Brock Canada Employee Reviews

great organization to be apart of
Scaffolder Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 March 2019
great team work, everyone plays important role to make job sites safe. never had an issue with the employers nor employees, most job sites i worked at for brock, everyone made you feel welcomed!
great work crews
Equipment Operator, Skilled labour (Former Employee) –  Canada11 December 2018
great group of people to work with but the management skills of some of the higher ups are to be desired. for the most part a good place to work if you enjoy a little bit of chaos
Pros
great guys on site
Cons
no support from managment
Fun environment
Oilfield Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2018
It was a pleasure working at brock. I gained added experience to my field of work. Many wonderful benefits and perks to working with brock. I enjoyed the team I worked with.
Pros
Free Accommodation
Cons
Company full of lies and deceit
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2018
I could not see myself ever working for this company again.
This company is full of liars and back stabbers from the top down.
Anyone who actually does their job and does it well is replaced, the company is a giant popularity contest.

This company will lie to get people on site, saying positions are long term, etc. When in reality they will lay people off within a week or even that first shift.

This company claims to be an industry leader in soft trades, but it is far from.
Moral on many job sites is extremely low, they believe in threats vs positive reinforcement. The fact this company is pushing for compressed work weeks vs giving employees fair working wages/hours, especially when you work away in camp away from your families is a joke.

They also expect employees to transfer to other job sites on their days off, at a minutes notice with no overtime, because it's a "different" job site. Turning down this "extra" work will negatively impact your career, as you wont be seen as a team player.

I could write a small novel on all the underhanded things this company has done.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
Productive place to work, but management needs more training.
HR Administrator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2018
A typical day at work at Brock Canada is typically 9 to 5. The pay is not bad and the benefits were okay. The management I felt did favoritism and promoted who they knew and not who had the education.
benefits
Cons
managements
great team
Fireproofer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB25 June 2018
This was an new company that lost the bid on the job so therefor everyone lost their jobs. All due to inexperience in the field. The company had great morale.
Pros
great experience
Cons
job contract fell through
Horrible company
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
This company employs various trades, but unless you're a scaffold there is no room for advancement.
Entire office is run by scaffolders, with scaffold mentality.
Management offers little support to field employees, and only cares about perception.
Productive workplace.
JM Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2018
Enjoyed working for Brock. This job allowed me to travel and work with many different individuals and see different sites. Learned new
site safety rules that can be applied to any other site I may go to. Very good pay and good support from Brock itself.
Great company
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2018
Brock was a great company to work for . Never misstreated our anyThing like that.
Hours were good.
Salary was good.
People/coworkers were helpful and polite.
I was also able to mostly work at my own .pace either alone or as a team.

Great company to to work for
Pros
Good benefits, good houRs, great people and environment
Cons
Lack of work as a contractor sometimes .
All about the numbers not employees
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 March 2018
Probably the worst place I have ever worked. they expect you to work 24/7 and not be able to bank time or get paid out. No regard for employees, very bad systems and no support.
Average
Scaffold Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2018
It was average experience that I found to be although mediocre, not too unlike what one would experience if compared to a large number of experiences.
Great people
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Alberta26 January 2018
Nice place to work with great hours and overtime, they seem to be getting a lot of new work. Good company to stick with if you want longevity and a good career.
Pros
Good people, look out for each other.
Growing company
Fireproofer (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB19 January 2018
They have a lot of work and seem to be growing, they pay well for certain things and then seem to cut on others. They are having a difficult time organizing the logistics.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
lack organization, unpredictable
Great people with management that care!
Scaffold Erector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2018
Great place to work, they allow you time to execute your work safely and truly care that you go home safe. They have lots of shift and site options as they continue to grow and take over more projects. I have been with this company for many years and they have a large core group of loyal employees.
Pros
Lots of work
I would not choose to work for brock in the future
Insulation Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2018
The job in and of itself was fine, while management leadership left a lot to be desired.
The company touts itself as being an " Industry leader in soft trades", nothing could be further from the truth.
Pros
Good tradesmen
Cons
Poor leadership when it comes to management
The People Make it what it is.
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC8 December 2017
I worked with a lot of great guys so I enjoyed my job. Just show up to work prepared, get the job done and go home. Don't lie cheat steal, harass or try to get away with anything you shouldn't and you're job and life in general will be much easier and stress free.
Pros
Money
Cons
Dodging bullets
Alright group of people, horrible equipment and company to work for.
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB27 October 2017
Brock is alright to work for but management lacks back bone and the company supplies horrible safety equipment. Any company that puts the weight of two retractable lanyards on the back of the workers should be shut down.
Pros
Close work site to home.
Cons
Horrible safety equipment, tool crib never had anything that we needed, tools stolen by other workers and were not replaced by Brock.
productive and fun work place
fireproofer,removal,trolling,rolling and tauchup (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2017
its good company ilike to be member of them workers and enjoy with them becouse them management is good and allways you work safe place,high level experience formans and supervisors.
Family Orientated
Document Control (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 January 2017
Brock Canada is a family orientated company in my opinion. My time working there was very interesting. Benefits and pay was good.
Pros
Able to work independently or with others.
Cons
Incomplete instructions.