Bright Start Academy Employee Reviews

Review
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO6 January 2019
I was an Assistant Director/ Program Administrator. I worked at a center in the mid Missouri area. I got to know many wonderful families and children.
Typical Daycare
Toddler Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MO3 January 2019
My typical day here at Bright Start involves taking care of a Toddler classroom. My jobs included feeding, changing, teaching, and demonstrating through the time each child is there.
work enviroment
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO12 July 2018
While working at Bright Start, the work environment was always fun and uplifting. Elley was a great to work for. The staff was knowledgeable and worked really hard at providing best practice and quality care.
Great place to work if you like being mistreated.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, Mo30 June 2018
Over worked, underpaid, not appreciated, lack of management from owners, I do NOT recommend working here unless you enjoy being yelled at for things that happened after you had left for the work day.
Pros
Loved the relationships built with children and families
Cons
No paid sick days, high turnover, poor management
A fun place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MO14 June 2018
Very nice building with nice people. They are flexible with scheduling and time off. Keep up with what needs to be done and. The center has a positive and fun atmosphere and it offers many opportunities for creative freedom.
Somewhere to go if you want 10 hours a week
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO26 May 2018
Great staff poor hours. Would recommend finding a different job if you want somewhere you will have definite hours. Hours depend on how many students they predicted coming to school that week
great daycare
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MO11 May 2018
In general Bright Start is a good place to work. They have several locations. The owners are very nice and are active at every location they have. Very flexible work schedule
Pros
lots of locations
Cons
Worst experience I have ever had in employment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO25 April 2018
I left a really great job to be a lead teacher at BSA, thinking I would be happier.. I was WRONG. This turned out to be the worst employment experience ever. The management is HORRIBLE and not helpful at all. I could ask for supplies or help with a student when they were out of control, and they acted like they just didn't care at all. I would never suggest anyone work here or take their child there.
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Horrible management
Great staff, Horrible Owners
Pre-Kindergarten Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO9 April 2018
the staff has always been hardworking and caring, but the previous management was degrading. The owners only care about the bottom line and now the people who keep their business going.
Love of children
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA27 January 2018
The kids learn about their teachers and the kids love their teachers. Staff all gets along. Management takes on great roles. Snack is provided and commuication from teacher to parent is excellent
Pros
friendships, bonds, snacks provided
Relaxed place to work
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tunica, MS12 January 2018
I like the daycare but I honestly feel like I'm not getting paid enough at the job ,maybe the pay will go up as we get kids but other than that the job is very relaxing .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
1 hour break
Disrespectful management
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO28 December 2017
Great place to send your children but terrible place to work. Management is not helpful and will ignore requests for help and supplies. Not helpful when sick or even in hospital. When challenging children are present they do not provide help or assistance. I loved my children and put in many unpaid hours into lesson planning and buying things with my own money. After over a year of working there and putting in everything I had, management was bad mouthing me to other staff and sent a staff wide email bashing me. Do not treat staff with respect.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
Bright Start is a good place to work.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bright Start Academy, O'Fallon8 November 2017
BSA is one of the best preschools that I have come in contact with. The management does their best to accommodate employee's requests for days off, supplies and support.
Pros
state rules are followed
Cons
scheduling enough teachers is sometimes a challenge
Great parents, suffering management
Co-teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO31 August 2017
Bright Start has many positive fun employees and lots of happy and caring parents. It is a safe and clean environment. The staff are underappreciated and the management has greatly suffered.
Love my job!
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MO29 August 2017
Any job that requires you to take care of children is going to be challenging, but that is why I love it! I love to see their faces light up and to see them smiling each day. My director really does care about me even outside of work and helps me to be the best teacher I can be. I love the other teachers I work with and the parents are really nice.
Pros
fun environment, good childcare discounts, clean
Teachable Moments
LEAD TEACHER INFANTS/TODDLERS (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MO18 August 2017
You become a teacher to teach the children how to become more independent, as well as showing them how to write, spell and use the bathroom, as well as sharing with others during play time
Pros
Get to see children's face Light up
Cons
Didnt Pay Enough
GREAT workplace!
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MO8 June 2017
I really love my job. Every day is fun and rewarding. The Director and Assistant truly care about the needs of the staff and children. They require double the amount of training for teachers than other preschools, which I think is good. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a job or for a childcare center.
It is a fun inviting loving preschool who the teachers goal is to watch their students grow
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RI15 May 2017
The teachers goals are to watch their students grow and get the best learning they can get and prepare them enough to enter kindergarten. They do everything possible to make the children's day happy and satisfied.
Productive and fun work place with kids.
CO-LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO24 August 2016
We taught prek skills to the 4's and 5's. All the teachers worked as a team. The management was great about training the teachers and any questions we had and helping out in the classrooms.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
expensive health care
Caring enivoment
Assistant teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MO22 August 2016
Caring, loving center with great educational program for children, Hard workers ready to handle anything thrown their way.
The hardest part of the job was how many kids were in each room at once per worker. It was all state ratios just hard with so many kids and not enough hards per child,