Bridgewater College Employee Reviews

terrible pay and work culture
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA29 May 2019
Absolutely terrible. Management is rude and doesnt care about students. Claim to be open to students but will do nothing about complaints. You will be forced to cram ideology down students throats and be harrassed if you dare have a different opinion from the administration.
A very sit down, shut up, and do exactly as I say culture, even when it is bad for the students.
Pros
nothing
Cons
terrible management, bullying culture
Great teams
Varied roles (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset8 April 2019
The management culture changed for the worst under new senior management. Lots of stress and bullying culture. Management need retraining and to be far more supportive and forget the blame culture.
Pros
Varied role
Cons
Bullying culture
exellent colledge
Body Shop Manager/Trainer/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater20 February 2019
This was one of the best places I ever worked in....the automotive sector was very forward thinking and did all the right things...the staff were great and some of the management were really top class...but like all places you do have good and bad with everything....my summing up would be a recomendation
Campus Job
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA11 February 2019
I worked in the telecommunications department as a student as well as wrote for the school paper. If you love the country then bridgewater has plenty to offer.
Pros
Beautiful Scenery
Cons
Not much night life.
Productive and fun to work
Sport and Exercise Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset13 January 2019
1) A typical day would include teaching six different lectures relating to Sport and exercise Science. Marking assignments, lesson plans and meeting set targets would also be included on a typical day at work.

2) I learned how to be as productive as possible when planning and delivering lessons.

3) the workplace was amazing, with amazing staff who should me great support on anything that I needed. it was a very friendly, fun yet professional place to work.

4) The hardest part of the job was the traveling for me.

5) I loved the lecturing side, and challenging my teaching ability on a regular basis.
Pros
the helpfullness and friendliness of the staff
Cons
travelling
It wasnt a good place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Eastaboga, AL3 January 2019
The people was treated so unfairly and was always negative actions going on everyday.
People would just walk all over others and was just so disrespectful to one another.
Pros
had to by your lunch or bring your own.
Cons
10 mins and 30 min lunch
Awful bullied and unsupported
Too scared to say (Current Employee) –  Too scared to say18 December 2018
Dreadful culture of bullying from department Head. Complete lack of support from senior management and HR. Appalling treatment of staff. Lack of care for students. Only interested in funding associated with students. Unprofessional and uncaring. Worst career experience I have had. Unbelievable that Ofsted haven't inspected, definitely NOT an outstanding college.
Pros
Individual staff doing an amazing job despite bullying from management
Cons
Everything. No care, no support, bullying culture
Overall Review
Reporter/Radio Personality-Internship (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, Va11 December 2018
I feel like Bridgewater College need to reach out more to the African American students and seek more internships while in school. Then they will have a better chance of getting a job after graduation. I am still looking for a full-time decease paying job to pay my student loans and to live outside of my parents house.
Pros
They have a varieties of sports.
Cons
We had to pay to park while attending the college..tuition was expensive enough.
Positive work place
Inspect Head & Arm Rest (Current Employee) –  Eastaboga, AL15 October 2018
I loved working there but i work through a 3rd party staffing company .. Seasonal job really but it's a cool & layed back environment it's all lovr there!!
Pros
Pay was good, staff was nice & easy going.
Cons
Job ended .
Student Job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA10 October 2018
I was helping one of the professor with their research project. It was an easy job taking care of animals. I only had to feed every other day and clean the tanks weekly. Work place was very laid back.
Inspiring Children/Adults
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA25 September 2018
Working day to day with inspiring children/adults to get to their career goals was inspiring. Giving them college advice, inspiration, what not/what to do in a college setting, was enlightening to me.
Private College
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater Virginia6 September 2018
Very different atmosphere, private college. hard to advance within. dont get on managements bad side. not very much on the increase sides. They do recognize length of service.
People are great to work with and for
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA16 July 2018
I love working for Bridgewater College. It's a beautiful campus and the people are all kind and considerate. I love working within an educational environment that looks to promote young people.
busy
STAGE HAND (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA7 May 2018
busy and fun. got to work with a lot of people. very hands on experience. Was able to balance work and going to school at the same time. Learned a lot of skills.
Friendly and fun place to work
Learning Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater2 May 2018
Bridgwater college is a nice friendly place to work. I was there straight from university and though they knew that for me it was just a job and I would leave once I got a job in the field I really wanted to work in, they still trained me, encouraged me and offered me a nurturing environment to get into "work". My colleagues were all wonderful and while everyone was professional, we allowed ourselves to have fun too.
Fun, energetic, but stressful
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MA24 April 2018
Working for coach V was a fun experience for me while I am trying to get into coaching, however do not expect to be calling plays on the sidelines any time soon. It is a lot of grunt work but a good workout
Decent
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA14 April 2018
I worked as a student, and it was a good job in the IT Department that opened a lot of doors for me professionally, and that led to many learning opportunities.
good
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA10 April 2018
Bridgewater College is a good job. The management works well with all the employees. Im looking for a change of shift, don't like working at nighttime.
Part time academic tutor.
Organic Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA19 March 2018
I was assigned students that needed help in certain subjects that I was good at and already finished. I tutored them as needed. I was a fun experience to engage with the students and attempt to explain concepts in different ways. It helped deepen my knowledge of such classes.
Pros
Time was flexible
Cons
No many work hours
Not Great
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA2 March 2018
Your talents will never be used and your potential will never be realized. It's an entry-level job to jump-start a career. The people you work for will never care if you go above and beyond.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgewater College. Our community is ready to answer.