BrightPath Kids Corp Employee Reviews for Early Childhood Early Intervention Coordinator

Makes changes fast and doesnt care about there staff
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2019
I work at a daycare where bright path just bought and they changed everything. They don't respect there employees and all they think about is making money. They told us to change the lightning because it was not bright enough. The walls have to be bare and everything has to be on cork boards. Nothing is at the children's level and we have to document more through this high mama app. They also changed how we get paid with our vacation. Instead of getting our full amount they take it from our hours and just put a percentage on our cheque. so i was short 40 hours and i had rent coming up. We also have to pay for our own cpr which is ridiculous.This is an awful company nobody should work for them its not worth it.
Pros
Cons
no respect for employees
3 July 2019

Hi there, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, and we regret that your expectations were not met with at BrightPath Kids Corp.

Change is hard and when we purchase a child care centre, we want to ensure that the centres are up to the high standards which the staff and families deserve. We invest a lot into our centres, with new furniture, equipment and materials, staff training and overall upgrading of the centre to ensure we have a consistent quality environment for children. The early years of a child's development are very important for their success in the future and we change our centres, curriculum, policies based on the research. Natural environments full of open-ended toys and room which are not overstimulating is the latest research on what is best for children's learning, and we have changed our centres to incorporate these findings, as they optimize the success of all our children. The BP Connect App(HiMama) is a communication system that is very important to our parents. Daily communication, pictures and documenting the child's learning is very important to them. Parents love and appreciate reports on their child's day, pictures of their children play and the application proves invaluable in providing these. Vacation time is managed by the staff. We don't take vacation time away, we pay the vacation dollars on every pay, and employees have the ability to redirect the vacation amount to a separate account so they can use the vacation dollars as they please. We pay out the sick days similarly.

We make every effort to ensure everyone is taken care  more... of and will choose to address challenges through collaboration, please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com, we look forward to hearing more from you.  less

Everyone gets pushed out.
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Ottw25 February 2019
Terrible Center Director and terrible management overall. When I first started there, there was about one or two ECEs per classroom in the four room centre. By the time I had left, I was one of two. In an illegal attempt to meet ratios, I was constantly moved from class to class everyday. More often than not, I would be in one class in the morning, and then a different class in the afternoon. Instead of hiring more qualified ECEs and paying them a little more than a couple of dollars above minimum wage and treating them with some respect, in order to retain them, management stresses everyone out, and then scold at the teachers. Management also require teachers to force every child to nap, and it is not unusual for management to threaten or belittle the children when they do not follow unreasonable orders to constantly sit down. They are toddlers and preschoolers, and we are teachers, but management treats the former like prison convicts and the latter like military grunts.

You also get chastised and scolded at it you take time off for legitimately being sick.

Stay away at all costs. Families and teachers alike.
Pros
Quiet location
Cons
Long hours, rude management, low pay
3 July 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are so sorry to hear that your time with us was not pleasant. Maintaining classroom ratio is a top priority, and following the staff qualifications needed in each classroom as set out by the Child Care and Early Years act of 2014 cam sometimes disrupt classroom consistency, especially when the staff calls in stick, vacation etc. Following licensing guidelines is a must, and we use these to maintain the ratio in the classrooms. We have a Speak Up program for employees to safely and anonymously raise the flag when you feel you have not been treated well by anyone throughout the company. We encourage you to please reach out to hr@brightpathkids.com to leave additional details, as we would love to solve these issues.

Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 February 2019
I have worked for many companies in child care and have to say that my experience has been very positive with this company. Having educational coaches that help you on a regular basis, is such a great asset. Director and assistant director on site is great. they also have Area managers to help support as well.
This is a very professional company and you are treated as such.
There is so many opportunities for advancement and they want you to grow.
The great menu (homemade), The curriculum and support, and the great looking classrooms are such great features of this company.
Every month they have motivation days for us staff and they really go out of their way to make sure you feel appreciated.
Pros
Quality classrooms and support
3 July 2019

Thank you for sharing. It is so great to hear that our company motivation program is being enjoyed by our employees. Our employee satisfaction is very important to us and we want our teams to know that we appreciate their hard work and are deeply thankful for their efforts on a daily basis.

exciting but sometimes very stressful
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2018
The staff at my work place are like a family. Every one is enthusiastic about early childhood education. The children are our priority and we equip ourselves by attending different workshops organize by Brightpath. I will suggest that the policy concerning taking time off will be revised
A worse workplace with raceizam and bad leadership
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  richmond road calgaaray3 August 2018
they are very bad to give you training. their language is abusing. racism is always there. for example, more of employees are Philippines . so if any one of that make even wrong complaint against than director try to tease you by giving bad jobs and if you survive than they insults you . so you have to leave.
honestly not good place for children not employees. hire you for full time job they told you that you are on casual job or on call.
Pros
salary is ok
Cons
abusing, stressfull job, racizm
Good Place t Work & learn
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2018
Bright path is Good place to work & learn. Staff and senior staff are helpful and team player. WorkEthics are to core and makes this place good in Child care across canada.
low salary
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2017
learned about managment.
set up the ration
relive to staff for break or sending them home on time.
multicultural activities
enjoying team building activities
Pros
free luch
Cons
shifts
Fun place to work. Professionally operated
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 August 2016
Professionally run, regular schedule.
Great co workers. Professional chef cooked meals.

Fantastic outdoor activities for children.
Pros
Excellent food
Cons
having to book holidays 1 year in advance