BrightPath Kids Corp Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

It's Good Starting Organization
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2019
If you're looking for an organization to get some experience, this is a good place to start. The senior management is nice and accepting, but do struggle to accept remote work for employees.

The hardest part of the job was having to create infrastructures from scratch for the marketing side.

Working with the agency that was chosen made my life much harder. The creative freedom (to an extent) was a positive, but it took a while to actually receive that. The path for advancement was fairly limited, as they usually looked for external contract workers. The exposure to different areas and departments was useful and integral to my learning within the company.
Pros
Great Salary (compared to Agency standard), Direct Access to Sr Management.
Cons
Acceptance of Modernized Remote Work Practices were limited
19 July 2019

Thank you so much for being part of our team and we hope you are doing well.

Not Worth Your Time!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2019
This organization is an absolute and total mess. For a company that makes as much money as it does, they are extremely slow and manual. If you want to learn the right way don't come here. This is a bad organization to be successful at. The turnover is extremely high, and you only get promoted when the person in front of you leaves.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Old School Approaches and Thoughts
19 July 2019

As we grow we are learning and feedback is extremely valuable to us. I will share your feedback with management.

Don’t waste your time or effort at this place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2019
I was an employee in 2017 and I can’t believe how troublesome the centres are. I was never given any computer training on their “special “ program, and curriculum, frog street. I had zero support from the manager who talks a good game but can’t walk her own talk. One has no job security and the conditions of the centres are the farthest away from play based learning than I have experience at any other centre. The work pace and home life balance was non existent, I often worked a 60 hour week with no overtime pay,.The manager often called me at home after 9 pm because she was so busy through the day, and it could take three days even for that. they will offer you a whole lot of sweet things to get u to take the job and then they will work you until ur half dead, and still criticize something no matter how small. The parents and children were the only thing that kept me getting up at 5:00 am each day to get there. This company was truly one of my most terrible experiences. Don’t waste ur time or ur effort. Terrible staff moral, over worked and under paid, and zero support above or below. I have learned from this experience that when it looks too good to be true it usually is!
Pros
The families and children
Cons
Everything else!
3 July 2019

Thank you for the review, we are sorry to learn that you felt you had no support. BrightPath Kids strives to ensure all the employees are provided with the help they need to professionally success at workplace. We work hard to create and promote work-life balance at the centres. We successfully implemented a staff motivation and recognition program and ask the staff for feedback on what their needs are. We have a training centre, educational coaches, area manager, online learning, Speak Up Line to report concerns, and support in every department for our staff. We regret that you were not able to be directed towards the tools you needed.

Avoid Like The Plague
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2019
This place is an absolute mess, there are mom and pop shops with more organized operations. I would say that the only positive is the salary, the benefits are not good. The company direction is decided by individuals who are EXTREMELY OLD SCHOOL (talking stuck 2 decades ago). Everything is done based of opinion, instead of data and they wonder why they're struggling.

Head my advice and avoid this place at all costs. Your mental and emotional sanity will thank you.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Organization is a total mess
6 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience and we take note of all the issues you have mentioned, we would love to hear more about the issues you have faced. Please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com. We regret that your time with us hasn't met your expectations and would love to work on making it better.

There are Better Options Elsewhere
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2019
I would say that the organization is not well run. Management is stuck in the 90s and quite frankly the culture here is mentally and emotionally draining. The atmosphere in the office is extremely dull, much like being in a funeral home. I will say that my development suffered as a result of being here. There is also no room to grow because it is an operations company you are stagnant till someone quits in which case you're stuck doing their job for the same pay.

If you are choosing between multiple opportunities try to stray far away from this place.
Pros
9-5, Set Hours
Cons
Management is a mess, Unorganized
6 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your thought, we appreciate the feedback and regret that your experience with us hasn't been up to par with your expectations. Please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com as we would love to learn more about the specific issues you have faced during your time with us.

Go Somewhere Else
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2019
I would say that the organization is not well run. Management was unorganized and dated in their beliefs. The atmosphere in the office is like being in a morgue. I regret choosing this place. There are 0 passionate people in the office because everyone is there for the 9-5 to support their families. Go to another company, its just not worth it. You can be happier and more productive
Pros
9-5, set hours
Cons
Senior Management is a mess, Unorganized and Unprofessional
19 July 2019

Thank you for your review and we will share your feedback with our social committee and Management.

I Regret choosing this place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
I would say that the organization is not well run. Management was a little overwhelmed at times and quite frankly the culture here is mentally and emotionally draining. The atmosphere in the office is extremely dull. I will say that my development suffered as a result of being here. There is also no room to grow because it is an operations company you are stuck, till someone quits in which case you're stuck doing their job for the same pay.

Pros
Occasional free Outings
Cons
Overly High Expectations, No room to grow, Very High School like
19 July 2019

Thank you for your review. We regret your experience. As a company we want to ensure that we have a quality environment for our staff and I am sorry your experience wasn't positive. We have a social committee her at Head office that is in charge of activities, birthdays, etc.but maybe we need to do more.

Makes changes fast and doesnt care about there staff
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2019
I work at a daycare where bright path just bought and they changed everything. They don't respect there employees and all they think about is making money. They told us to change the lightning because it was not bright enough. The walls have to be bare and everything has to be on cork boards. Nothing is at the children's level and we have to document more through this high mama app. They also changed how we get paid with our vacation. Instead of getting our full amount they take it from our hours and just put a percentage on our cheque. so i was short 40 hours and i had rent coming up. We also have to pay for our own cpr which is ridiculous.This is an awful company nobody should work for them its not worth it.
Pros
Cons
no respect for employees
3 July 2019

Hi there, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, and we regret that your expectations were not met with at BrightPath Kids Corp.

Change is hard and when we purchase a child care centre, we want to ensure that the centres are up to the high standards which the staff and families deserve. We invest a lot into our centres, with new furniture, equipment and materials, staff training and overall upgrading of the centre to ensure we have a consistent quality environment for children. The early years of a child's development are very important for their success in the future and we change our centres, curriculum, policies based on the research. Natural environments full of open-ended toys and room which are not overstimulating is the latest research on what is best for children's learning, and we have changed our centres to incorporate these findings, as they optimize the success of all our children. The BP Connect App(HiMama) is a communication system that is very important to our parents. Daily communication, pictures and documenting the child's learning is very important to them. Parents love and appreciate reports on their child's day, pictures of their children play and the application proves invaluable in providing these. Vacation time is managed by the staff. We don't take vacation time away, we pay the vacation dollars on every pay, and employees have the ability to redirect the vacation amount to a separate account so they can use the vacation dollars as they please. We pay out the sick days similarly.

We make every effort to ensure everyone is taken care  more... of and will choose to address challenges through collaboration, please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com, we look forward to hearing more from you.  less

Definition of Disorganized Stressful Annoyance
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
The company is a disorganized mess with 0 direction to right the ship. The leadership is absolute and total garbage and the only real way to advance within the company is by waiting for the person ahead of you to quit. Do not work here unless you want 0 fulfillment and if you want to be underpaid and overwhelmed. The other pain point is that there is a premium on the benefits plan, FOR A BASIC PLAN.

Work for Kid & Company if you're looking for a job in Child Care.
Pros
9-5, Free Coffee
Cons
Disorganized, Lack of Good Leadership
3 July 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience and sorry to hear about the challenges you faced. As a rapidly growing company, we certainly have challenges to rise up to. The best way is to learn from the team and their experiences. We would love to hear more from you and any suggestions you may have for us, please feel free to write to us at hr@brightpathkids.com.

BrightPath Kids
PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2015
very very busy position - numerous emails to respond to as well as processing a weekly payroll. People are all wonderful.