BrightPath Kids Corp Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Dynamic environment with opportunity for professional growth!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2019
I have been extremely fortunate to work with some incredibly talented individuals through my time at BrightPath. I do not think I would have had the opportunity for personal and professional growth with many other organizations.
Time for Change
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2019
This company has gone through many evolutions since inception however it continues to get worse instead of better. Upper management is only interested in the bottom line even at the sacrifice of hiring qualified staff to work in the centres as well as not promoting best practices when building new locations.

The company culture is appalling as they do not value staff and instead view everyone as replaceable instead of investing in their employees and helping them grow and develop. There is no room for new ideas and without innovation there is only stagnation. The staff turn over rate is also alarmingly high as they are not able to retain staff due to the culture and the ever declining pay for the same positions.

Until their is a shift in both management and culture I would recommend other Childcare companies over Brightpath.
Pros
The people who try everyday to make Brightpath better
Cons
The workload, lack of work life balance and company culture
Official response from BrightPath Kids Corp
6 June 2019

Thank you for your review, and we regret that your experience with did not match your expectations. As a fast-growing company, we are certainly facing challenges would love to get a better understanding of your experience with us, we are always looking to grow and learn. Please feel free to leave details and contact hr@brightpathkids.com

Childcare Assistant
Child Care Assistant Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2019
Worked here for 1yr but it was in the city so it was a 1hr drive for me because I live out in the country. I enjoyed this daycare because I knew some staff there, worked Monday to Friday and enjoyed working with different ages of children.
Official response from BrightPath Kids Corp
6 June 2019

Hi there, thank you very much for sharing your experience, and are glad that you had a pleasant time working with us. Please feel free to contact hr@brightpathkids.com, we would love to learn more about your time with us.

The curriculum were excellent .Implementation is just timing.
Child Care Staff 3 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
Parents are kind also the management .Balance in everything .The reason why Ild left becuase I am far from my home..
Registered parents are satisfied with the service of the staff.Orderliness ,cleanliness are observed.
Lessons are executed well at all times in different levels.
Good Place t Work & learn
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2018
Bright path is Good place to work & learn. Staff and senior staff are helpful and team player. WorkEthics are to core and makes this place good in Child care across canada.
job advancement available for the price of your home life
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
I worked for this company for a long time. I saw in the beginning when it was EDLEUN and was all about the quality and the children. When that management left and hired the now current CEO, the company went down and fast. It became about the money and no longer the quality of the care. Directors were forced to cut staff hours or risk losing their bonus. They were forced to cut back on the cost of the food to a mir $1.70 per child. Again if they went over this it would affect their bonus.
Upper management that did not appreciate their staff. When your manager makes you cry on a daily basis, this is a problem.
Heaven forbid you wear the wrong color pants to work and get yelled at!!!
Pros
competitive wage for management
Cons
decline in health and happiness of home life
I appreciate my job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
I enjoy my job I like it when the children eat my food with big smiles on there faces. I enjoy the my co- workers because they a sensible and mature people.
very kind staff
on call teacher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2018
i enjoy this job as it is a great working environment and the staff is very kind and welcoming! i am looking for a job with more hours as this is just an on call job.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
Better options out there
Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2018
Stay away. This company does not care for its staff which is evident in wage and work load demand. The most important part of the job is the children, but head office and management forgot that. It’s not managements fault. They are given a ridiculous expectation from head office. Educators are then required to do the same. The work culture here is not supportive of staff and it comes from upper management. They have town hall mtgs to feel heard, but then nothing changes. There are better places to work for. This ain’t one of them.
Childcare is NOT their business
Full Time Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary21 November 2017
The last thing the management of the company cares about it the children. Its concern is enrolment, shareholders and the upper management making their bonuses. The work culture is demoralising. If it weren't for the dedicated center staff who actually does care about the children, I would question what industry this company is in.
Pros
The centre staff
Cons
Management, Treatment of Staff
Memorable workplace for friends and colleagues in Alberta
Child Development Worker/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
I was with Brightpath Acadia Learning Centre for almost three years and I do not have problems with my co workers or colleagues for we had a very good comaraderie and teamwork all the time. The work itself was very stressful and demanding when dealing with different children in various age groups. It really needs more of physical, social-emotional,mental/cognitive and other skills and experiences dealing with them depending on their growth and development as well. Overall,I still love my job and I learned a lot from it that I can apply to my own child,like the training and experiences which you can not get from schooling.
Brightpath southwood east former employee calgary alberta
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary albeta18 May 2017
Worst company they do not care about their employees mandatory meetings and no bank tims or overtime. Management is so negative and never much constructive criticism. Management took over two months to get back about holidays and vacations. Staff were constantly either short or over and sent home sometimes without pay. Employees thoughts were always shut down at meetings . Children were only good thing at this place.
Pros
Children
Cons
Managmemt, pay, company as a whole
Unconducive work environment
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Creekside Calgary4 May 2017
Brightpath creekside was one of my worst work experience. They have rascist attributes and are not flexible. They are rigid to positive change and refuse to accept growth feedback. They frustrate new employees who are not of same sect with them. Some of the staff are nice while most are untrustworthy.One specific child educator donot treat children nice under her care. They dismiss Staff that say the truth and condone eye service. There is a problem with that branch of Brightpath. Their work environment is highly unconducive and I do not recommend them for any prospective employee.
Pros
Wonderful children and families
Cons
Deceptive Assistant director and Pretentious Floor Supervisor
lots of work and underpaid, not appreciated
Billing & Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
Loved the Job and what i was required to do on a daily basis

Very busy but the atmosphere is not a great place a lot of unhappy people
Departments are competitive of one another
CEO is not a very pleasant person and that trickles down
Competent and stable company; location to location differences
Centre Director (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
I appreciate BrightPath for the stable company that it is. I have witnessed employees come and go, but the majority that are hard workers are appreciated and compensated accordingly.

Each location has a manager and dependant on that leader's skill sets, the success of families and staff will either be positive or negative.

Work is work. Work hard and see the results. Whine and complain, see the results accordingly.
Pros
stable, good team atmosphere
Cons
ECE'ers are underpaid as it is-it's the field
low salary
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2017
learned about managment.
set up the ration
relive to staff for break or sending them home on time.
multicultural activities
enjoying team building activities
Pros
free luch
Cons
shifts
Awful!
Room Supervisor/ ECE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2016
Not only was I treated terribly by my supervisors, but the pay was LOUSEY and I believe it's a complete rip off company. I will never work there again as long as I live.
Productive work place
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2016
BrightPath Kids is a reputed company, where I got a chance to learn so many things related to kids but pay scale is low as compared to other competitive companies.
Expect Hard work with long hours
Child Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2016
I would say this is a good job for people who are workaholics and love children. I am hired to work 8 hours a day, but average 9. I do get banked time if I am asked to stay late. However, I am rarely allowed to use my banked time.
Pros
Free lunches, bank time, 1 week vacation, benefits.
Cons
Long hours, stressful, heavy workload.
Hard place to work
Room assistant for a room of (22) children (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 August 2014
My experience with the Bright Path Centre I was at wasn't good because my director did everything in her power to make me quit afeter she hired me. However my sister works at a different Bright Path Center and is happy there except she can not get time off easliy for appointments or being sick or taking a personal day.
I have found that the rutine is great and the staff try hard for the kids and are wonderful to eachother. The directors do not treat the staff equaly and some times not respectfuly. The hardest part of the job for me was that I kept loosing my voice. A typical day for me was a little different then the rest of the center because I worked in OCS, I would get breakfast for the children when I got there and greet them as they arrived between 7-8, then I would drive the first group of kids to school on the bus, when back the second group would be done breakfast and almost ready to walk to school, then my partner and I would clean the room and go for a 3 hr break, when back one of us would pick up the ecs kids from school and the other helps in the other room for breaks, then I take the bus to pick up the school kids while my partner picks up the walking kids then we eat snack and play in centers help with homework and have outside time until parents come.
Pros
great work with kids
Cons
un fair managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightPath Kids Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7