Bria Communities

Bria Communities Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
The residents are very kind and friendly. There are lots of fun events throughout the year. Because the workforce isn't very large, there is little room for advancement (you could maybe move up one position in your whole career here). It is unionized, so whether that's a positive or negative depends on your perspective on unions. Most of the management team is great, but there have been a few bad apples that have caused issues with employees. The work culture is OK, but there is a definite division between departments, so the workplace culture could be different depending what department you work in. Overall, a good place to work, but a hard place to make a reasonable wage to live off of forever. Activities would be a good department for either the newly graduated, those looking for a chill part time job, or those about to retire.
Pros
Inexpensive staff meals, fun events
Cons
Little room for advancement
The time allotted for the tasks needed to complete was way out of sync.
High expectations and not nearly enough time given.

Some of the kitchen / serving staff were arrogant and just plain nasty.
Pros
Pay was industry standard
Cons
as above
I feel like I'm pressured to take extra shifts because there is no staff..They can't seem to keep people, due to poor management.
I feel after everything happening here my job is no longer safe.Im worried I'm going to come to work and maybe not have a job.
27 September 2019
Thank you for your honest feedback. The role of a Care Aide is very much respected, needed and we know it can be challenging. To maintain a quality of care to our residents at all times, we are constantly ensuring we have staff available and always providing opportunities to those who want extra shifts.

In saying that, a Care Aide can always refuse an unscheduled shift (unless there is an emergency or circumstance beyond the employer’s control) and for those who are “casual” care aides, we do ask for availability to pick up shifts well in advance.

If scheduling has been an issue, please speak directly to your Leader and or your Human Resources Business Partner assigned to your location. We have multiple platforms where you can provide feedback internally your concerns and someone will respond back to you. We hope that there still is an opportunity to have open communication with you ongoing so you do not feel like there is no job security for you.
The company really promotes growth and development and supports you in all of what you do. The interdisciplinary relationship between all departments is amazing and that really speaks of what the company believes in!

I am proud to say that I can leave work at the end of the day with a smile on my face because I know I have great support behind me and the residents are happy!
16 September 2019
Thank you for your review. It makes us so happy to hear you leave work with a smile on your face! Our Recreation team are a vital part of our residents life and always ensure the work environment is fun, so thank you for all you do!
Great opportunities to work at Bria , accommodating staff and supportive management , As a server I would have to make sure that I was on top of all things needed. I made sure that I can always give my support and help to all
the residents I always gave them the satisfaction before they leave the dining area. Good benefits and helpful Human Resources staff
16 September 2019
Thank you for your review and for all you do for our residents at Bria! We're happy to hear about your positive experience with your team on site as well as the HR team. We (HR) do our best to ensure we are always on hand to support our employees and leaders, and answer any questions that may come up.
I love working here! Everyone is nice to everybody. My manager is the best, she is very accomodating and listens to us workers and always goes the extra mile to help us. I feel valued and important as a worker, it makes me strive to work harder and continue to improve what I do for the benefit of the company.
26 September 2019
Thank you for your review and the feedback on your leader! Every one of our employees is vital to ensure the residents get to live their best lives. We appreciate the hard work you do!
The company support the manager to develop a great job and deliver a very good work environment for the staff.
I feel very respected by the company and my coworkers. Good Salary, plus free meal and free espresso and late all day.

I just love work for Bria.
16 September 2019
Thank you for your review. We always thrive to create a respectful and positive environment for all of our staff. The leaders on site as well as HR are always happy to support our leaders to ensure they are doing their best work for the residents and their employees.

Also the food is always a great perk and yummy!
I found the manager not very compassionate towards the residents, she just came over more on the snobby side with little tolerance towards her staff to.
It's a nice building but I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Pay was pretty good, nice facility and clean
Cons
Manager I was not a fan of her, your expected to work all shifts including graveyards
27 September 2019
We are glad to hear that you were fairly compensated for the role that you did and found the senior home was nice and clean. We pride ourselves in trying to keep up with a quality home-like environment for our residents and for their families who come and visit them.

It is, however; disappointing to hear that you did not have a positive working relationship with your Leader and expectations were not made clear to you regarding what was required from your role as that is usually set out during the orientation process.

We appreciate your comments. It helps the company identify any training gaps for employee and Leader as well as opportunities where we can improve the overall employee experience. We continue to encourage all of our staff and Leaders to utilize training material we have as well as courses to help develop their overall competencies in order to be successful in a work environment that is all about compassion and care.
Hardest part of the job is the hours. They're long and hard to build a life around.
Most of the Staff are wonderful to work with and make it easier.
Pros
Free Lunches/Dinners
Cons
Long Hours
26 September 2019
Thank you for your response! We are happy you enjoyed working with your colleagues. Typically our Server's hours are 10:30 or 11 am to 7 or 7:30 pm. This is the time that the residents are eating, but our employees all work rotations so they are able to take time off! If this is still a concern please reach out to your HR Business Partner.
A workplace where I am accepted for who I am and I don’t have to be someone else to fit in. My skills are appreciated by the management and it is encouraging this way to do my best. It is fun to do what I really like and enjoy the company of good friends while at work.
21 October 2019
Thank you for your review! We identify that every employee is unique and is so much more than just a number. We are happy to hear that your skills are appreciated by your manager and that you work with good friends, we think the Bria staff are great too!
I have greatly enjoyed working at the Waterford! The staff are hard workers, who care greatly about the residents, safety and the quality of life lived.
Pros
Guaranteed work and Get along great with all of the staff
Cons
Cannot pin point any cons
21 October 2019
Thank you for your review! All of our Bria staff work hard for our residents and care about the people they care for. Thank you for being a part of our Bria team.