Brook Restoration

Brook Restoration Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
They have a table tennis table and we get to go for dinners after work. Work is intense and productive. Always need to update your profit/loss margins
Pros
Free Dinners
Cons
Too intense
Did a lot of learning while I was there and most people were ok with me not knowing a lot of stuff as well as being able to teach me things along the way
High rise and sub-level restoration projects, large company with multiple divisions. If you are willing to work at heights and dusty conditions then this is the place for you.
Ok place to work, some of co workers very helpful others envious. As long ad you show up on time give your best, you will do ok ! Just beware of owner,doesnt tolerate b.s. and will fire yoi on the dpot #
Do many different jobs, at Brook,manage a number of different guys, do safety talks , keep track of job budgets, have a schedule to meet, deal with many different engineers, very long work hours including working evenings and nights and weekends a lot of the time
Alot of backlog and no clear guidance from the CFO who's your direct supervisor in the accounts department. Didnt offer enough training to start your work on the right foot. Constant harrasment and complaints from unpaid vendors and clients.
Working with Brook restoration has been a great chance to gain experience in the restoration field of the trades. The other employees are also pleasant to be around in the early mornings.
Great company with lots of room to grow and learn. I've enjoyed my time working here at the moment I am laid of due to the weather but I'd like to get back to work as soon as the weather gets better.
Worked performed was ok long hours hard work. shift work hard to get use to. Training excellent safety was always first. Working conditions were depending on the job.
Great place to work. Room to advance is there for those who put in the effort. Great benefits and good pay, good coworkers. Management tends to stand by the workers and have their backs. Went from field labourer to upper management in a few years.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
Hours can be long at time
This company does commercial restoration work from high rises to underground parking garages and more. The people are nice and your days will be spent being very productive. The pay is fair and its a great learning experience.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Get yelled at a lot for things that are out of your control.
Took me a year to get my benefits.

No pay raises

Still fighting to get my banked hours

Never get the tools you need to complete the job.
overall good pay good benefits hardest part of the job chiping all day most enjoyable part of the job forming curbs forming concrete slab
Pros
bring your own lunch
Cons
long hours are required to meet the jobs dead lines
boss is a self absorbed arrogant person. you catch him on a bad day and could get fired for holding a shovel wrong for example.