Brookfield Residential

Brookfield Residential Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
I had a great time working at Brookfield. Management and leadership were great, always offering assistance and education. Brookfield had an excellent team feel to it and the dynamic between workers is some of the best I've seen in my experience.
Over six months, I trained a group at Brookfield Residential on Project Management, preparing them for the PMP exam. I then went on to work with two individuals that were managing the construction portfolio processes. Friendly and ambitious.
Cons:
"Double standards" are on a whole new level at this place.

Expectations are unreasonable in every possible way.

Sometimes big business decisions are made based on minimum knowledge/fact ,only for sake of making one. Let's call it try and error.

Bonus goals are defined unreasonably.

Salaries are below market's average.

No room to grow in your career.

Managers claim all the success and give each other pat on the back while most of the work is done by the regular employees.

A large upper management team versus small number of employees.

Upper management keeps all the perks for themselves and do not share with their team members assuming that they wont know. Guess what! Everybody knows!

Communication line is broken between departments.

Deadlines set by managers are unreasonable.

Expected unpaid extra hours versus their advertised work life balance.

Sales teams are incompetent.

Pros:

Nice office

Decent number of vacation days (on paper)
There is one minority race missing from the entire company. You will have to get in to see for yourself. They make it seem like a great place to work but after the honeymoon period ends you start to see how things really are. The upper managment of a certain department always made smart remarks and only hires women. House designs are not the greatest compared to the other competitors.
Overall I did enjoy working for Brookfield, I really enjoyed the people I worked with on a daily basis. Most of the homeowners were pleasant and friendly.
3 January 2020
Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Having a great culture is important to us and our team members are the most important contributors! We appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best on the next step of your career.
Good Corporate culture. Nice office with lots of perks - gym, yoga, snacks. Flexible work schedule and friendly staff. They are willing to help you move up the corporate ladder or transition to other departments.
3 January 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback. We certainly strive to provide our team members with internal growth opportunities and promote from within wherever possible. We encourage and support internal and external professional development that help our team members be the best they can be!
I enjoyed working at Brookfield Residential. The people are great and the environment is friendly.

I was provided with a great opportunity to learn the construction industry and what it actually takes to build a home.
3 January 2020
We really appreciate your positive comments. We do have incredibly talented team members who graciously share their expertise so we are happy to hear you had the opportunity to learn from them first-hand what it takes to build the best places to call home! Thank you!
If you find the right department it can be a place to stay for many years. Updated office and generally friendly staff. Upper management are very down to earth with no big egos. Some new managers need work as there is currently micro managing and trust issues. The company is trying to move towards more work life balance but some managers are still old school and could use more people/management training. The pay is not reflective towards workload and experience which results in feelings of being undervalued and underpaid. Lots of perks and free lunch every Tuesday.
3 January 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience! As you know, we put a lot effort into creating a good work environment for our employees, including promoting work/life balance. That being said, no workplace is perfect so we would love your feedback on how to do better. Please send me a note at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com and let's talk through your concerns.
Friendly people, good office space. VP's should get more involved in understanding what everyone in their department does. This will help them better evaluate the employees compensation. Manager was impatient, too serious and micro managed. Position was tedious, repetitive and lots of meticulous tracking that just ends up burning you out. Low pay for the amount of work.
3 January 2020
Thanks for providing your feedback. Having a great culture is important to us! We're disappointed to hear that didn’t have the best experience as a team member. We’re always open to hear about your experience so if you’d like to share more about your time working with us, please email us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.
Was a great company once upon a time! Being loyal, punctual going above and beyond the only thing that this company cares about is their bottom line. So don’t expect respect and gratitude in return for your loyalty.
3 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are truly disappointed to hear that your experience did not reflect our appreciation and gratitude of the invaluable contributions our team members make each and every day. If you are open to sharing specifics of your experience, please reach out to me at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.
Working for Brookfield was an amazing experience, treated there employees with respects and dignity. Always put our needs and homeowners needs first. Great environment to work at.
3 January 2020
We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! We truly believe in putting our employees first so that they can continue to provide an exceptional customer experience for our homeowners. All the best in the next step of your career!
I have been in the company for over 8 years. And always been punctual and loyal to the company, I had a great experience for I was assigned to a friendly and helpful Site. There's always an opportunity to excel and upgrade. Working hours are flexible . The Board of directors were very friendly and accommodating,
Great Company, but unfortunately very bad management. The interaction with the Executives and co-workers I believe were genuine. It is at the Director Level that Brookfield Corporate values were lip service. Action was totally opposite.
Pros
Brookfield Culture with employee engagement
Cons
Political
good work space, nice people , very good benefits overall... but the management are so bad and so many managers involved to make small decision... too much hours
Great values and team members to surround with. Compensations and benefits are excellent. This is a company that is always evolving and adapting to the current demand and challenges.
Pros
Professional growth
Cons
Job stability
6 May 2019
Thanks for leaving your positive feedback! On an annual basis, the Total Rewards team reviews and researches the newest compensation and benefit trends to ensure Brookfield is competitive in the market. We value our people, so they always come first.
Great people
Treated with respect

Mandated ongoing education

The hours were the worst part of the position

4 weeks vacation were a perk

An annual performance bonus
Cons
Worked every evening and weekend for 5 years
6 May 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience! We strive to provide our team members with excellent compensation, benefit, and vacation packages to promote a healthy work/life balance. We are always looking to improve. Please reach out to us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com, to share your feedback and ideas about work/life balance.
Overall, I enjoyed working at Brookfield. At the end of my time there, a very new and inexperienced Sales Manager took over. This created some challenges within the team and made for a less enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
Team work at the Sales Center
6 May 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you were able to take part in strengthening our sales center! We are sorry to hear about your leadership experience. We have implemented multi-level leader development courses to make sure our existing and new leaders have the skills and resources needed for their team members. This has been a wonderful enhancement for our leaders.
New leadership has made for low morale. Corporate values are lip service. Employees no longer have a voice unless it's to suck up to new management. Thoughtful analysis and opinions are a one way ticket out the door.
6 May 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. Our corporate values of passion, integrity, and community are the foundation of every decision we make at Brookfield. We use our values and competencies during the hiring and performance processes across North America.

While every team member is at a different stage of their professional development, our multiple learning and development courses support them along that journey. Please feel free to email us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com if you have more feedback. We always want to hear from our current team members!
Sleep early and rise up early is healthy.
Go to the nearby coffee shop and read the daily news paper and you know the local news and international news.

muti level marketing

keep the office neat and tidy

sharing with each others

enjoy when you ware young, for younerrhood goes fast
Pros
pipza
Cons
nesseary
great team to work for. they take care of their employees. Never once felt less than anyone on the team. positive environment to work in. Family orientated team.
29 April 2019
Thank you for the kind words! We value each and every team member no matter the position. As you know, we put a lot of effort into creating a good work environment for our team members to do great work. Our people will always come first.
The people I worked with were great, but the small IT organization means you wear multiple hats, and don't have time to do things well. There wasn't much respect or support for following best practices.
Pros
You get to try many roles
Cons
No visionary goals to inspire staff
29 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you were able to increase your knowledge and development by trying out different positions. There is always room for improvement, so we hope you had the opportunity to share that with your leaders. If not, feel free to reach out to us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.