Breakaway Staffing Solutions

Breakaway Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
friendly staff
I started working at breakaway in the early part of 2017, because I needed a second job, to pay off some credit card bills and my car payments. When I first applied there, I found the woman to be very friendly and helpful.
Not soon after applying they found me a job to fit my full-time day job schedule. I ended up working there for 6 months, and this allowed me to pay off all my outstanding bills.

I still work there to this day part, and there always seems to be work readily available when I need it.

This is one of the better job agencies, as you get to know the woman working there personally.
Pros
work always available
Cons
none so far
Never call back
I am registered with this agency,they never call you back!! They always say sometime will call you back.i apply on the website because they are always posting jobs and it’s annoying!! Like have some decency and call people back even its to say you have no job!!!.
I've been registered for almost 2 years and still only worked one time. They post new jobs but don't call back people they lay off.
Nobody tries to build a relationship they treat you as if you don't have any sense of utgency. They needed to be bought out by a modernized agency. They have no idea what a forklift does yet they tell you they need references than when they get references you still have to do a test. A complete hamster wheel. The pay is unfair.
Overall experience at breakaway staffing
It's a good overall experience as long as you're willing to work. They will always find work for you close to you if you drive or take the bus so I can't complain
This workplace is really worth the expense.Always keeps workers busy.The pay rate may sometimes exceed the minimum amount.
Honestly I was well satisfied with working under breakaway agency.The agencies are polite in nature and can kept me busy at most of the times.I would definitely recommend this to my other friends.
Unprofessional and false salaries posted
I applied for a job advertised wit a salary range. The description was more for a junior position but the salary range was good so I decided to apply thinking I have even more than the required skills. I got the interview, i was told that my profile was a good fit and my resume and data would be sent to their client and they will let me know about the interview with them . That was the last I heard from this company.
I called the person who I interviewed with to follow up but all the time he was busy. I tried contacting him by emails that were never replied.

I understand that there could be many reason why they were not interested on me but al least say it.

After reading the reviews I see this is a scam company. My recommendation would be to stay away from this company, don’t loose your time.
Pros
Cons
Scam
Rude, Aggressive and toxic culture
Breakaway people are very rude and full of lies. They will advertise jobs with higher pay rate and if u go in, they will lie to you that its filled but they have another one 2$ less than advertised.
They will send you to places which are as toxic as them. If you want to spoil your day, get insulted for no reason and waste your time, breakway is place for you. their name suits them ; Breakaway = break + away, break away ur confidence, ur self respect, ur dignity and everything else. bunch of morons.
Pros
job
Cons
rude, aggressive
this was a good agency overall
there was no hard part in this. just couldn't get the hours i needed and there was 1 rude staff cant remember the name , i wished they had more job options in Brampton
Willing to find suitable work for your needs.
Matches experience and connects to ensure outcome. friendly staff and communicates well. quick accesss to jobs
it is very good comapny .Very good environment
I had a wonderfull experience.
The most enjoyable part was working with management team they are so organized.

I have learn cooperation and customer service in these jobs.
Pros
good workplace environment
Pay rate scam
Don't waste your time the advertised jobs are lies they will most definitely low ball you and all they really want is for you to come sign up so they can get that government grant most of the ladies there are friendly and polite but only the ones they like will actually get a good assignment
Pros
Experience working in different industries
Cons
They will screw over first chance they get
Official response from Breakaway Staffing Solutions
26 November 2018
Thank you for your review.

However, we would like to make a few things clear. We do not receive government grants and we are very transparent with the pay rates and job opportunities we have available. Any job seeker that comes into our office with the appropriate skills/licenses for the job will receive a job from us. No exceptions!

We apologize if you feel that your time was wasted. We would like to learn more details of your specific situation. Please call us at (905)564-9671 so we can speak in greater detail.

Thank you.
good
The salary that is given by this company is very good. we all are stratified from our salary. Moreover, the security of this company is good but it would be very good if they improve the security of their employees. Management and culture of this company is nice.
In the nutshell, over all this company is brilliant.
Pros
salary
Cons
long time work
A bunch of liars
Out of every agency in the GTA, these guys seem to have the most job postings, but never seem to have ONE job. They place you where they want you to go, and not where you want to go. I've been on this imaginary "hot list" for the past year, & still not ONE job!!!! These guys are actually full of it, and could care less whether you live or die!!!!!!
Pros
They advertise good jobs
Cons
The jobs they advertise never seem to be available
Steady but repetition
Offloading trailer throughout the day.
I learned different maneuvers with the counterbalance.

Everyone is friendly and willing to help you out.

I learned that certain tasks really do try your patience but you gain a lot of skill sets to deal with the situations.
Pros
Interactive individuals
Cons
Half hour lunch for and eight hour shift
False advertising
They bait you with Non specific add like Forklift 23 $ per H and then you sit in the office and they ask you how low would you work for ?
No shame.

Any of the agencies has no shame. They get you a job that you can search by yourself online and then they take 5 $ per H on average. Like they are doing me a favor. BS
Work always available
They have many different openings, lots of work! awesome place.. they call back very quickly. good at trying to find a job along the lines of what it is you're looking for!
Pros
good hours
Cons
not ALWAYS availability
Great agency for temporary work and well managed.
I have worked with this agency while going to school for over 5 years. They are well managed and have plenty of work for temporary bases but as well as permanent if employers like your work ethic. Majority of the job wages were well suited for the work required. Management was fun to meet and easy to work with when finding work. The only issue was workplaces were not completely consistent. For example you may work 5 different places everyday of the week. Overall its great for students and for anyone looking for a little extra work here and there.
Pros
You choose days you want to work, okay wages, friendly staff and a lot of work.
Cons
Different job sites, a little hard for new workers to consistent work
Work Hard for Less
Based on experience they still pay low wage, and once hired the company does not want to increase the salary based on the work load. For example, while working I was P/D, Line haul, Clerk and Router for linehauls for the afternoon shift.
Pros
Times
Cons
Working for less money
Good temporary job, but managment and pay are not worth the work
a typical day as a general labor consists of sorting stock, inventory counting and building of orders to be delivered

the job is all grunt work with very little assistance without having to constantly ask managers what to do and if you work independently you are accused of wasting time and slacking off

the owners have no regard for safety and protocol and if any injuries occur on the job they dismiss all responsibility and simply blame the employee there are extremely rude and racist employees who only concern themselves with their paycheck and insist on immaturity and harassment of other female employees

the hardest part of the job was dealing with all the problems, and never being properly paid for the work done

only thing enjoyable about the job is the early hours
Pure scam artists
I dealt with them briefly, my god what a bunch of scammers. Do not believe the positive reviews about them, probably written by there staff members.

They advertise above average rates, and then tell you that you have to earn those rates, but it starts two dollars an hour less.

There recruiters are rude, and abrasive people and you will never be hired with the temp to perm scam. Walkaway, I did.
Pros
Cons
Scam artists.
Unprofessional
Bad company to deal with. As others have mentioned, they use sneaky tactics to collect your information and have you jump through hoops with promises of good employment only to say "oops sorry we have this other job way below your standards and pay expectations though."
Pros
Cons
Deceptive practices