Brofort Inc.

Brofort Inc. Employee Reviews

Safe and productive work environment with a wide variety of jobs. Decent pay

Brofort was a great company to work for while I was around. I enjoyed the people and the opportunity to grow within the company. Unfortunately, they are not busy year-round as there is down-time in the winter months between December-March. You do have the option of going on EI however. Sometimes you may be required to be away from home for a week or more at a time, but never more than 3. I believe Brofort could do a little more for their employees who are not management, as far as benefits go, considering they don't offer any currently. Over-all it was a great experience to work for the company. Some room for improvement. I believe they should look at their workers more as assets rather than just employees. As an asset to the company will give far more back in the long run than a shorter-term employee. You give what you get and this is the only improvement I can find.

Disorganized job sites

Lousy supes.Pay Ontario way in other provinces Short you wherever they canTravel is covered improperly etc.They think they are better than they actually are

Pros

Cons

Sometimes worked 16 hours in a day. No OT pay

Not worth it in the long run, AVOID!

I worked out of the Western office for several years and had been an installer as well as in project management. Brofort's biggest problem is they don't value people and the VP is his own worst enemy because of this mentality.I have seen many "loyal" people leave abruptly after finally being pushed to the limit. If you're in management this company will try and wear you down to the point of no resistance. If you speak your mind you have just painted a target on your back.They don't care about the field staff, these guys are the only reason the company is or was successful. These guys liked their jobs and executed well but were often treated poorly. Pulling loopholes to not pay for travel time, denying gas expenses when using your own vehicle, altering your schedule daily and flying you around the country so you can't even plan your own life around work, tossing you from day shift to night shift week by week, etc...Another poster mentioned how they don't fire field staff they just reduce their hours. I can confirm this is true and very unethical. They'll leave you at home wondering when they'll have work for you but they're just hoping you'll go away or quit. Especially if you take a stand on some health and safety issues you have a concern with, this is a sure fire way to lose hours with them, They don't like "troublemakers".There is a warehouse supervisor who would constantly say racist and sexist jokes on the job, he would verbally assault people, threaten to "take them outside", injure employees and yet still have a job. Guess they "forgot" to document these cases -

Pros

Field Staff, Nice office

Cons

Upper Management, Attitude of VP, no work/life balance, constant pressure, Andre

The work itself is good but management is awful

The work itself is good but management is crazy. It's an easy 9 to 5 but cerain people working there can make your life miserable. Other ten that they pay good

Misleading

Fast turn around rate of employees. Misleading job information, everyone is part time even if they are told full time. Micro managed 150% of the time.

Part Time work

I only work a few hours a month for this company, but they have always been good to me, so I stay with them as they are extremely flexible. When I travelled out of town to house sit for a family member, they were able to find me dispatches in that area so that I could still make some money while I was there. Wonderful people to work for.

Odd Methods

management had a very indirect way of dealing with grievances. I was told they had a rule that they never fire employees, only put them in unfavourable positions as punishment. Although some may see that as common or acceptable, I really didn't feel that's the most respectful or even helpful solution to resort to. It was for this reason that my manager and essentially the person who was supposed to train me were fairly incompetent, as they had been put into completely new departments in which they had very little experience in or knowledge of.

Poor management

This company will cheat you out sadly they dont care mich for guys on the field office people have it good with benefits but guys on the field dont plus you are always changing your schedule from nights to day so it gets a toll on you! Also they dont fallow the new laws made in place to help us worker ..... i don't really recommend this job to anyone unless you need something for now its a great filler till you find the right job.

okay

They put family they hire before anyone else even if they're lacking experience and lay off the rest. One of the project managers there was very knowledgeable but let others control the way he thought. but then again, at the end of the day it's all about who you know.

Cons

Unnapreciative

Challenging

Learn a lot in a challenging environment. Great companies associated with Brofort. Lots of projects and the projects are always changing. Hours are both day and night

Jobs at Brofort Inc.

See more jobs

great experience

it was a very great experience working there i loved my job i learned alot when i was working there. i learned how to pain i learned how to hang dry wall and i learned ho to mud( put plaster up with the dry wall)

Pros

great experience

Cons

Maybe a good place for the people that work at the factory,

It's like a carnival, traveling around, don't trust them. They say one thing , and do another. Some managment like to power trip. Like they think they are something special. No thanks.

Pros

Cons

Bad attitude

Great Owner, Leaders and Staff

Great Place to work if you are willing to work hard and put in your best. If you prove yourself there is opportunity for fast advancement and good pay with benefits on a management level. People that put in bad review of this place are normally temp employees or disgruntled workers that did not make the cut. Due to the nature of the business. So some jobs can be nights and weekends. If you give it your best. Show up for work when you say have good communication and are honest. This is the place for you

Great job for the right person

Typical day: Organizing projects (Small to medium size), talking with staff and subcontractors/tradespeople in other cities, dispatching staff, managing installations. I learned: How to do business the right way and how to own your projects. Management: Tough but fair. Asks a lot of employees but gives you the tools to succeed Culture: Work hard, be fair, be honest, under promise and over deliver Hardest part of the job: Managing work overnight and taking calls from different time zones early morning/after hours Most enjoyable part: Getting thing done you never thought were possible Overall, there are pros and cons. If you make it work, they make it worth your while with great pay increases and promotions.

Pros

Every day is different, pay is great, you get benefits

Cons

Early morning/after hours calls and timezones

Good Company, Good people

I started with this company as a Fixture Installer and have moved up the ranks to Project Coordinator within a year. The Manager's at Brofort are very good at recognizing hard work and dedication. Having the right attitude, commitment and willing to go the extra mile will go a long way. The hardest part about the job is that you get the occasional overnight work, however, that comes with the nature of Retail Solutions. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there's always something to do or a new challenge to take on with Brofort. I've learned so much and I'm still learning everyday. It's definitely a rewarding company to work for. I'm looking forward to having great success with Brofort.

Pros

Travel, Potential of advancement, Rewarding

Been here long enough to see a lot of people stay, and a lot of people go and a lot of people leave and come back again :)

Overall Brofort Inc. is challenging and fast paced. Brofort is constantly growing, and looking for new opportunities to support their customers. Which is why they are so diverse. Many departments,(Fixturing Dept., Construction Dept. Maintenance Dept. Warehousing and logistics, Print Dept.) and over 130 employees across Canada The main focus is retail services, the majority of work is updating stores with new fixures/signage/ full reno's, so of course retailers do not want this type of work happening in their stores while customers are shopping. So nights aren't for everyone. BUT if you want to grow, and be a valued member of the team you do have to understand this. So picking and choosing the projects you do, will get you less hours. If you are self motivated, and are willing to dig in, roll up the sleeves, get dirty, and put in some hours, the company will invest back into you. Travel isn't for everyone. Brofort does arrange all the travel arrangements, and offers a per diem a day some people tend to forget travel doesn't mean site seeing and extra curricular activities the main reason is for work Overall I am happy to still be here, I have a great boss:), I love what I do, and the day to day challenges, I have learned a ton!! This comes from starting in the field, constantly try to learn more even after all these years and continuing to work hard.

Pros

Lots of room to grow within the company, challenging, always something new to work on

Project Work

Working at this employment was very stressful. The demand was to be available all hours. While trying to develop a logistics department there was a lack of cooperation from all levels of management. This was because it was all new to the business. There was great potential but budgets were limited.

Cons

Lack of support

Watch out

They'll love you and hate u at the same time u can be the best and then then worst all in 1 day everything they do breaks the law in so many ways and there never held accountable for there actions

Pros

Cons

all

Brofort Inc.

Good company to start your career. Work life balance can be non-existent depending on the day and projects you have going on. Salary is comparable to others. Advancement is minimal.

Stable Company

I worked for this company for a short period of time as a site super in Peterborough Ontario. Great company have nothing bad to say about, unfortunately I had to leave on personal issues. Very accommodating company when it comes to your personal life if you ask me and wish I could get back on board with them.

New experiences daily

Brofort inc works with major retailer and vendors. Because of this the job site and work is always changing. Nice to not do the same things day in and day out. The hours are not the best for family life, but the work is consistent, which is nice!

Pros

Consistent construction work

Cons

Work hours are always changing, lots of last minute changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brofort Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement