Brink's Incorporated Employee Review

View all Brink's Incorporated reviews

Cash Room Clerk
Cash Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 May 2013
I started working for Brinks In 2009, I had a little girl that was not in daycare and a husband who lost his job due to being laid off. So when i started i learned alot about the aspects of money, being in a security building, having been cleared to work for such a demanding job, i was happy. As the year went on i was trying to do my best with keeping up but with home life, my husband finding a new ft job working almost 50 hours a week and no daycare it was hard so i did end up talking to them and explaining the situation and with hours already being cut back they laid me off in 2010. The business was good, the people were good just management and company background was not the best and once you are in working you realize more and more. I did like working there tho, i took pride in making sure all was right when it came too deliveries and making sure all money added up properly. The hardest part of the job was just knowing how there system was when it came to disbursting the money to different offices, i would have to say the most enjoyable part would have been the co workers, all were down to earth and took me in like there own and helped me learn all that needed to be known about Brinks and how there company worked.
Pros
good people, excellent atomsphere
Cons
management was a little backwards and hard to understands sometimes

Other Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

great learning experience
member of the Cash Logistics Team (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 April 2018
I've learned a lot of things working here such as: how to balance money, how to find counterfeit money, how to teach new employees how to do the job, i even learned how to fix the large money counters when they break down or get jammed, so that the company does not have to spend money to call in a technician to come in to fix it.
Pros
a very friendly invironment
Cons
so far away, too long of a commute.
Excellent career on security field
Armoured Crewman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
Worked for Brinks as an armoured officer for 11 years, am looking at a career in different fields. Very challenging job working and handling high value cash logistics and precious metals.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities