great time working at Brookfield. Management and leadership were great, always offering assistance and education. Brookfield had an excellent team feel to it and the dynamic between workers is some of the best I've seen in my experience.

19 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide a positive review. We are proud to have such passionate team members who enjoy mentoring and sharing their knowledge! Thank you for your contributions during your time with us and we wish you all the best on your future endeavors.

Work more for less

Cons: "Double standards" are on a whole new level at this place. Expectations are unreasonable in every possible way. Sometimes big business decisions are made based on minimum knowledge/fact ,only for sake of making one. Let's call it try and error. Bonus goals are defined unreasonably. Salaries are below market's average. No room to grow in your career. Managers claim all the success and give each other pat on the back while most of the work is done by the regular employees. A large upper management team versus small number of employees. Upper management keeps all the perks for themselves and do not share with their team members assuming that they wont know. Guess what! Everybody knows! Communication line is broken between departments. Deadlines set by managers are unreasonable. Expected unpaid extra hours versus their advertised work life balance. Sales teams are incompetent. Pros: Nice office Decent number of vacation days (on paper)

19 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are saddened to hear that your experience did not reflect our appreciation of the invaluable contributions our team members make each and every day. Our Total Rewards team regularly reviews our compensation and benefits packages to ensure that we are competitive with what the market is offering. If you are open to sharing specifics of your concerns above, please reach out to us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.

After a few months the work get repetitive.

There is one minority race missing from the entire company. You will have to get in to see for yourself. They make it seem like a great place to work but after the honeymoon period ends you start to see how things really are. The upper managment of a certain department always made smart remarks and only hires women. House designs are not the greatest compared to the other competitors.

No Big Egos. Lots of Perks.

If you find the right department it can be a place to stay for many years. Updated office and generally friendly staff. Upper management are very down to earth with no big egos. Some new managers need work as there is currently micro managing and trust issues. The company is trying to move towards more work life balance but some managers are still old school and could use more people/management training. The pay is not reflective towards workload and experience which results in feelings of being undervalued and underpaid. Lots of perks and free lunch every Tuesday.

3 January 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience! As you know, we put a lot effort into creating a good work environment for our employees, including promoting work/life balance. That being said, no workplace is perfect so we would love your feedback on how to do better. Please send me a note at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com and let's talk through your concerns.

Excellent work environment

Working for Brookfield was an amazing experience, treated there employees with respects and dignity. Always put our needs and homeowners needs first. Great environment to work at.

3 January 2020
We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! We truly believe in putting our employees first so that they can continue to provide an exceptional customer experience for our homeowners. All the best in the next step of your career!

Great Co- workers and Company

Great Company, but unfortunately very bad management. The interaction with the Executives and co-workers I believe were genuine. It is at the Director Level that Brookfield Corporate values were lip service. Action was totally opposite.

Pros

Brookfield Culture with employee engagement

Cons

Political

troubled management

good work space, nice people , very good benefits overall... but the management are so bad and so many managers involved to make small decision... too much hours

Used to be great

New leadership has made for low morale. Corporate values are lip service. Employees no longer have a voice unless it's to suck up to new management. Thoughtful analysis and opinions are a one way ticket out the door.

6 May 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. Our corporate values of passion, integrity, and community are the foundation of every decision we make at Brookfield. We use our values and competencies during the hiring and performance processes across North America. While every team member is at a different stage of their professional development, our multiple learning and development courses support them along that journey. Please feel free to email us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com if you have more feedback. We always want to hear from our current team members!

It's a great place to work as long as you're not in IT

The company is a fun place to work, but if you're in IT, be expected to work with no direction or vision. The people that actually do the work put in many hours, and management is difficult to talk to.

Pros

Easy-going atmosphere, free parking

Cons

No direction from senior management

12 November 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We truly value our team members and their contribution to our goal of Best Places to Call Home. We definitely believe in a well-rounded work/life balance for everyone and offer a generous vacation package and benefits.Last year, Brookfield Residential launched an award-winning, eight-month leadership development program and we recently graduated our second class of mid-level leaders. This has been a wonderful enhancement tool for our management staff.Should you have more specifics you’d care to share, please contact us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.

Productive and fun place to work in

Brookfield is a good place to work, the work environment is professional and management is fair and reliable. I would recommend working for Brookfield to anyone.

Pros

New Challenges

Cons

Transparency

13 February 2018
Thanks for your feedback. We are very proud of our culture and know that team members, like you, help us create a great environment to work in. Wishing you the best in the next step of your career!

Best place to call home

Great place to work. Friendly management. Lots of growth and opportunity to move up in the company. The company takes the time to invest you so can have the proper tools and guidance to excel in your career. The president is very friendly and along with the Vps of the company as well.

Pros

free tuesday lunch

13 February 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience! We take pride in investing in the development of our team members and encourage growth and opportunity whenever possible. Thank you for being a part of the reason that we can create the best places to call home!

Work here with caution

This company has great benefits and has a fantastic office to work in with many extras. BUT: You will be overworked and under appreciated. They preach work life balance but do not practice it. Management is horrible and very inexperienced just a big boys club.

Pros

Excellent office and office location, great benefits

Cons

Staff overworked and under appreciated

28 July 2017
Dear Brookfield Alumni, I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. As you know we put a lot effort into creating a good work environment for our team members to do great work. That said, no workplace is perfect and we appreciate all feedback on how we can do better, especially from people who know us best. Send me a note at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com and let's talk through this more. Thanks for your feedback,

Used to be great

I loved this company at first.. then it went down hill. Management too busy handing out new titles to each other while the hard working "grunt" employees go un noticed and under appreciated. They constantly ask you to "improve process" but if you share your opinion it's ignored or looked down on or you are over stepping... Unless of course you have one of those fancy titles. Overtime encouraged but not paid. Cost of living goes up..your pay doesn't!

Pros

Nice office. Support staff nice to work with.

Cons

Management, Pay

Sadly gone down hill

New Management has ruined this company as a great place to work. Non management staff are overworked and very under appreciated. High stress work loads, unpaid overtime, quite a few disgruntled employees and a lack of respect for the opinions of the staff that are actually doing the work.

Its all downhill from the point you're hired

They promise the world but do not deliver. New mngmt has been detrimental to company culture. Overall employees are miserable over worked and under paid. Used to be a premier builder but has now digressed to lowest common denominator of new homes. "Value engineered" construction but at least there's good after sales service because you are going to need it. Very corporate and impersonal, employees are not appreciated and treated as commodities aka disposable. Do not work here

Pros

decent office

Cons

expect not to have a life as they will own you

12 January 2017
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We do regularly review and research to ensure our compensation is competitive to the market. We value our employees' feedback and hope you had the opportunity to express your views when you were with us. We would also encourage you to contact us at hr.ontario@brookfieldrp.com

Culture has Diminished

The culture at brookfield used to be very positive, however has declined to to new management. They have promoted from within but not promoting managers who are experienced enough.

12 December 2016
While we are disappointed to hear about your experience, we appreciate your feedback. We strive to promote from within wherever possible, and set up new leaders and managers for success. We are addressing the issue you have highlighted by broadening and deepening the support we provide to newly promoted (and future) leaders, effective January 2017. We wish you the best in the next step of your career!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement