Brookfield Residential Employee Reviews

Structured environment
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2019
Overall, I enjoyed working at Brookfield. At the end of my time there, a very new and inexperienced Sales Manager took over. This created some challenges within the team and made for a less enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
Team work at the Sales Center
Used to be great
IT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2019
New leadership has made for low morale. Corporate values are lip service. Employees no longer have a voice unless it's to suck up to new management. Thoughtful analysis and opinions are a one way ticket out the door.
Work out in the gymn
CET. (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON CanadaL L3R14 February 2019
Sleep early and rise up early is healthy.
Go to the nearby coffee shop and read the daily news paper and you know the local news and international news.
muti level marketing
keep the office neat and tidy
sharing with each others
enjoy when you ware young, for younerrhood goes fast
Pros
pipza
Cons
nesseary
great team
Preoccupancy Technician/ Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2019
great team to work for. they take care of their employees. Never once felt less than anyone on the team. positive environment to work in. Family orientated team.
Good people, but poor market to be in right now
Senior Manager, IT Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 December 2018
The people I worked with were great, but the small IT organization means you wear multiple hats, and don't have time to do things well. There wasn't much respect or support for following best practices.
Pros
You get to try many roles
Cons
No visionary goals to inspire staff
Great company with a positive future
Director, Internal Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2018
Great company with a positive future, team of very talented individuals..Exciting diverse product mix with opportunity to take on projects outside the reach of most companies
overall, good company to work for
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2018
brookfield residential was a good company to work for. it had good benefits, a good work environment and decent work life balance. overall i would recommend this company to someone else
12 November 2018

Very kind of you to write a nice review. We provide our team members with an excellent benefits and vacation package to assist in a healthy work/life balance. Much effort goes into creating a work environment that is inspirational and affords a great place to work. Thank you for your contribution to Brookfield Residential and best of luck in your future endeavors.

It's a great place to work as long as you're not in IT
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2018
The company is a fun place to work, but if you're in IT, be expected to work with no direction or vision. The people that actually do the work put in many hours, and management is difficult to talk to.
Pros
Easy-going atmosphere, free parking
Cons
No direction from senior management
12 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We truly value our team members and their contribution to our goal of Best Places to Call Home. We definitely believe in a well-rounded work/life balance for everyone and offer a generous vacation package and benefits.

Last year, Brookfield Residential launched an award-winning, eight-month leadership development program and we recently graduated our second class of mid-level leaders. This has been a wonderful enhancement tool for our management staff.

Should you have more specifics you’d care to share, please contact us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.

Super friendly great co-workers
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
Another huge learning curve for me. I like change, very challenging job that I learnt so much from. Team building, volunteer work for all sorts of different Not-For Profit Organization.
Pros
EDO's, Great Co-Workers, Annual Gala's
Cons
It was only a Mat Leave Contract.
22 August 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback and helping us create the best places to call home during your time with us. We're so glad that you were able to take part in strengthening our culture and sustainability initiatives! Wishing you the best of luck in the next step of your career.

Productive and fun place to work in
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 December 2017
Brookfield is a good place to work, the work environment is professional and management is fair and reliable. I would recommend working for Brookfield to anyone.
Pros
New Challenges
Cons
Transparency
13 February 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We are very proud of our culture and know that team members, like you, help us create a great environment to work in. Wishing you the best in the next step of your career!

Best place to call home
Deskside Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON24 October 2017
Great place to work. Friendly management. Lots of growth and opportunity to move up in the company. The company takes the time to invest you so can have the proper tools and guidance to excel in your career. The president is very friendly and along with the Vps of the company as well.
Pros
free tuesday lunch
13 February 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience! We take pride in investing in the development of our team members and encourage growth and opportunity whenever possible. Thank you for being a part of the reason that we can create the best places to call home!

Work here with caution
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2017
This company has great benefits and has a fantastic office to work in with many extras. BUT: You will be overworked and under appreciated. They preach work life balance but do not practice it. Management is horrible and very inexperienced just a big boys club.
Pros
Excellent office and office location, great benefits
Cons
Staff overworked and under appreciated
28 July 2017

Dear Brookfield Alumni,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. As you know we put a lot effort into creating a good work environment for our team members to do great work. That said, no workplace is perfect and we appreciate all feedback on how we can do better, especially from people who know us best. Send me a note at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com and let's talk through this more.

Thanks for your feedback,

A Great Work Place Community!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2017
Brookfield Residential is a great place to work. There Work Place Community makes it a desirable Company to be a part of. They strive to ensure that all of their employees have a strong work/life balance. They also strive to to help their employees with their career advancement.
Used to be great
Admin. (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
I loved this company at first.. then it went down hill. Management too busy handing out new titles to each other while the hard working "grunt" employees go un noticed and under appreciated. They constantly ask you to "improve process" but if you share your opinion it's ignored or looked down on or you are over stepping... Unless of course you have one of those fancy titles.
Overtime encouraged but not paid.
Cost of living goes up..your pay doesn't!
Pros
Nice office. Support staff nice to work with.
Cons
Management, Pay
Sadly gone down hill
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
New Management has ruined this company as a great place to work. Non management staff are overworked and very under appreciated. High stress work loads, unpaid overtime, quite a few disgruntled employees and a lack of respect for the opinions of the staff that are actually doing the work.
Its all downhill from the point you're hired
Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 November 2016
They promise the world but do not deliver. New mngmt has been detrimental to company culture. Overall employees are miserable over worked and under paid. Used to be a premier builder but has now digressed to lowest common denominator of new homes. "Value engineered" construction but at least there's good after sales service because you are going to need it. Very corporate and impersonal, employees are not appreciated and treated as commodities aka disposable. Do not work here
Pros
decent office
Cons
expect not to have a life as they will own you
12 January 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We do regularly review and research to ensure our compensation is competitive to the market. We value our employees' feedback and hope you had the opportunity to express your views when you were with us. We would also encourage you to contact us at hr.ontario@brookfieldrp.com

Culture has Diminished
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
The culture at brookfield used to be very positive, however has declined to to new management. They have promoted from within but not promoting managers who are experienced enough.
12 December 2016

While we are disappointed to hear about your experience, we appreciate your feedback. We strive to promote from within wherever possible, and set up new leaders and managers for success. We are addressing the issue you have highlighted by broadening and deepening the support we provide to newly promoted (and future) leaders, effective January 2017. We wish you the best in the next step of your career!

A Very Busy New Home Construction Business
Sales Administrator - Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2016
Working with the Management and Staff of Brookfield Residential has been another great opportunity to see how a large 'machine' works. The majority of our homes were entry level / first time homeowners or downsizers - our product was clean, well built and offered the customer a very good value for their dollar. The Sales Administration Department was a very busy spot - dealing with 8 different Sales Centres and Sales Teams. We processed between 5 - 8 agreements per week making sure of the accuracy of the agreement and paperwork required. 2015 we closed 400+ Units in Calgary with an overall acceptance rating of 89%. Great People to work with and learn from.
Pros
Breakfast Club on every floor
Cons
Very Busy in Sales Admin
12 December 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your contributions to Brookfield Residential! We do have incredibly talented team members, who are generous with their time and expertise. We had over 50 mentors in our formal mentorship program last year! We wish you the best in the next step of your career!

Great company and people
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2016
Great company and people room for advancement great perks some un expected turn over lately overall still a good place to work
Pros
Lots of perks
Great Company
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2016
-A typical day at work for me is greeting customers, handling a lot of administrative work, filing, creating marketing materials.
-From this company I learnt a lot about professionalism. I also learnt how to work with people who are higher up than me and how to communicate with a wide spectrum of people as well.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with all kinds of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

Brookfield Residential Reviews by Location