Bridgehead Coffeehouse Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work
BARISTA TEAM LEADER AND TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 September 2017
Loved working at Bridgehead. Managers were all excellent. The entire Bridgehead team is fun and collaborative. Everyone enjoyed being at work. Employees are encouraged to explore any and all career opportunities within the company.
Regular coffee shop environment but not properly organized for the amount of work.
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2017
Bridgehead is a company stuck in between being sustainable and a business; having social consciousness and employing people. Confusing but hopefully will outgrow that in the future.
Pros
Best coffee; great food
Cons
Training is confusing then employees get lost
Shift supervisor position
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2017
I was expected a little bit different from shift supervisor position. Basically, I got more responsibilities and work than others for extra 50 cents which is not worth it. The job is basically about cleaning and customer service. Bridgehead is really care about their look. Managers really help you to find a good and right schedule for you. It is pretty easy to get days off anytime you want but make sure you got someone who can take your shifts. As shift supervisor you need to make sure that employees do cleaning tasks, finish every day transition list and provide great customer service. If customer has any issues you the one who will deal with it. The job is pretty hard because it is 90% of the time is physical. There is no time to lean. The worst thing is people who you work with are getting lazy and basically you clean stuff after other people. Specially it is so hard to communicate with people who work at the store for years. They most of the time don't really care about the store. And if you are shift supervisor manager will ask from you not them.
Management at my store was really good. Every store is different. But my manager was really nice to everyone, and was trying to help every time when you have a problem.
The most enjoyable part was meeting nice customers. If you like talking to people, build relationship, this job is for you. Only customers will entertain your everyday routine at this job.
Pros
Free food (but only expired one), free drinks, free beans, flexible schedule
Cons
Unpaid 30 mins break, lots of cleaning; no health benefits
Second Family
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2016
I love working for this company. The atmosphere is great and my coworkers are like my brothers and sisters. There are customers that I have grown attached to. I have met some of my best friends working there. A typical day at work usually includes me cleaning the store, serving customers, doing various paper work and providing customer service. The hardest part of my job is getting every task done. With our new management and changes in the overhead, we have had scheduling problems where 2-3 workers are expected to serve constant lines of customers (300-400 in an 8 hour shift) as well as keep the store clean, keep items stocked, and do paperwork.
Pros
Great coworkers, great product, flexible management
Cons
Underpaid, Overworked, Inconsistent hours
Bridgehead Barista - loved it
Barista Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 March 2016
Bridgehead is a great company to work for if you're looking for a great team environment that supports your curiousity in a variety of different areas like coffee/tea tasting/roasting/barista skills, management training, and human resources.

Managers are really good at being flexible with your schedule and maintain a diverse team.