Brookfield Residential

Canada48 reviews

Clear
3.3Job security & advancement

Alright

Work was good, too many politics Company perks and good benefits, pay was not the greatest. Politics between different sites with unnecessary competition between sites. Middle management didn't show appreciation to subordinates or trades doing the work.

Very positive place to work

Brookfield was a great place to work. Management were interested in listening to suggestions and my colleagues were very helpful and positive. There was a good company culture and it was evident they cared about their customers and had integrity in how they dealt with customers and trades.

Pros

Numerous opportunities to interact with colleagues, and there were many opportunities to give back to the community and be socially active

Cons

At times it was difficult to attend meetings if you were in the field, need for greater notice for field personnel

Insights into Brookfield Residential

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Workplace is good, front line management is involved

Overall great place to work. Workers and management are friendly and very helpful. Great team atmosphere. Work/life balance is great, benefits are great. I would never have left if it wasnt that i only worked part time.

Pros

Company benefits are great, work/life balance is great as well. Company inclusive atmosphere is a definite plus.

Cons

Sometimes the follow through is a little lacking.

19 January 2021
Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Having an inclusive culture and atmosphere is of utmost importance to us! We truly appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in the next step of your career.

Productive work place

I had a great time working at Brookfield. Management and leadership were great, always offering assistance and education. Brookfield had an excellent team feel to it and the dynamic between workers is some of the best I've seen in my experience.

19 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide a positive review. We are proud to have such passionate team members who enjoy mentoring and sharing their knowledge! Thank you for your contributions during your time with us and we wish you all the best on your future endeavors.

Work more for less

Cons: "Double standards" are on a whole new level at this place. Expectations are unreasonable in every possible way. Sometimes big business decisions are made based on minimum knowledge/fact ,only for sake of making one. Let's call it try and error. Bonus goals are defined unreasonably. Salaries are below market's average. No room to grow in your career. Managers claim all the success and give each other pat on the back while most of the work is done by the regular employees. A large upper management team versus small number of employees. Upper management keeps all the perks for themselves and do not share with their team members assuming that they wont know. Guess what! Everybody knows! Communication line is broken between departments. Deadlines set by managers are unreasonable. Expected unpaid extra hours versus their advertised work life balance. Sales teams are incompetent. Pros: Nice office Decent number of vacation days (on paper)

19 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are saddened to hear that your experience did not reflect our appreciation of the invaluable contributions our team members make each and every day. Our Total Rewards team regularly reviews our compensation and benefits packages to ensure that we are competitive with what the market is offering. If you are open to sharing specifics of your concerns above, please reach out to us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.

Good Culture

Good Corporate culture. Nice office with lots of perks - gym, yoga, snacks. Flexible work schedule and friendly staff. They are willing to help you move up the corporate ladder or transition to other departments.

3 January 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback. We certainly strive to provide our team members with internal growth opportunities and promote from within wherever possible. We encourage and support internal and external professional development that help our team members be the best they can be!

Great People

I enjoyed working at Brookfield Residential. The people are great and the environment is friendly. I was provided with a great opportunity to learn the construction industry and what it actually takes to build a home.

3 January 2020
We really appreciate your positive comments. We do have incredibly talented team members who graciously share their expertise so we are happy to hear you had the opportunity to learn from them first-hand what it takes to build the best places to call home! Thank you!

Helpful and Friendly environment

I have been in the company for over 8 years. And always been punctual and loyal to the company, I had a great experience for I was assigned to a friendly and helpful Site. There's always an opportunity to excel and upgrade. Working hours are flexible . The Board of directors were very friendly and accommodating,

Great place to grow professionally.

Great values and team members to surround with. Compensations and benefits are excellent. This is a company that is always evolving and adapting to the current demand and challenges.

Pros

Professional growth

Cons

Job stability

6 May 2019
Thanks for leaving your positive feedback! On an annual basis, the Total Rewards team reviews and researches the newest compensation and benefit trends to ensure Brookfield is competitive in the market. We value our people, so they always come first.

Great company with a positive future

Great company with a positive future, team of very talented individuals..Exciting diverse product mix with opportunity to take on projects outside the reach of most companies

29 April 2019
Thank you for sharing your positive experiences from your time working at Brookfield. We are very excited to expand into the mixed-use sector and build partnerships with team members across North America. Wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

overall, good company to work for

brookfield residential was a good company to work for. it had good benefits, a good work environment and decent work life balance. overall i would recommend this company to someone else

12 November 2018
Very kind of you to write a nice review. We provide our team members with an excellent benefits and vacation package to assist in a healthy work/life balance. Much effort goes into creating a work environment that is inspirational and affords a great place to work. Thank you for your contribution to Brookfield Residential and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Super friendly great co-workers

Another huge learning curve for me. I like change, very challenging job that I learnt so much from. Team building, volunteer work for all sorts of different Not-For Profit Organization.

Pros

EDO's, Great Co-Workers, Annual Gala's

Cons

It was only a Mat Leave Contract.

22 August 2018
Thank you for providing your feedback and helping us create the best places to call home during your time with us. We're so glad that you were able to take part in strengthening our culture and sustainability initiatives! Wishing you the best of luck in the next step of your career.

Productive and fun place to work in

Brookfield is a good place to work, the work environment is professional and management is fair and reliable. I would recommend working for Brookfield to anyone.

Pros

New Challenges

Cons

Transparency

13 February 2018
Thanks for your feedback. We are very proud of our culture and know that team members, like you, help us create a great environment to work in. Wishing you the best in the next step of your career!

Best place to call home

Great place to work. Friendly management. Lots of growth and opportunity to move up in the company. The company takes the time to invest you so can have the proper tools and guidance to excel in your career. The president is very friendly and along with the Vps of the company as well.

Pros

free tuesday lunch

13 February 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience! We take pride in investing in the development of our team members and encourage growth and opportunity whenever possible. Thank you for being a part of the reason that we can create the best places to call home!

A Great Work Place Community!

Brookfield Residential is a great place to work. There Work Place Community makes it a desirable Company to be a part of. They strive to ensure that all of their employees have a strong work/life balance. They also strive to to help their employees with their career advancement.

Great company and people

Great company and people room for advancement great perks some un expected turn over lately overall still a good place to work

Pros

Lots of perks

Fun place to work

Management wasquite professional and there wasa good work life balance, there was good team spirit and people werenice to each other, here wageswerent great but the benefits were great.

Pros

great benefits good culture

Cons

Not the best wages

Great Company to work for

Worked for over 60 different sites managed by the company, had a variety of different work in each office, Enjoyed working there but had to leave as I started my own business. Great people to work for.

Pros

Big Company lots of chance of advancement.

Cons

Not that I recall

Excellent company with inspiring executives who are the best in the industry.

Working for Brookfield Residential was a remarkable experience. I truly believe there is a lot of potential to grow with the company since they have three different divisions and are in several cities in North America. The compensation and benefits are somewhat comparable to the oil and gas sector and the emphasis to work and life balance is outstanding.Highly recommend this company.

Pros

one friday off a month plus two extra flex days, total of 14 flex days a year, great benefits, work hard and play hard phylosophy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement