Brock University

Brock University Employee Reviews

group work
Group work to deal with the partners' problems. Great chance to improve the communication skills and utilize the critical thinking to help the clients optimize the strategies.
My experience as an employee
Brock is an inclusive working environment where employees are give excellent in-service training to achieve the best result. However, the pay for student's staff are very low.
Exciting Teaching Environment
Got to teach students about different subjects. Can be time consuming if lots of essays, assignments and exams to mark. You learn lots from your students.
Fun place to work, great work life balance
I worked as a student Career Assistant (student position) while completing a full time undergraduate degree at Brock University. The work life balance was great and my Manager was very accommodating of my personal and academic schedule. I also worked with a great group of Career Assistants. We had a lot of really good training. We truly were a team and were always there to help each other out, and learn from each other. I would recommend this job to anyone who has a passion for helping students with their career research.
Innovative and essential for personal development
Brock University provides a conducive atmosphere of work. I learned to manage my time so as to overcome the pressure posed by the work. The interactive nature of the job makes me enjoy it very well.
Brock is a great place to work with students
If you enjoy making a difference in the professionals of tomorrow Brock provides that opportunity for you. I have truly enjoyed helping, hiring and developing students who have gone to have great professional careers. I am still in touch with many of them. I am grateful for this experience.
Great culture
Paycheques always come on time, rules are fair, faculty members are great, student are also fantastic. Given how cheap this city is, pay is pretty good.
University Student
Brock is a great place for students to earn their degree and to meet other students and professors that may assist with the student achieving their future career goals.
Student work union
It was a great place to work, they worked around my classes, the job was busy at times, yet relaxed at others, management was very clear on what was expected but were there to help when you made a mistake
Pros
Work around your availability
Cons
Benefits, short hours, pay
Fun and interactive environment
Worked with a great team that was organized and passionate about their work. There was open communication adn issues were resolved quickly and effectively.
It was a very fast paced work place, where I had to manage my education and also complete the assigned project. The project dealt with finding a client and creating a fully functional database.
Excellent working environment
Brock is an excellent University and offered me one of the best platforms to hone my research skills and also get to pass on knowledge to other students.
Program advisor
I have enjoyed my time at brock university. As I have retired this is a perfect job to keep busy however, time to schedule other activities. The programn is well run and the collaboration is excellent!
Its pretty good man
It was a good experience and it taught me a lot about the perks of being a lifeguard and has really shown me the benefits of teaching others and having a safe environment.
Depends on the Department
Some departments suffer with poor culture and some employees are extremely happy in other departments. Overall, a solid place to be with lots of fantastic people at the university.
Bucssa
Joined the student club, there is no workload, I feel that I have not learned a lot of useful things. The number of students in BUCSSA is relatively small and needs to continue to develop.
Hamstrung by faculty union
For those who aren't tenured faculty members, morale is generally low. The faculty collective agreement is such that Professors take the most money out of the institution while, generally speaking, showing up the least yet demanding their own offices. They are woefully unaware of their impact on the culture of the institution, and the university suffers as a result.
Easy and fun but the school itself sucks
I worked as a teaching assistant at Brock U. and loved it. The student were fine, the professors are decent (for bosses, anyway) and the pay was great. Unfortunately the opportunities were limited and even I only got the job by chance/luck. (Not enough jobs/T.A. positions for grad students!!)
great good experience
I gain a lot of experience here. My colleagues are friendly and work here is not hard. I enjoy working in Brock and wish that I can work here in the future
Friendly and Compassionate Staff
Professors and administrative workers care about their employees and students. They are willing to accommodate individual needs as long as the required work gets done. As both a student and employee of Brock University, I can say they are very friendly and compassionate.
productive and a great place for growth.
it is a fun place to work because you get to interact with different people from different background and culture, you also get feedbacks in order for you to know where to improve.