Brink's Canada

Working at Brink's Canada: 34 Brink's Canada Reviews

Canada34 reviews

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,655 reviews

No future here

Senior workers get away with doing minimal work while junior and part time workers have to pick up their slack. Management changes unfortunately resulted in loss of work and a general down spiral of the company's future

Pros

Plenty of overtime available

Cons

Poor management

Dying industry made worse by incompetent leadership

I have never seen a more disorganized company. No opportunity for advancement and employees are treated with disrespect by management. Hours are not stable, and overtime cannot be refused, contrary to what you are told. The companies profits and goals are all that matters, how it’s done and how they treat their employees is of no consequence.

Pros

Carry a firearm

Cons

Unstable hours, incompetent management, toxic work environment

Insights into Brink's Canada

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Great co workers

My co workers were great. But management especially at the higher levels are running the company into the ground. The equipment has gotten better over the years and there is semi annual gun range training. Sometimes long hours if your truck breaks down.

Pros

Do your job and go home. Co-workers. Benefits

Cons

No real option for breaks or lunch breaks.

Not for everyone

Do not expect to be paid on time.Favouritism.They do not follow seniority rules.Management does not help out employees with any problems.Supervisors bully employees.Break security protocols

Pros

Quitting

Dying industry ...

There are nice people, but management does not care to the least. Used being an OK company , it was going bad to worse and still going , everyone seems stressed

Not a Great Place To work

The Company had gotten very Toxic. And they are losing contracts every week. The company, is about to under go a big over haul, and a lot of people will be losing their jobs. And the ones that get to stay, are about to get really bad working hours.

Dying business

Great place if you are in the union. However DO NOT ACCEPT A SUPERVISOR OR MANAGEMENT POSITION.Here is why: you will work 5 to 10 hours of unpaid overtime a week.You have to pay for benefits, unlike the union employees, unused sick days are lost unlike the union employees, ON call 24 7, which will result in mental health issues and failed relationships. Work day never ends, unlike union employees who cannot be forced into overtime, regardless of whether their work is complete or not.Called at all hours in the night. Especially on long weekends.When the company wants to save money, they take it from the management employees. Forced to cover union employees' shifts if coverage is not found. Along with completing your regular work.If a union employee works 2 overtime shifts a month, they will make more then a management employee.

Pros

Stay in the union. Management is afraid of them

Cons

Never accept a supervisor or management position.

Becoming obsolete

Not needed in a debit card world. Society is becoming cashless resulting in lack of work and numerous lay offs. I would not recommend as a long term plan

Garbage

Worst run company I have ever worked for. Only thing semi decent is the benefits for health, vision, and medication. Out of my 4 supervisors, one is competent and does thier job.

Cons

I had lots of fun working there there was lots of serious I enjoyed my job very much

I was so glad to get on with Brinks I enjoyed working with them and meeting customers and they had also a lot of benefits they paid for my pension they paid for my CPP I made a Lotta good people most managers are a very good treated you very well they were a very good company to work for I’d recommend it to anybody

Pros

Once in a while

Going under, terrible management

Competition pays more . No chance of moving up, company losing all contracts to competition and laying everyone off. Impossible to get full time with benefits . Lazy management who cars not at all about their employees .

Pros

Free training

Cons

Terrible management

Low pay, no respect, management and employees don’t get along.

No future that industry gets getting smaller. Less cash is being circulated which means less work. ATM machine are also using less service so less work. The future for this type of business will be very small. Most full time positions are replaced by partime.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

No value for employees

Would not recommend this job

Hard to get hours and sustain a living as you will be working days and nights with only 4 days notice of when you work each week. Union doesn't help you and poor work atmosphere.

Pros

Decent wage

Cons

Dangerous road conditions in winter Poor work atmosphere Union does not help you

Good job, ridiculous senior management team

The management team not only micro manage they NANO manage you, and God forbid if you make a mistake. New management twam always want to being their previous teams from previous places rather than entrusting the ones that have been working there.This place is going downhill rather than uphill. If something doesn't change for this particular management team, they will be running everything on their own.Pros: colleagues, the work & flexible hours

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Management team

Dying Company

I worked nights for over ten years and now I have insomnia. Dying company to work for. It will take you over ten years to get full time then you will be required to work nights for the rest of your life.

Pros

Get to carry a firearm

Cons

Incompetent Management

Had fun working there

Had fun working with my co-workers. like when they had shooting competition and they had banquet after and gave out shooting awards. And that we were

Pros

Home every night

Cons

No cons I like working at brinks was there for 24 years

Cash transit is declining rapidly

Cash transit is declining rapidly but the company is creative in finding new markets and goods to transport. Having a good coworker is important. When possible I was the on 4 x10h work week, which was nice.

Pros

40 hours/4 days

Hard to get full time

Worked at brinks for five years, could never get full time, was on an on call basis for 5 years, you had to give them 15 days availability each month, you were never guaranteed to get those 15 days and if you made other arrangements on one of the days and refused a last minute shift, you would be reprimanded.I would not recommend working here unless you have no life and want to be broke all the time.

Pros

You get to carry a firearm

Cons

You never know when you’ll have a shift or full time

Good Place to Work When Busy

Great job for retired ex military with flexible hours. Fortunately for me I am collecting an annuity from my time with the Canadian Armed Forces and I have enough time with Brinks to get job bids that I desire. I have enjoyed my time with Brinks and continue to do so.

Pros

Excellent flexibility and good pay.

Cons

Not enough hours for part time employees and takes quite a long while to progress to full time

Can be fun and family feeling at times.

Can be stressful worrying about safety of co-workers. Management tries to be fair given the amount of work on their plates. Overall enjoyable work environment depending on the branch.

Pros

Decent benefits and pension given today's employment climate.

Cons

Putting your life on the line.

Good Pay, Poor Professional Morals and Ethics

I worked at Brinks for over 10 years and the one thing that I unfortunately learned from working within that Snake Pitt is that you cannot turn your back on ANYONE, because if you disagree about anything, ESPECIALLY the management, then they will most definitely will bite you.

Pros

Good Pay & Benefits

Cons

Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brink's Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement