BrightPath Kids Corp Employee Reviews

Definition of Disorganized Stressful Annoyance
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
The company is a disorganized mess with 0 direction to right the ship. The leadership is absolute and total garbage and the only real way to advance within the company is by waiting for the person ahead of you to quit. Do not work here unless you want 0 fulfillment and if you want to be underpaid and overwhelmed. The other pain point is that there is a premium on the benefits plan, FOR A BASIC PLAN.

Work for Kid & Company if you're looking for a job in Child Care.
Pros
9-5, Free Coffee
Cons
Disorganized, Lack of Good Leadership
Amazing Director, Great Staff
Educator (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC16 January 2019
The Director at Brightpath Port Coquitlam North is Amazing. She truly cares for her Staff.Great Team of Staff. I enjoy working here and bringing my little one with me.
Pros
40% discount off of daycare fees for fulltime Employees
Cons
Lack of substitute Teachers
Poor management and Greedy Company
Childcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario6 January 2019
Work here for couple of years and I find out that the management is lack of support with their employees. They treat workers like robots to follow the protocol but the the company itself don’t follow the procedures. They believed to the parents complain rather than the staff. Every move you make feels like someone is watching over you and beware because they will write you up if you make even just a minor mistake. Expect multitasking and over ratio. Staff always complain a lot. Make sure you finish your written reports. More time on paper works than caring the children. I suggest that it’s better to work in private own daycare than a big company like this. Additionally, they also ask you to come even your really sick. Ridiculous hey. I don’t recommend this. Politics in daycare is pretty obvious. To those who apply well enjoy!
Pros
Closed from home
Cons
Poor management and multitasking
They do not value their employees at all
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 December 2018
this review includes the "peekaboo" locations as well
I have worked at 2 locations over a period of 8 years.
They pride themselves on quality child care however they definitely deliver poor quality all around. they are more for making a high profit in their pockets rather than investing in their employees and their centres hence why their turnover rate is so high.

they throw you in a room with 24 kids-half of which may have some sort of developmental/ behavioural needs and then do not provide sufficent support. you were frowned upon/ made to feel guilty every time you have to ask for time off/ call in sick even though you are entitled to time off. ESPECIALLY if you couldn't find a supply to cover your shift. a lot of times i would just show up to work sick because i couldnt find anyone to cover my shift and feared being written up/ scolded by my supervisor who constantly instilled fear in her staff.

good luck if you work in a lower income area, as the parents are rude and disrespectful and act entitled-management does not defend their staff

they pay is a slap in the face. I am a registered early childhood educator and i made $14.35 as of december 2018. The expectations for such little pay is disgusting. the owners do not care about their staff yet expectations are extremly high

-program plan on your own time, no allotted planning time given
- $3 budget per child for extra things
-make sure all paper work is filled out on a daily basis or you will get written up
-make sure sanitization is done everyday or you will be written up ( expected to use bleach in
  more... the classroom even when children are present) this includes cleaning bathrooms at the end of the day-which can only happen once ratio allows ( often times couldnt get done till end of shift)
-must show up 5 minutes (minimum) early to vacuum carpets and set up room before children come
- have to mop at the end of the night -but cant mop while children are present so most of the time you end up mopping at the end of your shift
* they fired our custodian who only came in twice a week at lunch time to clean the bathrooms and hallways so they could save money so now we have to do it

. while full time for 5 years, i qualified for the raise every single year which was usually 33 cents. once i went down to part time for the remainder 3 years they stopped giving me my annual raise. 9 hours/day, lunch is unpaid, 2 1/2 hour staff meetings once a month after 6pm. They constantly make you do mandatory professional development ( usually 8 hours or more that need to be completed on your own time --usually after work or during lunch) yet you could never move up or grow-- which i wouldnt want to do anyways as at my centre, they only paid assistant super. $15 and supervisor $22.

i could keep going but this is getting too long! everything said in the other reviews are 100% true DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOURE DESPERATE & EVEN THEN CONTINUE LOOKING FOR A JOB WHILE YOURE WORKING HERE
Pros
they're always hiring cuz their staff turnover rate is so high ;P
Cons
low paying, only care about putting money in their own pockets, limited opportunity to grow with company
Poor work/home life balance
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 December 2018
9 hour days and a 3 hour mandatory staff meeting every month as well as mandatory cleaning days and other mandatory training. Expect to give up at least one Saturday and a few nights a month along with your regular shift.
Barely enough staff to meet ratio. Often stay late because ratio does not allow you to leave.
Pay is never correct and take multiple pay periods to correct. HR is impossible to get a hold of and never return emails and voicemail is always full.
Pays minimum wage with a government wage enhancement. No raises.
Policy is always changing. Sleep time ratios are not followed, medicine is not locked up, sand not changed, never enough neccesities like gloves or paper towels.
Follows Frog St curiculum which is as far from emergent as you can get.
You have to spend your own money and then are reimbursed for budget money except that reimbursement takes months.
Pros
Nice resources
Cons
Long hours, inconsitent policies
Fun workplace
Out of School Care Staff & Float Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB16 November 2018
I had the pleasure of working at the Stony Plain location and had the best experience. The management was kind, fair and understanding and the rest of the staff was friendly and inviting. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wanted a wonderful work family to be along side with every day.
Pros
Flexible, accomodating hours.
Cons
Sometimes short staffed but what workplace isn't.
It is an ok place to work
Daycare Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 October 2018
The hardest part of my job is being told that parents have complained that I have not been paying more attention to their child. I do enjoy the children and look forward to seeing them each day
exciting but sometimes very stressful
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2018
The staff at my work place are like a family. Every one is enthusiastic about early childhood education. The children are our priority and we equip ourselves by attending different workshops organize by Brightpath. I will suggest that the policy concerning taking time off will be revised
Just don’t
ECE (Former Employee) –  Brightpath23 September 2018
This place is everything terrible about working for a large corporation. They preach to customers that they offer all the best in child care, but beneath the curtain they only care about making the most amount of money possible. This translates to practically caring more about having the minimum amount of staff needed to meet ratio and nothing more ever, making it intensely difficult for directors to ensure the quality of care is meeting standards because they are being forced to align themselves with this priority. Upper management seems to be in place only to seldom appear on site, intimidate talented educators, then leave.
Brightpath is constantly piling more programs and responsibilities on staff and the demands become harder to meet, especially with the issues with minimal staffing. If you expect a competitive wage, keep looking. They will offer you pennies more than a job with much less stress and demands, and will continuously dodge any questions about cost of living increases or adjustments if minimum wage is increasing. Policies are designed to make you feel insignificant, and are becoming increasingly rigid. Prepare to be disciplined if you wear pants that are grey rather than black, or if you dare have a body type that makes it difficult to find loose fitting clothing. You could be the best educator, but heaven forbid the curve of your upper thigh or buttocks not be hiding behind pants shaped like a garbage bag.
In essence, you will rarely if ever receive positive feedback, you may feel body shamed, you will not be paid fairly, the curriculum demands are impossible
  more... to complete over the course of a day, and your hours will be long.
Just don’t.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Company cares more about money, then the children.
ECE (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 September 2018
Your better off anywhere else, because all this company cares about is the money. They don't care about the children or staff. at the rate they are going, they won't last very long.
Pros
Friendly staff and families
Cons
unethical work place
Unfair work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Creekside14 September 2018
Two weeks into a new job as an admin and was told that I had to be let go because I was not working hard enough to BrightPath standards. I was also told that I was not asking the right questions, hence why I was not able to complete any task given to me as an admin. I find it unjust that being hired as an admin, I should not be asked to cover in classrooms, certified or not. If I am covering your classrooms staff for break and planning ect, how do you expect me to complete my tasks for the day? I was expected to know company policies and standards upon hire and was not even given a chance to maybe see how I do the following month, if I still was not upto "standard" as a admin, I get it, let me go, but not after 2 weeks into a job you are not even properly training me for.

I was just used and was paid a low wage, I should have left the first week in, as soon as I started being asked to do jobs other than what I was hired for. I know how daycare companies and directors work, get what you can out of your staff at the lowest cost possible. What would the center have done if I was not level 3 certified and was not allowed to be in ratios? How would you have solved your staff and child ratio issues on a day to day basis then if I was not there to help?

Very upsetting and unfair, but hey, I will find something better. It was not meant to be, that's fine.
Pros
Some staff were nice
Cons
No formal training, low wage, a struggle to ask director questions without getting that feeling that your dumb for asking
A worse workplace with raceizam and bad leadership
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  richmond road calgaaray3 August 2018
they are very bad to give you training. their language is abusing. racism is always there. for example, more of employees are Philippines . so if any one of that make even wrong complaint against than director try to tease you by giving bad jobs and if you survive than they insults you . so you have to leave.
honestly not good place for children not employees. hire you for full time job they told you that you are on casual job or on call.
Pros
salary is ok
Cons
abusing, stressfull job, racizm
The curriculum were excellent .Implementation is just timing.
Child Care Staff 3 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
Parents are kind also the management .Balance in everything .The reason why Ild left becuase I am far from my home..
Registered parents are satisfied with the service of the staff.Orderliness ,cleanliness are observed.
Lessons are executed well at all times in different levels.
Good Place t Work & learn
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2018
Bright path is Good place to work & learn. Staff and senior staff are helpful and team player. WorkEthics are to core and makes this place good in Child care across canada.
Poor leadership
Educator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
True leadership trains others to be successful by supporting and enabling growth opportunities. Corporate leadership here only cares about the pocket book and protecting themselves. There’s no supportive culture for the staff or site management, nor is there any follow through and desire to create long term employees. The turn over rate for site management is ridiculous which says something about the corporate leadership I think. They lead by creating fear in their employees with no consideration of labour laws or employment standards. Don’t waste your time gaining ‘experience’ here unless you want negative experiences.
job advancement available for the price of your home life
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
I worked for this company for a long time. I saw in the beginning when it was EDLEUN and was all about the quality and the children. When that management left and hired the now current CEO, the company went down and fast. It became about the money and no longer the quality of the care. Directors were forced to cut staff hours or risk losing their bonus. They were forced to cut back on the cost of the food to a mir $1.70 per child. Again if they went over this it would affect their bonus.
Upper management that did not appreciate their staff. When your manager makes you cry on a daily basis, this is a problem.
Heaven forbid you wear the wrong color pants to work and get yelled at!!!
Pros
competitive wage for management
Cons
decline in health and happiness of home life
BrightPath employees
Montessori Lead Directress (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ON15 March 2018
More pay needed for the amount of work
Advancement can take years
Management can be unrealistic at times
Child to teacher ratio needs to be readdressed by the government, way too high
Pros
teaching children
Cons
high ratio of teacher to student
I appreciate my job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
I enjoy my job I like it when the children eat my food with big smiles on there faces. I enjoy the my co- workers because they a sensible and mature people.
very kind staff
on call teacher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2018
i enjoy this job as it is a great working environment and the staff is very kind and welcoming! i am looking for a job with more hours as this is just an on call job.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
The worst place to be
RECE (Former Employee) –  Dixie, ON3 February 2018
The management doesn't care about the staff welfare, there is so much favouritism for the management children over other children. I see it more as a cartel which some staff struggle to belong to for favour. New staff get paid more and their reason is "oh brightpath hired them" Management works hard to discourage employees from joining the union and the majority who doesn't know that union works in favour of employees missed the opportunity. They don't welcome nww staff, frustrate. them out within 2 or 3 weeks. They fire staff easily resulting in a high staff turnover.Finally, they tell you that there is no difference between RECE and ECA here in brightpath. They are so cheap and pay everybody equal $14 per hour. Thanks to the new minimum wage. You need to find a supply staff to work for you before you can take any day off and there are no supply staff because they dont pay well. Don't ever think of going to work for the company even new graduates.
Pros
most parents are nice
Cons
Favouritism for management children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightPath Kids Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7