Brink's Incorporated
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 159 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,595 reviews

Had fun working there

Had fun working with my co-workers. like when they had shooting competition and they had banquet after and gave out shooting awards. And that we were

Pros

Home every night

Cons

No cons I like working at brinks was there for 24 years

Dying Company

I worked nights for over ten years and now I have insomnia. Dying company to work for. It will take you over ten years to get full time then you will be required to work nights for the rest of your life.

Pros

Get to carry a firearm

Cons

Incompetent Management

Cash transit is declining rapidly

Cash transit is declining rapidly but the company is creative in finding new markets and goods to transport. Having a good coworker is important. When possible I was the on 4 x10h work week, which was nice.

Pros

40 hours/4 days

Hard to get full time

Worked at brinks for five years, could never get full time, was on an on call basis for 5 years, you had to give them 15 days availability each month, you were never guaranteed to get those 15 days and if you made other arrangements on one of the days and refused a last minute shift, you would be reprimanded.I would not recommend working here unless you have no life and want to be broke all the time.

Pros

You get to carry a firearm

Cons

You never know when you’ll have a shift or full time

Good Place to Work When Busy

Great job for retired ex military with flexible hours. Fortunately for me I am collecting an annuity from my time with the Canadian Armed Forces and I have enough time with Brinks to get job bids that I desire. I have enjoyed my time with Brinks and continue to do so.

Pros

Excellent flexibility and good pay.

Cons

Not enough hours for part time employees and takes quite a long while to progress to full time

Can be fun and family feeling at times.

Can be stressful worrying about safety of co-workers. Management tries to be fair given the amount of work on their plates. Overall enjoyable work environment depending on the branch.

Pros

Decent benefits and pension given today's employment climate.

Cons

Putting your life on the line.

Good Pay, Poor Professional Morals and Ethics

I worked at Brinks for over 10 years and the one thing that I unfortunately learned from working within that Snake Pitt is that you cannot turn your back on ANYONE, because if you disagree about anything, ESPECIALLY the management, then they will most definitely will bite you.

Pros

Good Pay & Benefits

Cons

Everything Else

Watch you back.

Finding the right ear within the Management Team that will listen to your trash is the key to succeed in Edmonton. The bigger the lie the harsher the abuse will only open doors faster I've never witnessed anything so vial or brutal in my entire career.

Pros

Glad to be out of the game, my record and conscience is clear.

Cons

Employees are constantly put in danger because managment will force them to drive an unsafe vehicle.

Fast paced, repetitive and requires common sense

Overall I would say that Brinks was an excellent career choice. It is a seniority based company and trust, safety and repetition are key requirements

Pros

Unionized, good pay, choice of hours

Cons

Work in small space, work outdoors, physically demanding

Hard To Explain

I worked at a Branch in Northern Canada and we had a manager at the best of times was agrivating. The job is EXTREMELY SIMPLE to do, but the drama and infighting between employees and management is so toxic, its hard to remain there for much longer that a year. If you're near big metro's (Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, etc) there are lots of advancement opportunities and there is more career progression and more competent managers. If you apply to small Northern branches, just be aware that it may stupid with the drama and the trucks that you also drive in the North are questionable at best.

Pros

Decent Pay, Some Advancement Opportunities, Benefits

Cons

Long Hours, Branch infighting/drama, incompetent management

Enjoyable to work at, at first

Great job, some great people but like all other places there are a few bad apples and because it’s unionized there is protection from being fired. If you get to management you are accountable for everything with no room for error and are worked harder than they pay. Stay in a worker union role and you’ll be fine

Pros

Decent pay (non management)

Cons

Blame game/easily replaceable

Fun place to work

This is a great company to work with. Like to be around the base. Must of the guys are friendly. Manage by some good people. Happy working for this great managing company.

Pros

Respect ✊

Failing business on clasp of closing

The job is what it is, $7-$8 less for part-time staff doing the exact same job. Upper management is struggling hard and lacking at communicating with their staff. Lots of favouritism towards specific staff, no opportunity to move up, very low possibility of moving into a full-time position. Zero opportunity for extra training or advancing. If you want a dead end job and get under paid for it, this job is perfect for you.

Pros

Opportunity for pick up shifts

Cons

To many to list

Brinks is the right job for me it’s good experience and career

Brinks Canada is currently providing me with the right experience towards my career to become a police officer I never regret working as an armed guard

Pros

Good job and experience

Cons

Risky job

Worse company that I ever worked for

Company was all around a horrible company too work for. They always work under a contracts with low pay and you will work under high stress levels. Company doesn’t care about employees safety or concerns. All they think about is shareholders

Pros

Cons

Quitting

When, I needed advice, it was there. Loved my job.

Loved my job. I didn't complain. Management was good. I didn't mind the hrs. Employees were alright. Loved interacting with the public. Loved the Christmas ornaments.

Pros

Easy work.

Cons

Working with people that wouldn't do there part

You can do it

I enjoyed my time there, after 25yrs, it was time to move on. Met some great people and made some great friends over the years. Great benefits and friendly atmosphere

Allright job depending on your position and what you do.

Been with Brinks for almost 10 years. Work/life balance is based on your lifestyle, don't make plans after work because the end time isn't guaranteed, most full time is **night shift** so if you don't like the idea of working nights then its wise not to take a full time spot if it ever happens. A lot to know about the job but once you know it the job is straight forward and if you have a good partner it can be very enjoyable even at the worst of times.Part time get overtime after 8hrs and can pick their availability on a weekly basis but if they're short staffed management try and pressure you into working when you cannot. Full time schedules are picked in order of seniority and it can take years to move up to a decent schedule because of constant cuts and contract losses. The union CBA is a double edged sword, full time have to take vacation in weekly blocks (which is done in order of seniority), cannot take individual days until you have 4 weeks of vacation which is rare to get to.A lot of truck issues, breaking down, electronics not working sometimes, even security equipment fails at times.Poor communication a lot of times.

Pros

decent pay, benefits (for full time only), some good people and paves the way for other jobs

Cons

part time don't get guaranteed hours or benefits, full time is *NIGHT SHIFT* major impact on social life, poor communication with management/staff, jobs always being cut.

Be patient, work hard and this will pay off!

Certainly not the hardest job I ever had but has worked out quite well for me and some of those working with me.If your looking for a long-term career, this is a great company to invest your life with!I have seen many people deal with life's challenges and the company has treated them right every time.

Pros

Company & brand pride (Brink's Proud)

Cons

Unionized/Seniority based promotions

OOOOOOF size mega

A few employees were nice and made friends with them. Some being downright toxic and abusive, which the management knew about and did next to nothing about.Multiple injuries over the years from work, no compensation. Beginning of carpel tunnel (unavoidable due to constant use of elastics), sprained lumber due to heavy lifting at non-ergonomic environment. Physically filthy, dust coating walls for probably decades (never cleaned in my 7 years), AC at start of summer makes everyone working on-site sick for a week, certainly not cleaned at all.

Pros

good for resume

Cons

almost everything

Ex employee

Under paid for the position, management lays people off no chance of returning if they don’t like you, I have tried to return being fully qualified but not considered at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brink's Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K