Bricks 4 Kidz

Bricks 4 Kidz Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Seems I am going to school to become a teacher this job is a perfect job to get exposed to a class full of children while still in school. I really enjoy this job and being able to help children learn so they can perform at the best of their abilities. I teach them for about 10 minutes at first then the remainder of the class they build some sort of a machine out of legs that have a motor and it will move at the end of the build.
very fun programs, only con is being in schools without air conditioning is tough in the summer time. The curriculum is done for you, you just have to teach and work with the kids on what is being asked for them to complete.
The job is very energy consuming as you are surrounded by a large group of energetic kids, however, this is to be expected. Applying for a spot at this job was not difficult for me.
Travailler de façon autonome vers un objectif commun à toute l'équipe
I absolutely love this job. It comes with the flexibility I need for my personal life, opportunity for advancement, and acceptance of critiques and opinions (of the program, the way things are run, etc.).
Pros
Good pay, exciting job.
Cons
Not a lot of hours yet, no benefits.
Bricks 4 Kidz is a really great job for aspiring educators, or anyone who enjoys working with kids. Programs offered include: birthday parties, in-school field trips, classes, summer camps, and special events as requested. The company is small and only offers part-time employment but the pay is relatively high compared to comparable part-time jobs. All programs are LEGO based and engage competency levels from the most basic developing motor skills to advanced robotics programming using LEGO Mindstorms. The company fosters an energetic workforce consisting primarily of teachers or teaching students. Staff are enjoyable to work with and very helpful to new employees. The most challenging part of the job is managing conflicts between students and working with students who have special needs. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is getting to work in a play-based, but educational environment where the kids all share a common love of Lego. A great side job for teachers who enjoy creativity and imagination.
Pros
Relatively easy work, decent part-time pay, get to develop and hone teaching and facilitation skills, flexible scheduling
Cons
Can be exhausting, work depends on demand, some challenging personalities