Brookfield Asset Management

Brookfield Asset Management Employee Reviews

Brookfield is one of the biggest and most competitive leaders in the industry. If you are ambitious and are willing to work long hours under stressful environment, you are likely to do well in this company.
Brookfield, it is an amazing place to work. You get to work with a group of energetic, polite and incredibly smart individuals.
Good people and willing to help.
Handling requests for review of Legal documents from sourcing standpoint, coordinating discussion on key terms of interest. Preparing documents and coordinating meetings for RFP events. Researching suppliers in the market.
The typical day at Brookfield as an EA was exciting. You get to work with a group of energetic, young and incredibly smart individuals. My tenure was short at brookfield but I learned alot my year being there.
Very unsatisfied with the job, absolutely no training or knowledge transfer was done. All that supervisor said was it's my expectation from you to know the job with no training or prior knowledge about the system that was mentioned at the time of interview.
Your day to day is very busy but the culture of the firm is great. Management cares about the team, willing to help and also have company sponsored events for all those long hours. You learn a ton but never feel too overwhelmed. One of my favorite places to work.
Brookfield manages investments and assets worth $270 Billion in the following areas; Property, Renewable energy Infrastructure and Private Equity. Lot of Investment on transformation to Digital.
Brookfield Singapore office is set up primarily for 1) fund raising activities in Asia Pacific region and 2) fund management activities for Asia investments. It a good working atmosphere that is open and transparent. However, if someone is looking to do direct deals, regional offices in India, China, Korea and Japan pack more action.
Good environment, lean work, sometimes, it can get intense around month end
Good people and willing to help.

Good social outings paid by the company.
If they see potential in you, you will grow in their company. Have grown from being a temp to a full-time employee that has grown in more than one department.
Great benefits from day one. Very conservative company culture. Room for advancement. Global company. Growing every year. Great CEO. Amazing location.
The company is great. But my specific experience is a horror story.I worked on contract and my manager was rude and treated me as if I was her servant. I was very new, yet highlighted every mistakes, micromanaged and questioned intensely on my mistakes. I bore up with patience and professionalism till I could take it no more. She made me feel so depressed and I lost my self worth working there. Made me feel stupid and useless but I know I am not!! as I had a great work record previously. The toxic environment, lack of work life balance and mutual respect took a toll on my mental and physical health in just 3 months and hence decided to resign in order to keep my sanity.
Management is very cut throat, if they don't like you they will look for a reason to fire you. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company, it a pressure cooker.
Pros
Veru nice view from the office
Cons
Uncaring management, you are just an expense on company's books
Worked for BUUK for 3 years, the job is good, money was not enougth to live where i was, had to realocated, No support for reallocation, No appreciation or consideration. Management even told me ( you are not unique ) after doing 113hours on overtime on that month.

They have plenty money and really good tools, long hours of work, low wages, low appreciation.
Pros
Good tools, good coleagues
Cons
Wages, appreciation, carrer opportunity
Don't work here. The culture is awful and the politics of a 100+ year old company shine through. There's no saving this culture.\

You probably won't get paid as well anywhere else, but it's not worth your sanity.
Fast paced environment at a growing business where you get to work with sophisticated professionals on interesting matters. Great compensation and benefit packages.
Management doesn't communicate well and constantly in a mindset of hurry up and wait, frustrating to be sitting in the office on a Friday night waiting for feedback that they have been sitting on for 2 weeks and now we have to hope we have enough time to actually check final revisions before we release......
Pros
has potential and pays decently
Cons
long hours, poor management and communication
Extremely decentralized work groups cause enormous amounts of confusion and delays the progress of many inter departmental communications. Example being the segmentation of FP&A group by assigning each investment team with FP&A lead which creates disparity in quality and unique stylized work outputs. Verbiage varies and communication is hindered by the wild goose chase nature of finding the appropriate contact to discuss with authority to address issues and make decisions.
Pros
Firm is doing well so good job security and constant exposure to new, innovative ideas
Cons
Growing too fast with little to no focus on developing more robust infrastructure
Good Company to work for. offices are state of the art, the company is financially solid, Brookfield provides good compensation and good benefits to their employees.
Office culture is very tough and management is quite strict. Great learning environment and there's a lot of potential for growth within the company. No work-life balance.
My job at Brookfield was more than a job, I worked with a team of executives who challenged me to do my best everyday. I was able to learn new policies, and new procedures. I was able to train other executive admins who joined the company, and help them to be successful with their teams. I learned to be confident and to trust in my abilities during my tenure there. I had an excellent manager and boss who put his confidence in me, and we learned to work together well.
Pros
Very flexible with time for family
Cons
Sometimes had to work weekends, not often.