Brofort Inc.
View all Brofort Inc. reviews

Brofort Inc.

Brofort Inc. Employee Review

Not worth it in the long run, AVOID!

I worked out of the Western office for several years and had been an installer as well as in project management. Brofort's biggest problem is they don't value people and the VP is his own worst enemy because of this mentality.I have seen many "loyal" people leave abruptly after finally being pushed to the limit. If you're in management this company will try and wear you down to the point of no resistance. If you speak your mind you have just painted a target on your back.They don't care about the field staff, these guys are the only reason the company is or was successful. These guys liked their jobs and executed well but were often treated poorly. Pulling loopholes to not pay for travel time, denying gas expenses when using your own vehicle, altering your schedule daily and flying you around the country so you can't even plan your own life around work, tossing you from day shift to night shift week by week, etc...Another poster mentioned how they don't fire field staff they just reduce their hours. I can confirm this is true and very unethical. They'll leave you at home wondering when they'll have work for you but they're just hoping you'll go away or quit. Especially if you take a stand on some health and safety issues you have a concern with, this is a sure fire way to lose hours with them, They don't like "troublemakers".There is a warehouse supervisor who would constantly say racist and sexist jokes on the job, he would verbally assault people, threaten to "take them outside", injure employees and yet still have a job. Guess they "forgot" to document these cases -

Pros

Field Staff, Nice office

Cons

Upper Management, Attitude of VP, no work/life balance, constant pressure, Andre

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Great job for the right person

Typical day: Organizing projects (Small to medium size), talking with staff and subcontractors/tradespeople in other cities, dispatching staff, managing installations. I learned: How to do business the right way and how to own your projects. Management: Tough but fair. Asks a lot of employees but gives you the tools to succeed Culture: Work hard, be fair, be honest, under promise and over deliver Hardest part of the job: Managing work overnight and taking calls from different time zones early morning/after hours Most enjoyable part: Getting thing done you never thought were possible Overall, there are pros and cons. If you make it work, they make it worth your while with great pay increases and promotions.

Pros

Every day is different, pay is great, you get benefits

Cons

Early morning/after hours calls and timezones

Good Company, Good people

I started with this company as a Fixture Installer and have moved up the ranks to Project Coordinator within a year. The Manager's at Brofort are very good at recognizing hard work and dedication. Having the right attitude, commitment and willing to go the extra mile will go a long way. The hardest part about the job is that you get the occasional overnight work, however, that comes with the nature of Retail Solutions. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there's always something to do or a new challenge to take on with Brofort. I've learned so much and I'm still learning everyday. It's definitely a rewarding company to work for. I'm looking forward to having great success with Brofort.

Pros

Travel, Potential of advancement, Rewarding

Great Place To Start

I started with Brofort as a Management Trainee right out of school and it was my first full-time job. The hours are long, the clients are demanding and the work is tough, but I have developed and learned so many skills in my time here that it more than makes up for the struggles. My boss is a tremendous mentor who has invested the time and energy in to me and my career to help me grow.

Pros

People, mentorship, ability to learn new skills, career growth

Cons

long hours, demanding clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brofort Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about Brofort Inc. in popular locations

• Brofort Inc.
  • Not worth it in the long run, AVOID!