Brookfield Residential

Brookfield Residential Culture reviews

Canada48 reviews

Clear

Alright

Work was good, too many politics Company perks and good benefits, pay was not the greatest. Politics between different sites with unnecessary competition between sites. Middle management didn't show appreciation to subordinates or trades doing the work.

No Growth, too long hours

It is a corporate ladder that is hard to climb since the managers take all the credits and you have to just say yes for everything. If you say no to working overtime or on the weekends, you are seen as a bad apple. Worked overtime for a year and later the upper management tells me I have office working hours. No work-life balance, really low pay, and not-so-diverse culture.

Pros

Education paid for

Cons

Long hours, underpay

Insights into Brookfield Residential

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Very positive place to work

Brookfield was a great place to work. Management were interested in listening to suggestions and my colleagues were very helpful and positive. There was a good company culture and it was evident they cared about their customers and had integrity in how they dealt with customers and trades.

Pros

Numerous opportunities to interact with colleagues, and there were many opportunities to give back to the community and be socially active

Cons

At times it was difficult to attend meetings if you were in the field, need for greater notice for field personnel

Workplace is good, front line management is involved

Overall great place to work. Workers and management are friendly and very helpful. Great team atmosphere. Work/life balance is great, benefits are great. I would never have left if it wasnt that i only worked part time.

Pros

Company benefits are great, work/life balance is great as well. Company inclusive atmosphere is a definite plus.

Cons

Sometimes the follow through is a little lacking.

19 January 2021
Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Having an inclusive culture and atmosphere is of utmost importance to us! We truly appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in the next step of your career.

Good Culture

Good Corporate culture. Nice office with lots of perks - gym, yoga, snacks. Flexible work schedule and friendly staff. They are willing to help you move up the corporate ladder or transition to other departments.

3 January 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback. We certainly strive to provide our team members with internal growth opportunities and promote from within wherever possible. We encourage and support internal and external professional development that help our team members be the best they can be!

Great Co- workers and Company

Great Company, but unfortunately very bad management. The interaction with the Executives and co-workers I believe were genuine. It is at the Director Level that Brookfield Corporate values were lip service. Action was totally opposite.

Pros

Brookfield Culture with employee engagement

Cons

Political

Structured environment

Overall, I enjoyed working at Brookfield. At the end of my time there, a very new and inexperienced Sales Manager took over. This created some challenges within the team and made for a less enjoyable work atmosphere.

Pros

Team work at the Sales Center

6 May 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you were able to take part in strengthening our sales center! We are sorry to hear about your leadership experience. We have implemented multi-level leader development courses to make sure our existing and new leaders have the skills and resources needed for their team members. This has been a wonderful enhancement for our leaders.

great team

great team to work for. they take care of their employees. Never once felt less than anyone on the team. positive environment to work in. Family orientated team.

29 April 2019
Thank you for the kind words! We value each and every team member no matter the position. As you know, we put a lot of effort into creating a good work environment for our team members to do great work. Our people will always come first.

A Great Work Place Community!

Brookfield Residential is a great place to work. There Work Place Community makes it a desirable Company to be a part of. They strive to ensure that all of their employees have a strong work/life balance. They also strive to to help their employees with their career advancement.

Its all downhill from the point you're hired

They promise the world but do not deliver. New mngmt has been detrimental to company culture. Overall employees are miserable over worked and under paid. Used to be a premier builder but has now digressed to lowest common denominator of new homes. "Value engineered" construction but at least there's good after sales service because you are going to need it. Very corporate and impersonal, employees are not appreciated and treated as commodities aka disposable. Do not work here

Pros

decent office

Cons

expect not to have a life as they will own you

12 January 2017
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We do regularly review and research to ensure our compensation is competitive to the market. We value our employees' feedback and hope you had the opportunity to express your views when you were with us. We would also encourage you to contact us at hr.ontario@brookfieldrp.com

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brookfield Residential?

Culture has Diminished

The culture at brookfield used to be very positive, however has declined to to new management. They have promoted from within but not promoting managers who are experienced enough.

12 December 2016
While we are disappointed to hear about your experience, we appreciate your feedback. We strive to promote from within wherever possible, and set up new leaders and managers for success. We are addressing the issue you have highlighted by broadening and deepening the support we provide to newly promoted (and future) leaders, effective January 2017. We wish you the best in the next step of your career!

Fun place to work

Management wasquite professional and there wasa good work life balance, there was good team spirit and people werenice to each other, here wageswerent great but the benefits were great.

Pros

great benefits good culture

Cons

Not the best wages

Brookfield Residential is a good place to work. The people are nice, the location is easy to commute to, just not enough parking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement