BrightPath Kids Corp Employee Reviews

Time for Change
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2019
This company has gone through many evolutions since inception however it continues to get worse instead of better. Upper management is only interested in the bottom line even at the sacrifice of hiring qualified staff to work in the centres as well as not promoting best practices when building new locations.

The company culture is appalling as they do not value staff and instead view everyone as replaceable instead of investing in their employees and helping them grow and develop. There is no room for new ideas and without innovation there is only stagnation. The staff turn over rate is also alarmingly high as they are not able to retain staff due to the culture and the ever declining pay for the same positions.

Until their is a shift in both management and culture I would recommend other Childcare companies over Brightpath.
Pros
The people who try everyday to make Brightpath better
Cons
The workload, lack of work life balance and company culture
Bad bad management
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chestermere, AB25 April 2019
This place has the worst management every! The teachers and care takers are amazing! But the upper management is the worst! It is their way or the highway! Run for the hills don't get involved with this place it is nightmare waiting to crash!
Pros
The teachers and care takers are amazing!
Cons
Worst management ever!
Avoid Like The Plague
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2019
This place is an absolute mess, there are mom and pop shops with more organized operations. I would say that the only positive is the salary, the benefits are not good. The company direction is decided by individuals who are EXTREMELY OLD SCHOOL (talking stuck 2 decades ago). Everything is done based of opinion, instead of data and they wonder why they're struggling.

Head my advice and avoid this place at all costs. Your mental and emotional sanity will thank you.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Organization is a total mess
There are Better Options Elsewhere
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2019
I would say that the organization is not well run. Management is stuck in the 90s and quite frankly the culture here is mentally and emotionally draining. The atmosphere in the office is extremely dull, much like being in a funeral home. I will say that my development suffered as a result of being here. There is also no room to grow because it is an operations company you are stagnant till someone quits in which case you're stuck doing their job for the same pay.

If you are choosing between multiple opportunities try to stray far away from this place.
Pros
9-5, Set Hours
Cons
Management is a mess, Unorganized
Childcare Assistant
Child Care Assistant Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2019
Worked here for 1yr but it was in the city so it was a 1hr drive for me because I live out in the country. I enjoyed this daycare because I knew some staff there, worked Monday to Friday and enjoyed working with different ages of children.
Terrible company
Teacher (Former Employee) –  AB12 February 2019
I worked for this company for nearly 2 years, it was by far the worst Childcare centre I have ever worked for. They send staff home early and the wages saved by sending staff early are allocated towards a director bonus.
The educators are 100% underpaid and its nearly impossible to move up in the company. Once of the regional managers is completely arrogant and treats employees like garbage in front of other teachers, parents, and children.
The company as a whole has no interest in the children attending the centres, all they care about is making a profit at the cost of everyone else.
The company also has no respect for its educators. They give you sick time as a package but never let you actually use it, and to take a time off (even for a funeral) is like pulling teeth no matter how much advanced notice you give.

Honestly, don't waste your time with this company. There are so many better companies to work for that will actually provide you with growth opportunities and support!
Im only giving them a one because you have to leave a minimum rating.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely no regard for the wellbeing of their staff
Fun workplace
Out of School Care Staff & Float Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB16 November 2018
I had the pleasure of working at the Stony Plain location and had the best experience. The management was kind, fair and understanding and the rest of the staff was friendly and inviting. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wanted a wonderful work family to be along side with every day.
Pros
Flexible, accomodating hours.
Cons
Sometimes short staffed but what workplace isn't.
exciting but sometimes very stressful
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2018
The staff at my work place are like a family. Every one is enthusiastic about early childhood education. The children are our priority and we equip ourselves by attending different workshops organize by Brightpath. I will suggest that the policy concerning taking time off will be revised
The curriculum were excellent .Implementation is just timing.
Child Care Staff 3 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
Parents are kind also the management .Balance in everything .The reason why Ild left becuase I am far from my home..
Registered parents are satisfied with the service of the staff.Orderliness ,cleanliness are observed.
Lessons are executed well at all times in different levels.
BrightPath employees
Montessori Lead Directress (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ON15 March 2018
More pay needed for the amount of work
Advancement can take years
Management can be unrealistic at times
Child to teacher ratio needs to be readdressed by the government, way too high
Pros
teaching children
Cons
high ratio of teacher to student
busy and fun place to work
Infant Toddler Lead Educator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2018
Brightpath has given me so many opportunities...i enjoy working with the employees, management team and children and their families! I feel like i am at a company that respects their employees and values them.
Pros
Amazing Centre Director
Cons
uniform dress code
Childcare is NOT their business
Full Time Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary21 November 2017
The last thing the management of the company cares about it the children. Its concern is enrolment, shareholders and the upper management making their bonuses. The work culture is demoralising. If it weren't for the dedicated center staff who actually does care about the children, I would question what industry this company is in.
Pros
The centre staff
Cons
Management, Treatment of Staff
Fun place to work
Childcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
Great family environment. Everyone who works there is close to one another and they all genuinely care. The kids are great, the program is fantastic and frankly I loved working there.
Pros
Great Environment
Growing Company at employees expense
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
Never-ending tasks
overworked employees
management is understanding, but nothing is done about it
profit is number one priority
Good Daycare Provider
Fun to work in. Nice childcare centre
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Chestermere, AB9 June 2017
Working with children is always my passion. I come to my work everyday with enthusiasm. The children in the toddlers room where I am assign are always happy to see me welcoming them when they are drop off by their parents.
All my co- workers are good and we have good camaraderie. The only thing I don't like is being treated unprofessionally by the superiors. This makes me feel discourage.
Memorable workplace for friends and colleagues in Alberta
Child Development Worker/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
I was with Brightpath Acadia Learning Centre for almost three years and I do not have problems with my co workers or colleagues for we had a very good comaraderie and teamwork all the time. The work itself was very stressful and demanding when dealing with different children in various age groups. It really needs more of physical, social-emotional,mental/cognitive and other skills and experiences dealing with them depending on their growth and development as well. Overall,I still love my job and I learned a lot from it that I can apply to my own child,like the training and experiences which you can not get from schooling.
lots of work and underpaid, not appreciated
Billing & Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
Loved the Job and what i was required to do on a daily basis

Very busy but the atmosphere is not a great place a lot of unhappy people
Departments are competitive of one another
CEO is not a very pleasant person and that trickles down
fast working enviroment
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB20 March 2017
kids are great to work with, wage was hard to deal with very under paid for the work load was very unfair and not looking to give raises out all all...woman acted very childish and in a unprofessional and personal information of the works were talk abount and shared with other imployes.
Pros
wonderful kids
Cons
unporfessional
low salary
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2017
learned about managment.
set up the ration
relive to staff for break or sending them home on time.
multicultural activities
enjoying team building activities
Pros
free luch
Cons
shifts
Fun place to work. Professionally operated
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 August 2016
Professionally run, regular schedule.
Great co workers. Professional chef cooked meals.

Fantastic outdoor activities for children.
Pros
Excellent food
Cons
having to book holidays 1 year in advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightPath Kids Corp. Our community is ready to answer.