Breakaway Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

A bunch of liars
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2018
Out of every agency in the GTA, these guys seem to have the most job postings, but never seem to have ONE job. They place you where they want you to go, and not where you want to go. I've been on this imaginary "hot list" for the past year, & still not ONE job!!!! These guys are actually full of it, and could care less whether you live or die!!!!!!
Pros
They advertise good jobs
Cons
The jobs they advertise never seem to be available
False advertising
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 December 2017
They bait you with Non specific add like Forklift 23 $ per H and then you sit in the office and they ask you how low would you work for ?
No shame.
Any of the agencies has no shame. They get you a job that you can search by yourself online and then they take 5 $ per H on average. Like they are doing me a favor. BS
Work always available
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 December 2017
They have many different openings, lots of work! awesome place.. they call back very quickly. good at trying to find a job along the lines of what it is you're looking for!
Pros
good hours
Cons
not ALWAYS availability
Great agency for temporary work and well managed.
Temporary General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2017
I have worked with this agency while going to school for over 5 years. They are well managed and have plenty of work for temporary bases but as well as permanent if employers like your work ethic. Majority of the job wages were well suited for the work required. Management was fun to meet and easy to work with when finding work. The only issue was workplaces were not completely consistent. For example you may work 5 different places everyday of the week. Overall its great for students and for anyone looking for a little extra work here and there.
Pros
You choose days you want to work, okay wages, friendly staff and a lot of work.
Cons
Different job sites, a little hard for new workers to consistent work
Work Hard for Less
LINEhAUL DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 July 2017
Based on experience they still pay low wage, and once hired the company does not want to increase the salary based on the work load. For example, while working I was P/D, Line haul, Clerk and Router for linehauls for the afternoon shift.
Pros
Times
Cons
Working for less money
Good temporary job, but managment and pay are not worth the work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
a typical day as a general labor consists of sorting stock, inventory counting and building of orders to be delivered

the job is all grunt work with very little assistance without having to constantly ask managers what to do and if you work independently you are accused of wasting time and slacking off

the owners have no regard for safety and protocol and if any injuries occur on the job they dismiss all responsibility and simply blame the employee there are extremely rude and racist employees who only concern themselves with their paycheck and insist on immaturity and harassment of other female employees

the hardest part of the job was dealing with all the problems, and never being properly paid for the work done

only thing enjoyable about the job is the early hours
Pure scam artists
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  mISSISSAUGA29 April 2017
I dealt with them briefly, my god what a bunch of scammers. Do not believe the positive reviews about them, probably written by there staff members.

They advertise above average rates, and then tell you that you have to earn those rates, but it starts two dollars an hour less.

There recruiters are rude, and abrasive people and you will never be hired with the temp to perm scam. Walkaway, I did.
Pros
Cons
Scam artists.
Unprofessional
pawn (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Bad company to deal with. As others have mentioned, they use sneaky tactics to collect your information and have you jump through hoops with promises of good employment only to say "oops sorry we have this other job way below your standards and pay expectations though."
Pros
Cons
Deceptive practices
Great Office Staff
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
The office staff are very helpful in finding the right job for you. Payroll is always on point. I have not had a problem working for the staffing agency
Scam artists
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 October 2016
Advertise 18 an hr jobs and surprisingly when you call or go in, the position has been filled. You end up getting a 16 an hr if ur lucky. Best part is when they make you feel as if you depend on them more than anything else, when they solely exist on your paycheck. It's a 2 way street. And they can stuff their bull of getting hired on by companies, if that happened they wouldn't have anyone to make them money. Take advantage of people because of desperation. In general, they are scavengers, make sure you research an agency you want to work for. STAY AWAY FROM BREAKAWAY, you have been warned.
Pros
Turn them down for a shift when they are desperate, taste their own medicine.
Cons
They exist
variety of different work experiences
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Malton, ON4 August 2016
the company was good about making sure that the workplaces I was sent to where within home distance and where close to bus routes
Always trying to help get me work.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 June 2016
Working with employees to bill transportation companies in order to receive money owed to the company I worked for. Typed on the AS400 for the transportation companies and Oliver Lumber Company that I worked 21 years for doing accounts payable/receivable/invoicing and other jobs as well as training. The hardest part of the job was getting everything done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was coercing with the employees and being able to have lunch in a lunch room.
Pros
There was free lunches.
Cons
Sometimes there were long hours.
Very poor customer service full of BS promises that never become reality!
None (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2016
Even with years of experience under my belt in Transportation, to the point that got the Manager to deal with my application himself... After a couple interviews, the only thing that I got was "Salesman speech" and no job! Full BS promises that makes you think that you'll be getting a job next couple days and never got one from them! Even with the company owner being the manager! bragging himself about their experience in providing jobs to people! Basically... Lots of talk and lots of fouling people around! Guess what... I got other recruiter from KAS HR and I'm working already in a matter of less than a week!
Pros
Cons
Salesman speeches promising you a job that you'll never have it!
A bunch of parasites
Douchebag (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC9 March 2016
You do the work and we get part of the money that you earned doing the work in mostly temporary positions with little prospects of being hired on or benefits. Even then these companies that use parasitical agencies like breakaway charge the employer an arm and a leg if they want to hire you.

They are the problem for people working today and not a solution
Pros
Umm it is work
Cons
You work, they do nothing and make money off of your work
ok place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2016
when having a complaint takes a long time for matters to be handled.
They dont really listen to employees. benefits you have to pay into extreme amount more than your weekly pay
Pros
income
Cons
not conciderate of employees
Pay Rates
inventory control (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2016
Breakaway sent me for an inventory position as a machine operator @ $16 per hour.
Found a different agency who wanted to send me to the same company as the janitor @ $16.60 per hour.

Id be surprised to learn that the company pays agencies more for a janitor than an inventory control machine operator position.

Breakaway will pay you as little as possible.
Wonderful People, Excellent Agency
administrative clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2015
The ladies at Breakaway Staffing are very friendly and polite and will go out of their way to make sure they find you a job.

I have been working in an administrative role through them for just over 3 years now and they are always available to me if I need them and they always pay me on time. I have worked with another agency in the past where this was not the case so I was hesitant to find work using an agency but Breakaway has been great.

They found me a job quickly and everyone in the office was helpful and polite. I have recommended this agency to my family and friends and would recommend it to anyone looking for work in Mississauga.
Good Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2015
Breakaway was a great place to find work. They found me a steady job paying over minimum wage. When I went in to register everyone was very friendly. They remember me whenever I drop by their office which I think is really great. I've never had a problem with them since I started working for them and I like the job I have. I have recommended them to a few of my friends who have also found work through Breakaway.
Pros
very friendly, considerate, found me a job fast
productive and great place to work at, met some hardworking, great team members
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  mississauga, On19 September 2015
Very big company with a lot of jobs available, and the pay is always good as well. the most enjoyable park of the job was working alongside my friends and learning new skills all together.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Great Company for students or individuals looking for seasonal work
General Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton ON17 July 2015
A typical day at work takes place in a warehouse setting from 7:30 am till 4:00 pm. Workers are expected to package and unpack a variety of products or label and inspect products. The instructions are minor, you are given instructions for a task and will perform that task for the rest of your shift. The work is very repetitive and sometimes requires heavy lifting. Co-workers are friendly but are encouraged to refrain from socializing excessively. The hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness and the simplicity of the tasks. As well the location of the warehouses vary and commuting may be difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a behind the scenes look at how the different mainly food related products are handled before they are shipped to stores. The management within the warehouses are not much help, the management within Breakaway are very friendly and helpful, but I found unless you sternly express your discomforts or concerns with jobs and salaries your requests will be overlooked. Overall the job is a great learning experience to see how different items are processed, as well as getting to know all the different people which help build upon communication skills.
Pros
little to no effort required
Cons
repetitive, cold, not challenging, unstable hours