Brookfield Renewable

Brookfield Renewable Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
I would suggest this company to anyone.
Good culture, great pay

Lots of opportunity for advancement.

cellphone provided, company laptop, 1 hour lunches.
Fun workplace ,great staff and support for career advancement.
Great project and opportunities.

Great colleagues and environment.

Happy to have done Application support with a great team.
The company and the management team treat their staff amazing. I have absolutely no complaints with them. They all work together as a team and have excellent communication with each other. It’s professional but not to the point where you can’t form personal relationships either. Everyone is very willing to help out in any way possible. They have team lunches, random breakfasts, and other incentives which are always nice in an office.
My advice to Management is to pay more attention to Ethical and Moral engineering practices. A balance between Function and Safety. Stop letting unrealistic short-term KPI’s/Bonus’s govern on how your systems are designed. Focus on long term system Reliability. Hire people with real skills and create a nontoxic work culture that accepted and support people with disabilities. Don’t fire highly skilled employees just because you don’t like their personality. Focus on professionalism!

Issues to work on!

- Management in the US is mostly x-Naval personnel. You will not be considered for management role unless you are x-Navy despite your qualifications.

- To much infighting between US teams and Canada Teams

- Management make too many poor decision leadings to the loss of skilled employees and toxic work environment.

- Mostly a male work environment.

- Brookfield’s work environment is not suitable for employee's with disabilities nor do they give reasonable accommodations for their disabled employees.

- SCADA and IT Infrastructure is poorly designed and has the potential of creating an automation fault that can lead to equipment damage and personnel safety concerns.

- No balance between work and personal life

- Long work hours, always on call and vacation tend to be work vacations.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Long work days, Vacations tend to be work vacations, Toxic work enviroment, etc..
I really enjoy working here! This company has a great workplace culture and I have learned a lot. The people there are amazing and it is a very rewarding job.
Brookfield Renewable is an organization that provides an excellent experience to its employees. The focus is on growth and collaboration, which allows for ample opportunities to learn and grow every day. With a open and friendly culture, as well as intellectual colleagues surrounding you, I highly recommend continuing your career here.
Pros
There are a multitude of pros when working for Brookfield, including a collaborative environment, opportunities to learn, intelligent colleagues, a beautiful open concept work space, multiple social activities, and so on!
Cons
The only con that comes to mind is that the complexity of the business, as it can cause a steep initial learning curve. However, learning about the organization is very exciting!
Exceptional experience for any co-op student. You get to work with very talented people on some very important projects. A lot is expected of you but you also get to learn a lot and become better prepared for the job market.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Lots of work for too few employees
Nice management culture. Teams don't always have a clear mandate. Great flexibility and a beautiful building with alot of amenities. Benefits program, pension, gym.
Team environment is very nice for people to work at.Learnt Queue management and ticketing systems as well as working with different teams across the building/company.
- Friendly coworkers
- Everyone is very approachable and happy to help with any questions or concerns you may have.

- As a student I had an opportunity to take online courses to further my education over the summer.

- Barbeques once a month
Brookfield has an incredible culture and dynamic work environment. You continuously get to work with high-achieving, intelligent and conscientious people. The vision and subsequent goals of the organization are highly ambitious and keep everyone engaged. There are also great growth opportunities for those who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
My favorite thing about Brookfield is the outstanding environment and the culture here. There are a lot of changes so the typical day is rarely routine which is great if you like variety. I enjoy the collaboration between people/departments it is an empowering place where everyone’s opinion is valued. The management style is obviously unique for everyone I find the leadership to be outstanding. It is a growing organization with high expectations that can result in long hours. Overall Brookfield Renewable is a very rewarding place to work as well as a great industry to be a part of.
Pros
People, Culture, Growth, Industry, Leadership, Opportunities
Brookfield is a very dynamic organization with great employees - everyone is very dedicated and hard-working. This is definitely an amazing company to work for if you want to be surrounded by smart and driven people. It's a challenging environment but the work is very rewarding. I've worked at Brookfield for the past 4.5 years and I've been continually challenged, but have still had a lot of fun!
In General , I loved my first 4 years working at Brookfield , Especially I had a really good boss. However , experiences with brookfield will depend mainly on the bosses you are working with . Some of them are great , some not so much like in any company.
To advance in this company however , there is a fair deal of politics you need to master and also be in the right circle .

In the corporate department where i spent my last year, I did not enjoy my experience . I had a smart boss but not very good at managing people. In this environment people where more interested in advancing their own agenda than working as a team.

So overall though Brookfield is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Free Breakfast on Fridays, great incentives
Cons
Long Hours in the corporate departments and few hours spent on training
Nice people. I love the working environment and culture of the company.
Working with the employees internally was amazing, they are great people to work with.
Learned a lot about in house programs & programming in general, co-workers were very helpfull in learning the ropes.
Good working environment with emphasis on safety first and foremost. Environmentally certified this power company is tops in its field from top to bottom.
In another words I would still like to be employed with them if there was available work for me.
Pros
a top notch company with many social activities for employees, promoting that sense of team even a family environment that i was really proud of accomplishments.
Cons
land transfer and flooding easements completed and unfortunately they ran out of work for me.