Bronte College of Canada

Bronte College of Canada Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews

So so 50/50

Fun at first not until you begin to work side by side with the staff. Some where nicer than the others. I noticed through out my stay there were atleast 6 people coming in and out because of favouritism. Pay is basic. Well, there's no perfect work place, all I'm saying is Bronte isn't one of the favourite job/company I've done/worked with.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short hours, Basic Pay

Front desk/receptionist

* They lie on their jobs adds describing the position as " Maternity leave", * Unrespectful environment from HR and MKT area * Dirty place in general , * Arrogant boss * They are looking for a slave with a minimum of rights. * Very unprofessional place to work * Your job will never be enough for the governance ( front desk direct boss) and marketing department, and will treat you as a woman with no rights. *** As a ex employee in that "school" I don't recommend that place even for working or studying. Stay away form that place.

Pros

A private school with a very low sense of a Canadian values, Owners and some administrative positions are snobby and there have low respect for the employers

Cons

Everything but Canadian experience job.

Insights into Bronte College of Canada

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment

Work

The female Chef is pathetic and rude and think shes the master Chef, HR is no were to be professional or knowledgeable about this position, poor pay, poor interview, poor hygiene, dont know how to talk to people..

An uninviting place to work at

Most horrible experience. Staff are vindictive and ingenuine. The head chef is rude, arrogant and spiteful; except towards her lackeys. Imagine washing dishes for 4 hours and having to put them away too, while the male employee just kept walking around and wiping the kitchen over and over. Horrible. I left after two days.

Pros

Free lunches; but I brought my own

Cons

longgg hours washing dishes

Unprofessional Management & HR, Horrible Treatment towards Kids

DO NOT RECOMMEND. My first week working and HR complained about the students, telling me that I'll end up hating and loving some kids. They explained how the culture was and gossiped about the teachers being miserable because they weren't hired by the school board and some employees being snobby. I was shocked how unprofessional HR was. Further, the head of the kitchen stopped caring about her job and the kids. There were times where food would run out in the cafeteria and students were still in line for lunch forced to eat whatever was left over - usually not enough to fill them. There were lice in the dorms, broken sinks, broken door locks, broken lights in classrooms, leaks, ongoing maintenance issues that would go unsolved because there was only one employee responsible for the entire building. Not enough attention and care by management to improve the school's infrastructure.

Bad experience- do not reccomend

It was an overall bad place to work. Management is terrible!!! The role itself was simple (despite having terrible management staff). The hours that were required of the job were terrible however. There was not much given in pay to make up for the terrible hours of work this job required. They have a long way to go in terms of making this school a better school and this role one that they can see some sort of longevity to with their staff member(S)

Helpful and Supportive Team

Fast paced during service but usually relaxed after. Coworkers are very helpful and supportive: a second home. A good place to work and grow professionally.

Private school

You work very independently and are given freedom to learn and implement your vision for projects. Its a private school mostly for foreign students. Management is not the best though.

Horrible place to work, head chef is very unprofessional

I worked at Bronte college for a very short period of time, during that time, it was quickly revealed to me how unprofessional management was. The head chef can not take criticism and throws a tantrum like a 5 year old when she does not get her way. HR has no back bone and allows others to push him around. Overall Bronte college is a horrible place to work, it was one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had.

Pros

Cons

Everything else

A fun position for capable students to learn leadership, communication and team management skills.

A typical day at work was very short. Most of our duties were done for roughly 10 minutes after 11pm. We did occassionally have to work with the students assigned to us, making sure they were notified of any residential related events, changes and other related information.

I was working and studying in my private high school at the same time.

Each year Bronte College of Canada pick 8 the most organized and well managed students of the school in order to become a school staff supervisors on each floor of the residence. The overall experience was brilliant because I was surrounded by a wonderful team of my peers as well as school management and administration in order to work on school's environment and to create fabulous experience for other 600 students who were studying with us.

Pros

A good salary

Cons

Constant everyday work

Working with special needs children in school setting, amazing teachers I worked with,

I was only teaching assistant within the school, I primarily worked one on one with child with special needs, I had flexibility to work in other rooms to assist with teacher and students. Was involved with running school lunch/snack program for entire school population. I ran errands outside of school for prinicipal for school related activities. The easiest part of my job was the children I was able to interact with, the ENTIRE teaching staff was amazing and so supportive of one another. I did not find this job difficult at all. I learned alot of being able to juggle many jobs such as working one on one in classroom, being pulled out to deal with a maintainance issue, to running an errand in the next moment. I enjoyed that kind of day. I handled it very well.

Pros

Working with great teachers, being able to work in an atomsphere with those who had special needs.

Cons

If there was any difficulty, it was watching my coworkers berated by a very aggressive boss.

management do not follow many criteria

management do not converse with staff in the hospitality staff and do not have any meeting with other staff head chef does not want any talks going to the office or the HR

It was more of a volunteer than an actual job

The math tutoring was more of a volunteer than actual job. The tutoring only happened 3 times a week after school hours. I learnt how to approach teaching people because people learn differently. Conflict with school work for me, but the experience was worth it. The good part of the job was that the tutee was very prompt and eager to learn, making the tutoring more enjoyable.

It was fine

I would rate my experience average. The people were friendly. However, the working space is limited.My co-workers were nice.

Amazing summer camp opportunity

This job gave me a great opportunity to work on my language and communication skillS. The camp members were children from all over the world whose first language was not english so it was really enriching to help them navigate around the language and culture. The average day consisted of waking up the participants and ensuring they were ready for breakfast and their morning classes, then we organized and supervised various activities across ontario during afternoon and evening programs. The work environment was very friendly and all staff was extremely helpful and pleasant.

Fun and conducive environment to learning

I had the chance to leverage my formation in Math, French and Physics. I learned that kids learnt faster kinesthetically, so I would find methods to use this approach. That made tutoring more fun for me.

Pros

nice people, always willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bronte College of Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement