Bridgehead Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2019
made a lot of close bonds with coworkers that caused us to work better together to get tasks done, manager was great and we got free drinks every day :)
Pros
free drinks, discounts
Cons
no hours in the winter
Flexible and supportive environment
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2018
Overall this is a good job. Management is new and still learning but very flexible and accommodating. Co-workers are usually available to pick up any shifts that you need to trade/ give away. Always someone around if you need them to jump in. Bridgehead has some excellent ideals that I can really get behind and they are making a difference on an environmental scale.
Okay... for a service job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2018
Bridgehead is a good place to work if you're a student, but I don't recommend it as a longterm career. Managers are treated extremely unfairly, and it's nearly impossible to get your shift covered, even if you're deathly ill. Since the minimum wage increase, they also make it near impossible to get full time hours unless you're a manager.

The customers can be really amazing, though, and the type of people the company attracts tend to be really fun to work with.
Pros
Free food, tips
Cons
Understaffing
could be better
SUPERVISOR | FEV (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2017
I loved the coffees and everything, but the company could be better for the employed.
I worked over hours and I never received anything from them... My manager always said to me good things, but the company seems dont really care about it.
Fast-paced workplace with always something to do
BTL (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2015
Work consists of managing customer flow, ensuring stock is on par in all categories, and minimal managerial duties given to team.
Pros
Wonderful food and customer base
Cons
Repetitive tasks and difficulties to move up