Brofort Inc. Employee Reviews

Great job for the right person
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2018
Typical day: Organizing projects (Small to medium size), talking with staff and subcontractors/tradespeople in other cities, dispatching staff, managing installations.
I learned: How to do business the right way and how to own your projects.
Management: Tough but fair. Asks a lot of employees but gives you the tools to succeed
Culture: Work hard, be fair, be honest, under promise and over deliver
Hardest part of the job: Managing work overnight and taking calls from different time zones early morning/after hours
Most enjoyable part: Getting thing done you never thought were possible

Overall, there are pros and cons. If you make it work, they make it worth your while with great pay increases and promotions.
Pros
Every day is different, pay is great, you get benefits
Cons
Early morning/after hours calls and timezones
Good Company, Good people
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2018
I started with this company as a Fixture Installer and have moved up the ranks to Project Coordinator within a year. The Manager's at Brofort are very good at recognizing hard work and dedication. Having the right attitude, commitment and willing to go the extra mile will go a long way.

The hardest part about the job is that you get the occasional overnight work, however, that comes with the nature of Retail Solutions. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there's always something to do or a new challenge to take on with Brofort.

I've learned so much and I'm still learning everyday. It's definitely a rewarding company to work for. I'm looking forward to having great success with Brofort.
Pros
Travel, Potential of advancement, Rewarding
Been here long enough to see a lot of people stay, and a lot of people go and a lot of people leave and come back again :)
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2018
Overall Brofort Inc. is challenging and fast paced. Brofort is constantly growing, and looking for new opportunities to support their customers. Which is why they are so diverse.
Many departments,(Fixturing Dept., Construction Dept. Maintenance Dept. Warehousing and logistics, Print Dept.) and over 130 employees across Canada

The main focus is retail services, the majority of work is updating stores with new fixures/signage/ full reno's, so of course retailers do not want this type of work happening in their stores while customers are shopping. So nights aren't for everyone. BUT if you want to grow, and be a valued member of the team you do have to understand this. So picking and choosing the projects you do, will get you less hours.

If you are self motivated, and are willing to dig in, roll up the sleeves, get dirty, and put in some hours, the company will invest back into you.

Travel isn't for everyone. Brofort does arrange all the travel arrangements, and offers a per diem a day some people tend to forget travel doesn't mean site seeing and extra curricular activities the main reason is for work

Overall I am happy to still be here, I have a great boss:), I love what I do, and the day to day challenges, I have learned a ton!! This comes from starting in the field, constantly try to learn more even after all these years and continuing to work hard.
Pros
Lots of room to grow within the company, challenging, always something new to work on
Project Work
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON1 February 2018
Working at this employment was very stressful. The demand was to be available all hours. While trying to develop a logistics department there was a lack of cooperation from all levels of management. This was because it was all new to the business.
There was great potential but budgets were limited.
Cons
Lack of support
Watch out
Maintenance technicians (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 January 2018
They'll love you and hate u at the same time u can be the best and then then worst all in 1 day everything they do breaks the law in so many ways and there never held accountable for there actions
Pros
Cons
all
Brofort Inc.
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 November 2017
Good company to start your career.
Work life balance can be non-existent depending on the day and projects you have going on.
Salary is comparable to others.
Advancement is minimal.
Stable Company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 November 2017
I worked for this company for a short period of time as a site super in Peterborough Ontario. Great company have nothing bad to say about, unfortunately I had to leave on personal issues. Very accommodating company when it comes to your personal life if you ask me and wish I could get back on board with them.
New experiences daily
Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto17 July 2017
Brofort inc works with major retailer and vendors. Because of this the job site and work is always changing. Nice to not do the same things day in and day out. The hours are not the best for family life, but the work is consistent, which is nice!
Pros
Consistent construction work
Cons
Work hours are always changing, lots of last minute changes
Fun Job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
I wish I could get more hours working for this company. They are great! Very flexible. They stand behind their people. Always friendly and helpful.
fun and productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2017
the speed and pace at which they work is incredible. they always try to complete their task within the given time frame . the supervisors and other workers are friendly as well.
what is this
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Various6 June 2017
A great place to work but travel is all over the province and the work is up and down. Great experience in using hand tools but many jobs require night work
Need to change philosophy
Site Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
Brofort has very poor management, they have staff employed by them that break the law with no consequence. And they project manager lives by the code what happens on the road stays on the road.

Tisk tisk
Pros
free travel
Cons
everything else
Great Place To Start
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 February 2017
I started with Brofort as a Management Trainee right out of school and it was my first full-time job.

The hours are long, the clients are demanding and the work is tough, but I have developed and learned so many skills in my time here that it more than makes up for the struggles.

My boss is a tremendous mentor who has invested the time and energy in to me and my career to help me grow.
Pros
People, mentorship, ability to learn new skills, career growth
Cons
long hours, demanding clients
Great company with plenty of upward mobility (If you're the right fit)
Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
I have been a Brofort employee for 3.5 years now. Initially started in the field and eventually worked my way up to a management position.

This company definitely has a lot of upward mobility if you're the right fit and you take pride in your work. There are a lot of disgruntled reviewers on this site but it's not an accurate reflection of Brofort.

I learned a great deal from being in the field and that helped me become successful in my management role. Brofort will invest time and money in you if they see that you add value to the company. Based on our industry there will always be people coming and going and some cannot accept that they were let go due to under performance.

If you speak sincerely about your skill set then they will usually find the right fit for you and if you take pride in your work the right people will notice.

The hardest part of the job as management is the odd late night phone call or the fires that need to be put out but ultimately these scenarios show your dedication to the company and can go a long way.

By far the most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work here. The guys who work in the field are very easy going, experienced, and know how to have a good time while getting the job done.

Fantastic place to work if you're honest about your skill set and get put in a position you can excel in. I've never been at a company where the President cares this much about the guys that are out doing the field work.
Pros
People, Atmosphere, President, Our Customers
Cons
Sometimes long hours, the odd weekend work
Good job if you and handy with tools and technology
SS, PC (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2017
Very faced paced environment. Always working in different stores and on different types of displays. Some long days but that's the industry sometimes (pay day is weekly, which is nice). Learned a lot about troubleshooting and time management. The managers were helpful and patient (some more than others...). Most of the on site guys were easy to get along with as long as you pull your weight. A lot of the jobs were overnight which can be tough but made the work easier since you could spread out your work space and there was no customers to work around.

Best part of the job is walking into a store months or years later and pointing out all the stuff you built.
Pros
Doing something new every week
Cons
Some overnight work.
Worst work place I have ever had the displeasure of working for!
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2016
Not only do they care more about money then their employees but they dont even seem to care about when one of their own is in a dangerous situation. I was in a bad situation with another employee and in the end who do they decide to fire out of the two of us, me thats who. Fire the whistle blower. I should have called the police instead of my boss. So what ever you do people, if you value your safety and want to work in a safe comfortable work environment look elsewhere.
Pros
Got to travel and see some old friends
Cons
Everything else!!
A waste of your time.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 August 2016
I was truly disappointed with my brief time at the company. I was promised certain things when I was hired and what was promised never happened. The people I worked with were great they were friendly and helpful. Management was a truly a dissapointment. If you are in charge of people every step should be taken to make the new person feel like they are getting properly trained and in my case that wasn't the case. I was maybe trained for one day and basically left to my own devices to accomplish what ever the task was to accomplish. Be prepared for disorganization and self learning if you are unfortunate to be hired by this company.
Pros
Friendly coworkers.
Cons
No proper training, promises werent kept when hired and be prepared to train yourself.
Good place to work. Everyone is very hardworking
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 March 2016
Your typical day is very busy either hands on or getting ready for projects. This type of business is not something you can go to school for. You need to be quick learn, keep up with the team and be prepared to travel. Every one is very hard working and wants what is best for the company. the hardiest part of being at Brofort is keeping up, there is always work to be done and it is easy to fall behind. I have had my share of jobs but the owner of Brofort is one you don't mind working hard for, he is a very strong business man who built the company from the ground up by he knows he wouldn't be where he is if it wasn't for the people who he reminds everyone of when he see them.
Pros
Fast pace, very good clients, good salary, great employees, hard but fun place to work.
Cons
It is very difficult to plan a life around this type job, It really is 24/7 and hard to break away from even when on vacation.
A joke of a company.
Millwork installer/carpentry (Former Employee) –  Western Canada8 June 2015
You have 22 year old kids with no tickets running these jobs, drinking till 2-3 in the afternoon after working night shift. They pay like $%&$, no benefits, your "turnaround" is literally a weekend at home after 21 days out.
Pros
not that I saw
Cons
Everything about it.
tempory
Full Time General Labourer (Former Employee) –  simcoe8 March 2015
one of the best jobs i've had ...ez to read and understand instructions
.bosses always willing to help with any problems that come up .
Pros
great pay
Cons
need driver liecence to follow