BrightPath Kids
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Working at BrightPath Kids: Latest BrightPath Kids Reviews

Canada129 reviews

centrechilddirectorparentratiokidstaffteacher

Productive and hardworking like a garden of 🐝 bees

I work in Toronto bright path and still working in Windermere bright.my experience working with both settings is wonderful and I really appreciate the hard work of management specially how they come support when you need help it is like caring and sharing environment where I can send my kid with 100% confidence.Bright path kid is filled with play based joy and fun.therefore,when parents come and appreciates the staff on their hard work It boost our energy level and that application movement gave us more enthusiasm to do better.

Fun office culture and amazing, supportive team

I work on the marketing team at the Toronto office, and the support from coworkers and the Marketing Director is phenomenal. The team is very positive and works so well together.The energy the team brings to the office makes our work so meaningful, and we are a very bonded and close team.Our Marketing Director manages our team so well rally helps bring us together. She works with each of us on our strengths to help us succeed in our roles and helps us figure out where we can learn and improve. She offers such wonderful feedback and is always there to lend a hand. She ensures that everyone on the team has their needs met and that they always feel supported.I previously worked for the company from 2019-2020, then came back from late 2021 to now. One of the main reasons was the support I received from the Marketing Director in my role and the inclusiveness that I felt on the team.The company as a whole is supportive of employees and is always working to make improvements to better people's experiences working on the team.

Pros

Fun monthly get togethers put together by the social commitee, a sense of community and teamwork, great support from coworkers

Cons

N/a

4 July 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It warms our hearts that your experience with us has been so wonderful. We love getting feedback from our employees so that we can ensure they are always feeling welcome and at home with us. We always want each member of our staff to feel like a part of the team and that they are valued. We're so glad you're enjoying your time with us as our Marketing Coordinator, having you back again says a lot about the company culture. Kudos to the Marketing Director for fostering such a supportive environment. Thank you so much again for your lovely review, we really appreciate your support and we love having you as a member of our BrightPath family!

Insights into BrightPath Kids

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Productive and fun workplace that allows for work-life balance

Management and Co-workers have been very helpful and patient. This is my first time working in a professional marketing position and everyone has made me feel so welcome.Everyone gets along with each other. The facilities are great. The marketing team understands the balance between work and having fun within the office which has made my time here very enjoyable. The team has also done amazing in training me in all different aspects of marketing from ads to media management. Overall this has been a great Co-op placement.

4 July 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It warms our hearts to hear that you enjoy working at the Toronto office so much. Our goal is to make BrightPath feel like family to our employees, so we are delighted to hear that you are enjoying working with the marketing team. It would be great if you could come back and work with us full-time. Your work has been outstanding and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Unsupportive

They are unsupportive in the role I was in they did not support me even though I was there almost 30 years. Dud not acknowledge my feelings and put into a mental breakdown and no one cared. They just wanted me to leave but could not fire me so they moved me against my will and made my life horrible until I quit. I sent a detailed email to the head office and never heard back which shows they don't care about their Directors and we are only as good as the money we bring in. They will never stand behind their commitmented staff they would rather treat them horrible then support them.

4 July 2022
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we appreciate the feedback, and regret that your experience with us hasn't been up to the mark. We are sorry to hear that you have left the company with this impression. It is important that all of our employees feel supported and appreciated at work, and cared for; we are saddened to learn that your personal experience has not been in line with this. The Speak Up mailbox provides a direct and anonymous means for you to report any irregularities you observe at work, thereby helping us to launch an investigation promptly. We are sorry that you did not hear back from us, hr@brightpathkids.com is the email ID we use, please feel free to contact us and we look forward to understanding more about your specific situation.

Great corporate culture

Multi-cultural company with highly qualified and skilled people. A company that is looking to constantly grow, and improve and is not afraid of change. Good company benefits and flexible solutions to work on an individual level. Ideal place for young talents to join and learn best practices and processes.

4 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience working with us and for providing us with your feedback. At BrightPath, we take pride in our close-knit, inclusive, and diverse office culture where people feel like family and support each other's successes. We want each member of our team to feel valued, appreciated and included from the moment they begin working with us. Thank you again for your lovely feedback and for all the amazing work that you do, we truly appreciate it.

Toxic workplace

Backstabbing management protecting numero uno. Always. Very toxic an unhealthy environment. Expected to work at home with no pay. Always felt less than and unsupported

20 May 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback. BrightPath is committed to implementing a supportive work environment where employees feel they are able to achieve their goals. We're sorry to hear that your experience wasn't up to our standards. We would like to learn more about the specific situation, please contact hr@brightpathkids.com to leave details. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

High turnover, only care about money

Only care about making money, always low on supplies, was told you could not call in sick, moved to other centres to cover staff in other cities, low pay

Pros

Working with lovely kids

Cons

All of the above

20 May 2022
Thank you for your review, and we regret that your experience with us did not match your expectations. As a fast-growing company, we are certainly facing challenges and would love to get a better understanding of your experience with us. We are always looking to grow and learn. Please feel free to leave details and contact hr@brightpathkids.com

Busy but lots of opportunity

BrightPath has grown a lot since I started, which allows for a lot of upward mobility but it does mean that things are very fast paced and always changing (usually for the good). The location was very convenient and people were friendly - but I wish there were more social things and it was a bit difficult to onboard "digitally" with outsourced IT.

Pros

Lots of Growth, friendly, tuition reimbursement

Cons

Lots of Change, fast-paced, wish there were more social/ fun things

18 November 2021
Thank you so much for your review! We are please you are feeling good about your team and opportunities. We are doing our best to continually improve our processes as we grow and your feedback helps us do that! Let us know more at HR@brightpathkids.com.

Overworked under appreciated

Do not care about anything but moneyMold behind walls under countertop Roofs leak, windows leak No cleaners in 18 months, staff are expected to clean and mop, same mop used for bathroom floor as the floor the kids play onNo worker comp, if you get hurt too bad

Pros

Employment

22 October 2021
Thank you very much for the review. We deeply regret that your experience did not match your expectations with BrightPath Kids Corp. As a company in the childcare industry, we are here to serve our community and we are always learning and we deeply appreciate any feedback which will help us avoid such experiences moving forward. We would love to hear more about your experiences in depth. Please feel free to reach out to hr@brightpathkids.com.

Okay place to work

Not enough materials , if at all are provided for the curriculum. When requesting something for your room or a task only manager could do, it was often forgotten and had to often ask for it to be done. Full time employees are expected to work around other full time employees with P/T jobs outside of BP schedule, thereby not having a lot of flexibility with sharing rotating shifts.The children are amazing and most staff are friendly, but a lot of gossip runs through the centre.Manager is kind but not very dependable.

Pros

Children, some staff are nice

Cons

Lack of materials, lack of support, having to work around staff with part time jobs

22 October 2021
Thank you very much for posting your thoughts. We appreciate the feedback and as a company which is growing and learning at a fast, we would love to discuss the issues in depth. Please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com.

Familes are awesome

I worked there over a year and management was auditted. All the rooms and the staff had to do many fixes to get their rooms up to par. I was given a 2 and half week timeline and pictures that needed to be displayed were given the day before the review date. I had no consistent room partner and relied on my EA who was from outside the center to help me out. I thank god for this EA as she did many roles a partner would have done.Planning time was always interrupted as I was forced to go outside and help gather the children that didn't respond to my sub. I had 4 children who required a EA and I had one EA for 1 child from outside the center. I'd often be alone with all these children who needed a aid plus 6 average children. I had zero issues being listened to and respected by all the children. Management didn't listen to my concerns...instead I was called to the office everytime I took time off. They found something wrong just to punish me for taking time off. The meals were often repeating e.g. rice 4 days in a row or noodles. Bay Leaves were left in soup and this was brought up many times. Management didn't care that these leaves can shred a child's throat causing a 911 call or 1st aid. One child had severe egg allergies yet products with egg were always in the center. This child required medical attention a few times..thank God it was never serious.Management swore in front of children and did a incident report. The reports were hidden so they weren't in disciplined by upper management. My roll as a closer was taken away from me because I didn't apply for the assistant -

Pros

Free Lunch, Benefits

Cons

No support, Lack of planning time, Management to bully

22 October 2021
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we appreciate the feedback, and regret that your experience with us hasn't been up to the mark. We would love to learn more about it and get an in-depth understanding, please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com.

Productive and enjoyable

It is a very good place to work with kids and staff. The staff and directors are very co-operatives and helpful. Flexible hours and no burden of work.

Pros

Free lunch

22 October 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our company is constantly working on our 4 foundations of quality, curriculum, nutrition, our staff, and communication. We want the best for our families that we can provide while giving our educators the tools they need to enhance our children’s learning. At BrightPath we always place the children first and we promote positive environments for our families and staff. We love hearing from our staff and thank you for all you do to make our centres great.

Positive cultural environment

Friendly environment. No regrets at all after 5yrs.Children are happy coming to daycare. Good manager and staff. Have a lot of activities planned for the children

Pros

Easily accessible from my home

Cons

Must be will to be flexible with availability

22 October 2021
Hi there, thank you very much for sharing your experience, and are glad that you had a pleasant time working with us. Please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com, we would love to learn more about your time with us.

Busy and fun

I am working at BrightPath chestermere from last 9 years .Management is very co-operative ,they take good care of the staff and children in care .Food is very healthy and good .Children enjoy coming daily.

22 October 2021
Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback and also, sharing your positive experience with us, we love what we do and when our teachers feel the same way, we consider it a collective win, as the work we do has an impact on the community we live in. Please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com. We would love to hear in-depth about your experience working with BrightPath Kids Corp.

Good place to work but for the work we do taking care of children the salary should be more in my opinion. The people at my location were excellent but this is a very big company, multi layered and in many different cities and countries.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Salary

22 October 2021
Thanks a lot for your feedback, also glad to hear that you had a good time working with the team at BrightPath Kids Corp. We are a company who cares about each and every team member and hearing this helps us maintain those core values. We would love to hear about the salary issue. Please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com.

You get fun times with kids and staff but not the management.

If you’re not happy with the environment and felt un appreciated just leave. That’s why I left! It’s okay to help them with whatever you can help but not okay when they take advantage of you.

Cons

Too much work, not enough materials for activities.

22 October 2021
Hi There, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to hr@brightpathkids.com if you have more details to help us improve. We are currently taking note of all the aspects we can improve and address the issues that accompany a fast growing organization.

Excellent work place

Excellent workplace very nice supervisor and friendly environment. Hot lunch big rooms. Nice outdoor play groundNice place to work. Teachers are very cooperative.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Salary

11 July 2022
Thank you for your review. BrightPath Kids is dedicated to our mission to care for children and families. In order to do this, we strive to create a positive work environment for all our employees. We are grateful for your lovely feedback and for all the hard work you put in. We love hearing from our staff and thank you for all you do to make our centres great.

BrightPath has ruined Peak A Boo

Horrible place to work. Management says they care but only to some degree. Too much asked from staff with no consideration as to how they can get it completed. Very dramatic environment- mostly females. Cliques are a thing. It was not great before Covid but has gotten much worse since reopening.

Pros

The children

Cons

Management, Company policies, Care for staff is very limited

22 October 2021
Thank you for your review, and we regret that your experience with us did not match your expectations. As a fast-growing company , we are certainly facing challenges and would love to get a better understanding of your experience with us. We are always looking to grow and learn. Please feel free to leave details and contact hr@brightpathkids.com

Great place to work at

Management and staff are friendly .. I loved working here. Everyone gets along with each other. Facilities are great. They have an indoor gym perfect for extreme weather conditions, (freezing temperatures or hot weather) when kids are unable to stand cold and hot weather. Meals are prepared daily and they come in variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. Overall, healthy working environment.

22 October 2021

Salary is very low as compared to the amount of work you do

Very low salary. A lot of favouritism. Very stressful job. A lot of politics in the environment. Teachers have to wear uniform. There are no fixed timings.

Not fun at all

Well the worst place I’ve ever work. I’ve never seen so much gossip from supervisor and assistant. You can’t trust any of them. There are lots of one race there and they speak their language all the time. I had to leave because I felt very hurt and scared going to work everyday. Pay was very low. I can go on and on but will end here.

7 July 2022
Hi there, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us about your time as a BrightPath employee. We are so sorry to hear that you felt under-appreciated as one of our employees. As a company, we are committed to fostering a supportive work environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for professional growth and development. We do take concerns regarding favoritism based on one’s race, religion, ethnic background, gender, or any other protected characteristics very seriously. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and how many acts of non-inclusiveness are, quite frankly, unacceptable. We apologize that there were aspects of your employment with us that did not live up to the standard we hold ourselves to here at BrightPath. We want each member of our team to feel valued, appreciated and included from the moment they begin working with us. We would like to learn more about the specific situation, please contact hr@brightpathkids.com to leave details. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightPath Kids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement