Breakaway Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews for Laborer

Work always available
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 December 2017
They have many different openings, lots of work! awesome place.. they call back very quickly. good at trying to find a job along the lines of what it is you're looking for!
Pros
good hours
Cons
not ALWAYS availability
Good temporary job, but managment and pay are not worth the work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
a typical day as a general labor consists of sorting stock, inventory counting and building of orders to be delivered

the job is all grunt work with very little assistance without having to constantly ask managers what to do and if you work independently you are accused of wasting time and slacking off

the owners have no regard for safety and protocol and if any injuries occur on the job they dismiss all responsibility and simply blame the employee there are extremely rude and racist employees who only concern themselves with their paycheck and insist on immaturity and harassment of other female employees

the hardest part of the job was dealing with all the problems, and never being properly paid for the work done

only thing enjoyable about the job is the early hours
Good Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2015
Breakaway was a great place to find work. They found me a steady job paying over minimum wage. When I went in to register everyone was very friendly. They remember me whenever I drop by their office which I think is really great. I've never had a problem with them since I started working for them and I like the job I have. I have recommended them to a few of my friends who have also found work through Breakaway.
Pros
very friendly, considerate, found me a job fast
productive and great place to work at, met some hardworking, great team members
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  mississauga, On19 September 2015
Very big company with a lot of jobs available, and the pay is always good as well. the most enjoyable park of the job was working alongside my friends and learning new skills all together.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Great Company for students or individuals looking for seasonal work
General Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton ON17 July 2015
A typical day at work takes place in a warehouse setting from 7:30 am till 4:00 pm. Workers are expected to package and unpack a variety of products or label and inspect products. The instructions are minor, you are given instructions for a task and will perform that task for the rest of your shift. The work is very repetitive and sometimes requires heavy lifting. Co-workers are friendly but are encouraged to refrain from socializing excessively. The hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness and the simplicity of the tasks. As well the location of the warehouses vary and commuting may be difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a behind the scenes look at how the different mainly food related products are handled before they are shipped to stores. The management within the warehouses are not much help, the management within Breakaway are very friendly and helpful, but I found unless you sternly express your discomforts or concerns with jobs and salaries your requests will be overlooked. Overall the job is a great learning experience to see how different items are processed, as well as getting to know all the different people which help build upon communication skills.
Pros
little to no effort required
Cons
repetitive, cold, not challenging, unstable hours
Good Part-time Job
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2015
I started working for Breakaway when I finished high school. It has been a great way to earn extra money while I decide what I want to do. All of the jobs they've sent me to so far have been really easy and I've worked with good people. The job that I have is general labour and I call in each day and get work for the next day. It's a pretty good system, they've always had work for me when I call.
Pros
always get work
Executive Corp Search
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2014
Employees work in different locations requested by the recruitment specialists. In the the factories, we work with a number of different products that we organize, pack, label, seal and conduct quality control on. Employees work one or more of these task, typically on assembly lines. To get the job done in the best way possible, we have supervisors giving us tasks, and making sure these tasks are done smoothly. The hardest part of this job is that it can, at times, be very labour intensive (doing the same tasks over and over again at a quick pace). The most enjoyable part was communicating and working with other coworkers, which built a warmer atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Communicating with coworkers
Cons
Labour Intensive
Unexpected
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2014
Unfortunately this Job was not for me. It seemed as though I was not welcome into the work environment very much and the lunches were quite short.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Long hours, Heavy attire
A Good Company to Learn Various Tasks in the Work envorioment there is somthing for everyone.
Data Order Entry Assistant and General labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario Canada7 December 2012
A typical day on the Job is order picking and labeling if I have been sent out on a General labor task. My co- workers are very nice people who help me when I am new or when I have not learned how to to a specific order.

A typical day in the Office environment is really great Breakaway sends me to very comfortable and friendly office environments where I am familiar with the work and the assignments that need to be one.