Breakaway Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Very poor customer service full of BS promises that never become reality!
None (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2016
Even with years of experience under my belt in Transportation, to the point that got the Manager to deal with my application himself... After a couple interviews, the only thing that I got was "Salesman speech" and no job! Full BS promises that makes you think that you'll be getting a job next couple days and never got one from them! Even with the company owner being the manager! bragging himself about their experience in providing jobs to people! Basically... Lots of talk and lots of fouling people around! Guess what... I got other recruiter from KAS HR and I'm working already in a matter of less than a week!
Pros
Cons
Salesman speeches promising you a job that you'll never have it!
A bunch of parasites
Douchebag (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC9 March 2016
You do the work and we get part of the money that you earned doing the work in mostly temporary positions with little prospects of being hired on or benefits. Even then these companies that use parasitical agencies like breakaway charge the employer an arm and a leg if they want to hire you.

They are the problem for people working today and not a solution
Pros
Umm it is work
Cons
You work, they do nothing and make money off of your work
ok place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2016
when having a complaint takes a long time for matters to be handled.
They dont really listen to employees. benefits you have to pay into extreme amount more than your weekly pay
Pros
income
Cons
not conciderate of employees
Pay Rates
inventory control (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2016
Breakaway sent me for an inventory position as a machine operator @ $16 per hour.
Found a different agency who wanted to send me to the same company as the janitor @ $16.60 per hour.

Id be surprised to learn that the company pays agencies more for a janitor than an inventory control machine operator position.

Breakaway will pay you as little as possible.
Wonderful People, Excellent Agency
administrative clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2015
The ladies at Breakaway Staffing are very friendly and polite and will go out of their way to make sure they find you a job.

I have been working in an administrative role through them for just over 3 years now and they are always available to me if I need them and they always pay me on time. I have worked with another agency in the past where this was not the case so I was hesitant to find work using an agency but Breakaway has been great.

They found me a job quickly and everyone in the office was helpful and polite. I have recommended this agency to my family and friends and would recommend it to anyone looking for work in Mississauga.
Good Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2015
Breakaway was a great place to find work. They found me a steady job paying over minimum wage. When I went in to register everyone was very friendly. They remember me whenever I drop by their office which I think is really great. I've never had a problem with them since I started working for them and I like the job I have. I have recommended them to a few of my friends who have also found work through Breakaway.
Pros
very friendly, considerate, found me a job fast
productive and great place to work at, met some hardworking, great team members
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  mississauga, On19 September 2015
Very big company with a lot of jobs available, and the pay is always good as well. the most enjoyable park of the job was working alongside my friends and learning new skills all together.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Great Company for students or individuals looking for seasonal work
General Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton ON17 July 2015
A typical day at work takes place in a warehouse setting from 7:30 am till 4:00 pm. Workers are expected to package and unpack a variety of products or label and inspect products. The instructions are minor, you are given instructions for a task and will perform that task for the rest of your shift. The work is very repetitive and sometimes requires heavy lifting. Co-workers are friendly but are encouraged to refrain from socializing excessively. The hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness and the simplicity of the tasks. As well the location of the warehouses vary and commuting may be difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a behind the scenes look at how the different mainly food related products are handled before they are shipped to stores. The management within the warehouses are not much help, the management within Breakaway are very friendly and helpful, but I found unless you sternly express your discomforts or concerns with jobs and salaries your requests will be overlooked. Overall the job is a great learning experience to see how different items are processed, as well as getting to know all the different people which help build upon communication skills.
Pros
little to no effort required
Cons
repetitive, cold, not challenging, unstable hours
Recommended By a Friend - Had a Great Experience
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 June 2015
A friend told me about Breakaway Staffing Solutions while I was currently working as a Sales Rep for another company. My friend knew the owner of Breakaway and told me that their agency often had Sales Rep positions available that paid well. I kept my eye out and when I saw that they had a position available I went in and had an interview. The position was similar to the work I had been doing but paid quite a bit more. The job was in my area so I thought it would be worth it to interview. In the end I got the job and have been working for the company ever since!

The whole process was very smooth and the transition between jobs was seamless. I'm sure my old employer was sad to see me go but on-ward and upward to bigger and better things!

I am very happy with my experience at Breakaway and would have no problem recommending it to my friends.
Pros
easy process
Good Part-time Job
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2015
I started working for Breakaway when I finished high school. It has been a great way to earn extra money while I decide what I want to do. All of the jobs they've sent me to so far have been really easy and I've worked with good people. The job that I have is general labour and I call in each day and get work for the next day. It's a pretty good system, they've always had work for me when I call.
Pros
always get work
Excellent Agency
OS&D Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2015
I have been with Breakaway a long time. I came to them in 2010 and they helped me find a data entry job (paying decent money for the time). Since then I have gained the experience and have be placed in an OS&D role with a larger Transport company. I have always had a very pleasant experience any time I have dealt with the ladies at Breakaway and they always went above and beyond to find me a job that fit my skills.
Pros
great people, placed in good job
I prefer this agency
Reach Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2015
I was with a different agency about a year ago and they were the worst, so i left and found Breakaway through a friend. They found me a full time job as a forklift operator. They were always friendly and nice when I went into their office, and it seemed like they were trying really hard to find me a job. The job they found me has been good so far and pays pretty decent. I am overall really happy with Breakaway, i've had a much better experience with this agency.
Pros
nice ppl
Friendly, Helpful and an easy recommendation
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2015
the staff at Breakaway Staffing was incredibly friendly and helpful, while working this them I have always felt that they were always working to make sure I succeeded and made it to the job that I wanted. While applying for jobs through Breakaway Staffing I worked mainly with Sharon, she was very helpful, nice and definitely someone I could count on to get me to job I want. Although the application process can take a long time they made sure that I was comfortably the whole time by offering me snacks and drinks. overall I would recommend Breakaway Staffing to anyone looking to apply through them for a job.
Pros
friendly, helpful
Cons
long application process
Great Agency to work with!
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2015
i am a current employee with Breakaway and have had nothing but good experiences with them. They were delightful from the minute i walked through the door.

They placed me with a good company and i like the work and the people.

My recruiter at Breakaway made sure i knew everything i needed to know going into the job so i was prepared to start,which was really soon after my interview with them.

i have recommended this agency to my friends and family and I would go back again.
Pros
very helpful
They Sucked
Transportstion (Former Employee) –  Missussauga2 May 2015
Dont even try with this company. My contact Stephanie never bothered to get back to me when i left messeges for her, to be honest its been almost a year. The job i did get lasted only a month when i was promised a long term position. I have tried to call and get in touch with someone who can help me but no luck. This company is very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
not being able to talk to your contact or no returned calls.
horrible experience
recuited employee (Former Employee) –  mississuaga15 January 2015
Horrible company the moment you enter the company building. Stay far far away if u want a promising job. They say 18 but only have 14 an hour positions. Recruiters don't know the business language or know what they are talking about. They take forever to get back to you. They offered and contacted me a position n when I went in they had no idea what company that would offer 18 an hour. Etc just not worth it
Pros
Cons
need i say more
Executive Corp Search
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2014
Employees work in different locations requested by the recruitment specialists. In the the factories, we work with a number of different products that we organize, pack, label, seal and conduct quality control on. Employees work one or more of these task, typically on assembly lines. To get the job done in the best way possible, we have supervisors giving us tasks, and making sure these tasks are done smoothly. The hardest part of this job is that it can, at times, be very labour intensive (doing the same tasks over and over again at a quick pace). The most enjoyable part was communicating and working with other coworkers, which built a warmer atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Communicating with coworkers
Cons
Labour Intensive
Productive Place.
Co- packing / cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2014
Productive workplace.Building skids and cleaning floors around forklifts.
Temp agency
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  off site in the gta27 May 2014
the work day is like most. report to supervisor, complete assignments, punch out and go home. most of the work is in the transportation industry; production and warehousing. Some what flexible hours when required. Meet lots f new faces and different co-workers.
Pros
Friendly and helpful sevice
Cons
o/t starts at 44hrs
Unexpected
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2014
Unfortunately this Job was not for me. It seemed as though I was not welcome into the work environment very much and the lunches were quite short.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Long hours, Heavy attire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Breakaway Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Breakaway Staffing Solutions Reviews by Location