Bridge to Care Inc Employee Reviews

Bridge to Care is a great to work and offers many opportunities for those who wish to progress and learn new skills
Staff (Current Employee) –  Millwood7 May 2019
I highly recommend working working working for Bridge to Care it is amazing.I have been here a couple months.i love my clients and bosses, great co workers and great environment
Pros
The hours I have suite my schedule
Cons
Making sure they are safe and being treated good.
Ensure self growth
Disability support work (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2019
I have been working with this company for 10 months now , it’s a great place to work in all its meanings . The highlights includes good work life balance and flexible working hours . Training programs offers more easiness to work for the employees even if they don’t have experience. Team leaders are available 24/7 to offer support and guidance to the employees. I would recommend this company as an excellent work place .
Pros
Seasonal celebrations
Cons
Nothing identified
Need lots of improvement.poorly organised the programs .
Behaviour support worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2019
need more worker to schedule , manage the Programs On call is not very helpful because they are doing lots of another works same time. Cancelling the person shift in short notice is very normal in this agency without giving you a valid reason unless you know your rights. Even then they just give you a excuse not a reason, I found the owner of the agency doing very good job but management who run the programs are not really working in professional manner. Needs a lot of improvement .No job security ,no Benefits.
Pros
those having no expericence can gain here
Cons
lots of stress because changing schedule alot
An easy-going work atmosphere, and an understanding Director
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB30 March 2019
If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a positive difference in people's lives, this is the agency for you. I have found the Director to be very accommodating, approachable, and understanding of personal circumstances. If you are sincere about wanting to work for him, he will help you out in terms of the days you can and can not be in the office. Overall, I would rank this as a good place to work.
Pros
Work/life balance, professional development opportunities
Love meeting all the new people!!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB26 March 2019
I started working for Bridge to Care in 2018. I was previously working in the oilfield which included hot summers and long cold winters outside. I had been on the look out for a new career change when I heard of a job opening with Bridge to Care. I had never heard of the Bridge to Care organization before so I searched the organization online and found out that they provided health care services to individuals with disabilities. Not only offering adult care but the one thing our small town needed the most was care services for children with disabilities. I have really enjoyed meeting all the people who have walked through our doors so far. I am glad I have chosen to work with Bridge to Care for many reasons like the great work hours, friendly staff, and the families. The hardest but also the most enjoyable part of my day would have to be seeing the kids not wanting to go home because they want to stay and play. This makes me happy going home at the end of my day to know that we provide a happy, fun, safe environment for the children while they are with us.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff
A great growing company
Beahvioral Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB25 March 2019
As the company continues to grow i am excited foe the potential it holds. Their are drawbacks and new systems, but everything is a learning curve. Bridge to care is an amazing company to work for. You become part of a community and a family, overall very rewarding.
Pros
Caring staff and employers
Cons
Contract rates
Bottom Line
care giver (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB25 March 2019
The bottom line when we are looking after young people with mental difficulties is that are they are better off with your help or not. Bridgetocare has the tools and support staff to help you through the process of learning what you need to learn with your new client. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in mental health. The respite home that I was involved with was vey clean and comfortable.
Pros
A childs smile
Awesome Company
Behavioural support worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2019
Keep doing the amazing things you do
Good support the management,Good place to work and learning with awesome people ,Good environment and policies are good for staff
Pros
Working more than 3 months, really happy for what am doing, amazing co-workers, Top management listens to you, friendly working atmosphere
Cons
The Client and staff enjoying to stay and work in this Company(bridge to care)
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB22 March 2019
Bridge to care is good company especially is a Christian company their values are great, management is perfect, one think we really need is benefits(coverage)
Pros
More outings
Cons
More hours are good
Inclusive, supportive and compassionate company
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB22 March 2019
Bridge to Care is a quickly growing company that still manages to keep its original mission in place, which is providing safe, reliable and compassionate care to all people who contact them and are in need.
It's great to see a growing company that still keeps their focus on all of their original clients, as much as it's new ones.
BTC is always finding new and productive ways to help the communities in which they are involved in.

There is also room within the company for employees to internally expand their career options, with different types of positions always being made available to not only the public, but the current employees also.
Pros
A lot of schedule freedom
Productive, innovative and fun workplace in Edmonton.Runs by Real peoples
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton22 March 2019
One of the best and fast growing organization in Alberta. Management is well experienced and had a passion of caring people with developmental disabilities
Pros
Free luncj
Cons
Enough hours
Supportive and caring workplace with great employees
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB22 March 2019
I started working for BTC about 2 months ago and I love working here! The environment is super supportive and fun and I feel like I am making a difference through my work by helping others and contributing to the greater good of my community. The hours and wage are perfect for what I need and I feel as if I am supported by my co-workers and CEO. BTC is a new company and therefore I feel as if the opportunity for growth with the company is high. I am always learning something new on my shifts and every day is a new adventure. I would highly recommend applying at BTC!
Pros
Supportive environment and great employees
Zero for lack of safety
Owner Golden care services Okanagan since 2006 (Current Employee) –  Okanagan, BC7 March 2019
Serious safety no reference checks or child welfare check done and I did 3 shifts ..manager rude and no reason for it .. she thinks asking for directions is funny. It rude when u had no orentation ..safety of your loved one is major ethics concern.
Pros
None serious training issues. To cheep to pay for that
Official response from Bridge to Care Inc
23 March 2019

All staff are well trained and orientated. We give atmost importance for safety of staff as well as clients. Its a false statement.

Positive work environment with staffs all in one page.
Behavioural support worker (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB8 November 2018
Enjoy working here. Management always got listening ears to concerns regards to staffs and clients. Management will do their best to meet staffs demands and request. Nice company to work for.
Pros
Positive and great working environment.
Cons
Change in schedule at short notice but always willing to recharge to meet staffs demands.
horrible
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB6 September 2018
The management is too cheap to provide the necessities to the clients. They have questionable ethics. And the communication to the team leaders is non existent.

As a team leader, I am required to be on call 24/7 with no pay for this, and I have already had to spend my own money to provide the clients with the basic necessities.

I love working with the clients. And the staff I have working with me are awesome!
Pros
work with the clients is great!
Cons
management
Official response from Bridge to Care Inc
2 November 2018

We are very sorry to hear such a comment like this with an unknown person who still claims to be an employee with us.

We do not have any issues as such, All employees and clients are truly happy with the service we provide to the community.

Its our Vision to provide quality service to the rural communities of Alberta.

Bridge to Care Inc. is a not-for-profit organization based in Spruce Grove, Alberta. We provide support and care for a variety of needs including senior, respite, dementia and nursing care, autism & Asperger support, as well as assistance and care throughout the various stages of pregnancy and childbirth, for accident victims, and other extensions in support of the community to address domestic violence and homelessness issues.

As the name suggests, we are an often referred by other local agencies for people who ‘fall through the cracks’ as we assist them in times of need through various health and other support services to ‘bridge’ them to the ‘care’ required.

Praise Abraham

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridge to Care Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Bridge to Care Inc Reviews by Location