Poor management, bad living conditions - Banff Gondola
Food Prep (Former Employee) – Banff, AB – 31 January 2018
My time with Brewster was awful. It was the middle of the switching of management, so everything was a mess all the time. I loathed going to work everyday.
- Cheap staff accom right downtown Banff
- Some of the staff was cool
- Free meal, and generally good food at that
- Usually pretty good if you are sick or something
- If you have to help with events, making fancy food platters can be fun and you can learn a lot if that is what you are interested in
- Lots of free stuff with Brewster (take advantage of it)
- I was moved around a lot
- Little - no acceptance if you don't have much experience as a cook
- Management just honestly sucked so much.
- LOTS of overtime. Seriously, 12+ hour days weren't uncommon
- Very unorganized
- Often becomes understaffed and remains that way
- If you are in food prep/line cook, there is a ridiculous amount of repetitive tasks
- If you are working at the Gondola kitchen, the fridge is 2 floors below the kitchen, lots of stairs
In general, it was a steady job, but I would never work with Brewster again after my time with them.
Free Meal if you are kitchen staff
Pretty much every other aspect of the job