BrightPath Kids Corp

BrightPath Kids Corp Employee Reviews

Canada109 reviews
Working For BrightPath In Cochrane Alberta
Working with the children is the highlight to this job. The children make the days enjoyable. However, seeing as i had no child care experience, i was given no training and was directly put into the room , I was not shown around as to where i should get the things I need. As it is illegal to be out of Ratio, you have to contact management to be able to use the washroom. In my experience i was either not able to get ahold of management at all, or would wait 2 hours to have them say they forgot about it. They are regularly short staffed meaning if you have an emergency and are unable to show up for work, ,management would question your reasoning and threaten for disciplinary action. If someone was to call in sick, management would talk poorly about said person to other employees. A fear for many was what management was saying to their coworkers about them behind their back. When we would ask for more food for the children management would refuse it to us. If you are working for Brightpath they give you 1 hour for planning and then expect you to take the work home and complete it unpaid. If you did not have the planning for the next week completed, rather than management having a conversation with you they would post a note on the public schedule for all employees to see with writing that stated what you were missing and a statement that read "This is your Job".

This was my honest experience, I do believe I would have enjoyed my time at brightpath if there had been more support from management to its employees.
Pros
Free Meals, Wonderful Children, Space for Creativity
Cons
long hours, fast paced, hard to get a bathroom break
Nice place to work
A nice place to work and grow. There is room for growth and coworkers are very proffessional yet friendly when relating.
There are also various opportunities to upgrade your knowledge with shared online resources.
Unequal pay for same job and bonus for supervisors for filling rooms
No matter the amount of children with special needs in a class a supervisor will fill the room to capacity and get a bonus for it while there is no help offered to the ECE's in the room never mind a bonus for them! They pay people differently for same job, with same education. New ECE's hired for more money than ECE's already working there with way more experience. Totally awful place to work.
Pros
I would say free small lunches but often not enough food for the children
Cons
management
Great Place to Grow
Great Team, Great Families, Great Centres. Not a pace to work for lazy people because we are always fully engaged with our children. As a staff member i respect the quality and level of professionalism expected but to many people i have seen just want a job and are there. We need passionate nurturing staff that are there for the children.
Pros
great food, great co-workers, great director
Cons
challenging behaviours adult and child
Leader in the industry
Brightpath provides quality programs that are constantly evolving and updating to meet the needs of the families. Very collaborative between staff and management and education coach to create an outstanding environment for learning and growing as an employee.
The work environment everyone wants to be a part of
I can honestly say that BrightPath Head Office Calgary has the best work place culture I have ever have had the pleasure of being employed in. The company has a collaborative approach among its management and employees, and we work as a team across every department.

Management has helped me progress in my role by setting attainable goals that I can feel proud of, they are always there when you need to ask a question and care about your success. My direct team mates are just as helpful. While my position specifically is fast-paced and busy, the office is a relaxed environment where we support each other and truly enjoy our days. Highly recommend!
My best decision to work with Bright path
Many opportunities to grow.
Teamwork and support

Great environment to work

Lots of Training to employees *********************************************
A place where you feel welcome! Great Supervisor and co-workers!
Brightpath Sheldon Drive is a great place to work. I have an open and easy access to my supervisor, fact that is very important to me. My supervisor is always helpful and understandable, always ready to discuss ideas and always available and supportive. I also have constant feedback about my work. My co-workers are friendly and respectful. It is a place where I feel welcome and comfortable, a place that is teaching me a lot and helping me to improve my skills and career.
Wouldnt recommend becoming an employee
Not recommended for employment! Also Not recommended for childcare either. (Ottawa Ontario locations) No other description is needed other then that!.
learn how to manage multitasks at workplace and children with diffetent interests and needs
During my placement, I have learnt a lot of skills. the initial phase of my placement was challenging for me because I had a lot of responsibilities towars children as well as the staff members of the day care. I started to make the good relationships with the children. . I tried to observe the children to know the intersets, needs and challenges. By the end of placement, I learnt to organise the activities for childen with different interests and needs.
Financial Analyst
Well their mantra is to pay the minimum and then make their employees work like crazy. You learn a lot because you have to do 3 people work. Wage is way lower than industry average while work is complex.
Pros
Get a break in industry
Cons
Lower pay, no flexibility, bad management
Great place for professional advancement
Professional place to work.as a childcare educator. The best curriculum so far that i've seen for over 10 years that i'm on childcare industry. They provide a very healthy, well balance and freshly made from scratch food for children everyday.
Best Childcare Job Out There
I currently cook at a centre for BrightPath and love my job. I dreamed of working with kids while using my culinary degree and couldn't be happier. Management is honest, fair, and knowledgable but always admits room for growth. I get to learn from dedicated staff and have so many options to move up when I choose I'm ready to leave my current placement.
Excellent
I am very happy to work with Bright Path. Love the environment. Top management is very accessible and positive. My supervisor is super easy going. She always makes us laugh.
An amazing place
I had my practicum at BrightPath. I was impressed with inside culture of the relationship teachers and children. In the short time of my employment at the company i have learn and improved my behavior guidance strategies.
Great Atmosphere, Great People, Great Experiance
I have been working for BrightPath Chestermere for a year and yes it is hard work, there are longer days then others but it is all worth it. The Teachers are amazing, they are supportive of each other and friendly. The Management staff at the center is super, since i have been here the Director has changed and has made a world of a difference in morale, in atmosphere, in training, in facility. Parents and children are amazing. I would recommend this place to anyone. We under go training and staff meetings to keep us safe as well as the children we work with. They are dedicated to making sure we are current and that all staff know what to do in all situations.
fun activies
teachers are good doing actives with the children and very kind. They us to move children around a lot but they have gotten better.
staff are always in and then out, teachers move around and leave.
You could learn a lot from the company
The only benefit is that you learn a lot in a short period of time. Why? well because you're meant to do five jobs all at once. Once someone leaves you are given their job tasks. Your tasks are also there but you also have other people's tasks. No wage increase, no title change. Management is very manipulative and encourages talking bad about coworkers. I feel as though they also do not know anything about what is actually going on. Day to day tasks are unfamiliar to them and they will ask questions that will confuse you. I once stayed for 12 hours, 3 days straight. I wasn't applauded or even recognized for the extra work I was putting in rather I was questioned as to why some of my tasks were not fully complete.

Also while I was there, there was a constant talk about how the CEO was just awful. People would whisper about how everything should be perfect or else she would get angry. There wasn't any positive talk about the CEO from all levels. Everyone would talk about how she was a pain to work with, and people would avoid interacting with her. Initially I didn't understand as to why this was. All my meetings with her with generally positive. I later understood. She went through 3 executive assistants in the span of 3 months. The fear that she imposed on her upper management team trickled down to lower employees. Basic improvements to processes were discouraged because upper management didn't understand it and would have a tough time explaining it to the CEO. She would stress and get involved in minor matters. This constant micromanaging and meddling would bring the office
 - more...
A company that wants you to become a robot
There is no fun allowed at this work place, you are not allowed to be creative with program planning... if you get programming time which barely happens. Poor management communication to staff. Low pay for the amount of strenuous work done. Not worth it at all
Excellent Support of Management
BrightPath Airdrie team is highly qualified and responsible team. Thje teamwork and their dedication is amazing. The management is supper supportive and very comfortable to work. Montessori program teacher is a great mentor and knowledgeable. There are many benefits to work with BP as they provide many opportunities to grow. Lots of support from education Coaches and Area Managers. The center is full and job security is assured.No issues of Parking for educators. The families of this location are so nice and friendly. The educators enjoy comimng to work and participate in many events together.
Hardest part of the job
Having to keep up with all the reports, and activities while engaging with children. Times can be frustrating, however the day usually goes pretty fast, but you sometimes dont have enough time in the day to get everything done that needs to be done by certain times
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightPath Kids Corp. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7