Brightpath Kids Employee Reviews

Good Place t Work & learn
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2018
Bright path is Good place to work & learn. Staff and senior staff are helpful and team player. WorkEthics are to core and makes this place good in Child care across canada.
job advancement available for the price of your home life
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
I worked for this company for a long time. I saw in the beginning when it was EDLEUN and was all about the quality and the children. When that management left and hired the now current CEO, the company went down and fast. It became about the money and no longer the quality of the care. Directors were forced to cut staff hours or risk losing their bonus. They were forced to cut back on the cost of the food to a mir $1.70 per child. Again if they went over this it would affect their bonus.
Upper management that did not appreciate their staff. When your manager makes you cry on a daily basis, this is a problem.
Heaven forbid you wear the wrong color pants to work and get yelled at!!!
Pros
competitive wage for management
Cons
decline in health and happiness of home life
very kind staff
on call teacher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2018
i enjoy this job as it is a great working environment and the staff is very kind and welcoming! i am looking for a job with more hours as this is just an on call job.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
The worst place to be
RECE (Former Employee) –  Dixie, ON3 February 2018
The management doesn't care about the staff welfare, there is so much favouritism for the management children over other children. I see it more as a cartel which some staff struggle to belong to for favour. New staff get paid more and their reason is "oh brightpath hired them" Management works hard to discourage employees from joining the union and the majority who doesn't know that union works in favour of employees missed the opportunity. They don't welcome nww staff, frustrate. them out within 2 or 3 weeks. They fire staff easily resulting in a high staff turnover.Finally, they tell you that there is no difference between RECE and ECA here in brightpath. They are so cheap and pay everybody equal $14 per hour. Thanks to the new minimum wage. You need to find a supply staff to work for you before you can take any day off and there are no supply staff because they dont pay well. Don't ever think of going to work for the company even new graduates.
Pros
most parents are nice
Cons
Favouritism for management children
Better options out there
Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2018
Stay away. This company does not care for its staff which is evident in wage and work load demand. The most important part of the job is the children, but head office and management forgot that. It’s not managements fault. They are given a ridiculous expectation from head office. Educators are then required to do the same. The work culture here is not supportive of staff and it comes from upper management. They have town hall mtgs to feel heard, but then nothing changes. There are better places to work for. This ain’t one of them.
Negative, stressful & unhealthy workplace
RECE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 January 2018
Please think twice in considering working for Brightpath. As a staff member, many times you are left at the end of the day feeling lost, unappreciated, and disgruntled by the level of care provided to children and how families are treated. You as an employee are not looked after, and are not provided the proper tools from management and the organization as a whole to ensure success in your position. It is strongly advised that ECE's, even new grads, look elsewhere to gain the experience needed to expand and grow professionally.
Pros
Diverse employees
Cons
Salary, benefits, management, environment, quality, support to staff
Not a good company
ECE Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB3 January 2018
I have worked at cochrane location , even though I loved some coworker, management were extremely unprofessional and unsupportive. I have heard the centre management criticizing the parents or workers in front of other workers, rolling their eyes at the parents or children , special favor to the children of management , and which I found extremely unfair for the other kids. Management here don't love children they do not care about children , workers quit so often that was ridiculous .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management.
Do not recommend
Client (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 December 2017
Staff are seldom heard and can be mistreated by the management. I used to be a client, and in that time, I saw 4 managers come and go in the span of 4 years, staff get criticized by management in front of the clients, staff get fired frequently while new staff can not be retained for more than a few months.
Some of the staff I had the pleasure of getting to know in that time, were frightened about losing their job, or getting called to the office for not meeting the absurd standards to which they had been given.
It is already an extremely low paid job with a high degree of stress as it is, so employees should not have to fear management, instead be able to look to them for moral support.
I was sad to have to leave the staff that I had grown to love over the years, but happy that my children have found a much better place to go.
Pros
Excellent meal plans for the children
Cons
inconsistency and uncaring attitude towards staff
Profit-focused, curriculum doesn't allow child optimal learning, very low pay, few benefits
Child educator (Current Employee) –  MacKenzie Lake, AB24 August 2017
I currently work in mckenzie.
2nd flr supervisor doesn't know how to appreciate & encourage staff.
No paid breaktime.staff has own 1hr break which is unpaid.staff stays there for 9 hrs.
Pros
Most children and their parents are wonderful
Cons
Long hours, unsupportive supervisor, no paid breaktime, no bank hours for casuals, curriculum not supportive of child learning
Terrible Company, Would not send my kids here either
ECE/Asst. Director (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 June 2017
I echo what others have already said:
* head office is clueless about child care and don't care to learn. They frequently cut corners and break ministry regulations (and try to get staff to break them too).

* the company is only worried about money and pleasing
shareholders and this takes precedence over everything, including the safety and health of the children (i.e. force staff to leave for the day even if it means classrooms are significantly over ratio, don't order enough servings of food for each child; allow construction workers in and out of building without vetting them, etc.)

*they rarely provide new equipment or supplies and when they do it's low quality and not developmentally appropriate

* i was encouraged to lie to prospective parents on tours - for instance to tell them we were so full that they needed to take a space months earlier than they needed and start paying right away even when there were several spaces available and one could be held. I never actually lied to parents but my director frequently did and I found this completely amoral.

* staff is treated like dirt - low pay, having to justify every minute of overtime (being in ratio didn't count apparently), being "trained" by people who aren't even ECEs and don't even know the regulations in Ontario, payroll always screwing up, no proper communication from management, never receiving my overtime pay, etc.

I could go on and on about the terrible experiences and things I witnessed at this company. In fact, I reported them to the ministry 3 times while working there and they received citations.
  more... I would never encourage someone to work for these people. It actually was the impetus for me to change careers. I truly feel for employees and families who are duped into business with this place. There may be wonderful people who work in the centres (i know I had some fabulous colleagues) but the company overall is unethical, treats staff (and families) very poorly and does not provide quality child care or a positive place to work. I cannot state this strongly enough.  less
Pros
Wonderful families and children
Cons
Unethical company

Want to know more about Brightpath Kids?

Ask a question
Terrible
Bus Driver - Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB24 May 2017
This is the worst company i have ever worked for. The directors have zero say on anything that happens. I feel like the director and assistant director at my location have never even worked with children. I have a daughter and will not bring her to Brightpath due to the turn over of staff and overall terrible classrooms. They have not purchased new toys for the children in months and some of the classrooms do not even have enough toys/activities for the kids.
Brightpath southwood east former employee calgary alberta
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary albeta18 May 2017
Worst company they do not care about their employees mandatory meetings and no bank tims or overtime. Management is so negative and never much constructive criticism. Management took over two months to get back about holidays and vacations. Staff were constantly either short or over and sent home sometimes without pay. Employees thoughts were always shut down at meetings . Children were only good thing at this place.
Pros
Children
Cons
Managmemt, pay, company as a whole
Unconducive work environment
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Creekside Calgary4 May 2017
Brightpath creekside was one of my worst work experience. They have rascist attributes and are not flexible. They are rigid to positive change and refuse to accept growth feedback. They frustrate new employees who are not of same sect with them. Some of the staff are nice while most are untrustworthy.One specific child educator donot treat children nice under her care. They dismiss Staff that say the truth and condone eye service. There is a problem with that branch of Brightpath. Their work environment is highly unconducive and I do not recommend them for any prospective employee.
Pros
Wonderful children and families
Cons
Deceptive Assistant director and Pretentious Floor Supervisor
Competent and stable company; location to location differences
Centre Director (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
I appreciate BrightPath for the stable company that it is. I have witnessed employees come and go, but the majority that are hard workers are appreciated and compensated accordingly.

Each location has a manager and dependant on that leader's skill sets, the success of families and staff will either be positive or negative.

Work is work. Work hard and see the results. Whine and complain, see the results accordingly.
Pros
stable, good team atmosphere
Cons
ECE'ers are underpaid as it is-it's the field
they were a good place to work for
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB8 March 2017
They were helpful with the hours i needed and when i needed the time off. I had a good relationship with the work place and i liked that they did a lot of family gatherings and events.
Supportive Director and Assistant director
Toddler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 February 2017
The Director and Assistant Director were phenomenal at Brightpath Airdrie. They were open to all concerns and complaint and wonderful to work with on a day to day basis. Head office was always difficult to speak with and members of HR were unapproachable. The only reason I left this job was because of the wrongful dismissal of the Director and Assistant director.
Pros
Director and assistant director
Cons
Unapproachable head office
productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC27 July 2016
I enjoyed working with the other employees. Super friendly work environment. I learned a lot of skills by volunteering here. I would help out by getting the kids ready to out to play and helped with snacks.
Productive work place
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2016
BrightPath Kids is a reputed company, where I got a chance to learn so many things related to kids but pay scale is low as compared to other competitive companies.
Expect Hard work with long hours
Child Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2016
I would say this is a good job for people who are workaholics and love children. I am hired to work 8 hours a day, but average 9. I do get banked time if I am asked to stay late. However, I am rarely allowed to use my banked time.
Pros
Free lunches, bank time, 1 week vacation, benefits.
Cons
Long hours, stressful, heavy workload.
Not a good fit for me.
Executive Assistant and Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario23 September 2015
The beginning of my day commences with reviewing incoming emails and ensuring the CEO's day is outlined for her. I have learned that you do not allow your emotions to rule you; you listen, think and then act, allowing yourself to be professional and emotionally mature in every situation.
Management is the creator of the work environment. In my experience with management, at my current position, they are very self indulged and therefore forget their people and the value they bring. My co-workers are wonderful people and being the Office Manager, I would go the extra mile to help make their day pleasant. The hardest part of my position was not being valued. I pride myself in my abilities and find it extremely difficult to be demeaned and spoke to negatively. I enjoyed my work, especially working on the Sun Life benefits and connecting with co-workers across Canada.
Pros
I have a paying job.
Cons
Not valued. Paying $162.00 month for parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightpath Kids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5