Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and fast pace
Production Process Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA17 April 2018
I loved my job! The company closed down and relocated. I learned a lot the 5 years I was there. The managers were very understanding and enjoyed teaching me things I wanted to know.
Cultura da empresa x gerência
Analista de Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Araucária, PR9 April 2018
Algumas gerências da empresa não agem de acordo com a cultura que a empresa tenta pregar.
Funcionário não é valorizado e sem reconhecimento dentro.
Oportunidades não aparecem.
It is a very stressful environment.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Munnsville, NY3 April 2018
I am not a fan of my work place. I make conversation with my coworkers. I feel like I work around a bunch of grown children. My floor boss is not the nicest guy. He doesn’t know how to approach someone when he is mad at them. Everyone is each other’s business. Nothing is personal. It seems impossible to breathe and catch a break for a moment
Product lines
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI2 April 2018
Stressful work days fixing management mistakes. Trying to manage lines to keep running while trying to find work parts. Best part of the day was when it was time to leave.
Great if you are from Milwaukee!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI28 March 2018
Top management does not understand the marketplace and does not listen to those in the company who do. It's all about who you know at this company. If you aren't from Milwaukee, you are considered expendable and stupid.

Some poor managers are simply moved from one division to another rather than getting rid of them, while they let go the good managers to make room for the good old boys. No loyalty
It's a nice job I like it
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI28 March 2018
It's a easy job,the supervisors are fair and not too hard on the employees and they like to help out make sure we are doing our job and doing it right
Pros
Two breaks throughout the work day
Cons
Coming home sore
No advancement options
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI26 March 2018
You work 40 hours a week most weeks. Managers don't allow for you to work overtime. Unless you fall into a click you have no chance of advancing in the company even if you have experience. Non company hires are hired first versus allowing a current employee to advance in the company.
Pros
40 hour work week and decent benefits
Cons
No overtime, no advancement opportunities and lack of training
They don't really have fun places in this company,would have been great to have.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA22 March 2018
Briggs and Stratton is a great job,its just going through the managers trying to make the place better pressuring the wrong employees,will give u a harder and more difficult job environment.
Pros
Holidays free lunch
Cons
Two fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute break.
Not good.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI21 March 2018
It’s not what I expected at all. They’re so strict on attendance they think you don’t have a life out of work basically, you have to let the lead know where you’re going 24/7 but I don’t need permission from another adult. Your breaks aren’t really the real timing they give you they expect you to be at your work area 5 mins early or even earlier. It’s loud, dirty, & it’s a heavy job. The forklifters drive recklessly without honking their horns I mean we got ear plugs in at least honk your horns! The job I was doing was not even worth the pay they were offering me.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, very strict, loud, dirty, & low pay
Poor place to work
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Munnsville, NY15 March 2018
Overall a lot of people do things there not supposed to and those that go above and beyond are not recognized.so if your looking for a career look elsewhere
productive repetitive
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA14 March 2018
everyday the pace is slow. and i learned a lot of technician skills the management can be sometimes to harsh, the most difficult skill about the job is the slow pace how tired you get
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Great place for life experiences.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI8 March 2018
Briggs and Stratton was a great job. The employees were great the culture and vibe in there was just happy. They put you somewhere that would benefit you and they are very helpful.
Pros
Vending Machine
Cons
Point System
Fun fun fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA18 February 2018
They was very compassionate about their employees they did what they could to help u meet the qouta that we had to haveand that what made me love the job . Offer better opportunity u can always learn different positions in the work place.
It was ok
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WI15 February 2018
I liked the atmosphere at Briggs but they are not trying to hire you after so many hours and at the Burleigh location I broke a record om a hoist and got laid off 2/weeks later lol.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Dont wamt to hire
Fast Pace Environment
Assembly Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI4 February 2018
A typical day working here was always nice for many reasons. I did enjoy working here because of the strong leadership that we had. I also love the fact that my colleagues was also very teamwork oriented.
Pros
Advancement Oppurtunies
productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AL30 January 2018
i was a temp worker. i didn't get to enjoy many of the luxuries of being a full-time employee. it was a pretty cool job and if i was to move back a little closer i would definitely make it my business to try and go back as an employee.
Pros
8 hours
Cons
short breaks
What a dump!!!
Powder Coater (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NE28 January 2018
This place only cares about it's money. They overworked us. Berely got any bonuses. For us part time trying to get full time they treated bad. Overworked us and we never got compensated.
Good
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO26 January 2018
It's a very fast paced job on the assembly line but it's a good place to work if you are in need of a job it's a very clean place as well good people and decent pay
fairly good place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Munnsville, NY24 January 2018
if you could stand on your feet for 8 hours straight for 40 hours a week and could deal with the quick pace and a bunch of intellectual people go for it
Pros
good people to work around
Cons
management stinks though need better management
This job we made mowers and was able to learn alot of different jobs and love the team work
Built lawn mowers and lean different jobs (Former Employee) –  Newbern, TN24 January 2018
Loved this job got to learn different kinds of jobs and work around alot of great people and different perspective jobs was offer to learn the bosses we're great
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Breaks we're ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Briggs & Stratton Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.