Breakaway Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Unprofessional and false salaries posted
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2019
I applied for a job advertised wit a salary range. The description was more for a junior position but the salary range was good so I decided to apply thinking I have even more than the required skills. I got the interview, i was told that my profile was a good fit and my resume and data would be sent to their client and they will let me know about the interview with them . That was the last I heard from this company.
I called the person who I interviewed with to follow up but all the time he was busy. I tried contacting him by emails that were never replied.
I understand that there could be many reason why they were not interested on me but al least say it.
After reading the reviews I see this is a scam company. My recommendation would be to stay away from this company, don’t loose your time.
Pros
Cons
Scam
Rude, Aggressive and toxic culture
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2019
Breakaway people are very rude and full of lies. They will advertise jobs with higher pay rate and if u go in, they will lie to you that its filled but they have another one 2$ less than advertised.
They will send you to places which are as toxic as them. If you want to spoil your day, get insulted for no reason and waste your time, breakway is place for you. their name suits them ; Breakaway = break + away, break away ur confidence, ur self respect, ur dignity and everything else. bunch of morons.
Pros
job
Cons
rude, aggressive
this was a good agency overall
Tile Setter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2019
there was no hard part in this. just couldn't get the hours i needed and there was 1 rude staff cant remember the name , i wished they had more job options in Brampton
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2019
Willing to find suitable work for your needs.
Matches experience and connects to ensure outcome. friendly staff and communicates well. quick accesss to jobs
it is very good comapny .Very good environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 November 2018
I had a wonderfull experience.
The most enjoyable part was working with management team they are so organized.
I have learn cooperation and customer service in these jobs.
Pros
good workplace environment
Pay rate scam
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2018
Don't waste your time the advertised jobs are lies they will most definitely low ball you and all they really want is for you to come sign up so they can get that government grant most of the ladies there are friendly and polite but only the ones they like will actually get a good assignment
Pros
Experience working in different industries
Cons
They will screw over first chance they get
Official response from Breakaway Staffing Solutions
26 November 2018

Thank you for your review.

However, we would like to make a few things clear. We do not receive government grants and we are very transparent with the pay rates and job opportunities we have available. Any job seeker that comes into our office with the appropriate skills/licenses for the job will receive a job from us. No exceptions!

We apologize if you feel that your time was wasted. We would like to learn more details of your specific situation. Please call us at (905)564-9671 so we can speak in greater detail.

Thank you.

good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 September 2018
The salary that is given by this company is very good. we all are stratified from our salary. Moreover, the security of this company is good but it would be very good if they improve the security of their employees. Management and culture of this company is nice.
In the nutshell, over all this company is brilliant.
Pros
salary
Cons
long time work
A bunch of liars
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2018
Out of every agency in the GTA, these guys seem to have the most job postings, but never seem to have ONE job. They place you where they want you to go, and not where you want to go. I've been on this imaginary "hot list" for the past year, & still not ONE job!!!! These guys are actually full of it, and could care less whether you live or die!!!!!!
Pros
They advertise good jobs
Cons
The jobs they advertise never seem to be available
Steady but repetition
Freight Handler/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 January 2018
Offloading trailer throughout the day.
I learned different maneuvers with the counterbalance.
Everyone is friendly and willing to help you out.
I learned that certain tasks really do try your patience but you gain a lot of skill sets to deal with the situations.
Pros
Interactive individuals
Cons
Half hour lunch for and eight hour shift
False advertising
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 December 2017
They bait you with Non specific add like Forklift 23 $ per H and then you sit in the office and they ask you how low would you work for ?
No shame.
Any of the agencies has no shame. They get you a job that you can search by yourself online and then they take 5 $ per H on average. Like they are doing me a favor. BS
Work always available
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 December 2017
They have many different openings, lots of work! awesome place.. they call back very quickly. good at trying to find a job along the lines of what it is you're looking for!
Pros
good hours
Cons
not ALWAYS availability
Great agency for temporary work and well managed.
Temporary General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2017
I have worked with this agency while going to school for over 5 years. They are well managed and have plenty of work for temporary bases but as well as permanent if employers like your work ethic. Majority of the job wages were well suited for the work required. Management was fun to meet and easy to work with when finding work. The only issue was workplaces were not completely consistent. For example you may work 5 different places everyday of the week. Overall its great for students and for anyone looking for a little extra work here and there.
Pros
You choose days you want to work, okay wages, friendly staff and a lot of work.
Cons
Different job sites, a little hard for new workers to consistent work
Work Hard for Less
LINEhAUL DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 July 2017
Based on experience they still pay low wage, and once hired the company does not want to increase the salary based on the work load. For example, while working I was P/D, Line haul, Clerk and Router for linehauls for the afternoon shift.
Pros
Times
Cons
Working for less money
Good temporary job, but managment and pay are not worth the work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
a typical day as a general labor consists of sorting stock, inventory counting and building of orders to be delivered

the job is all grunt work with very little assistance without having to constantly ask managers what to do and if you work independently you are accused of wasting time and slacking off

the owners have no regard for safety and protocol and if any injuries occur on the job they dismiss all responsibility and simply blame the employee there are extremely rude and racist employees who only concern themselves with their paycheck and insist on immaturity and harassment of other female employees

the hardest part of the job was dealing with all the problems, and never being properly paid for the work done

only thing enjoyable about the job is the early hours
Pure scam artists
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  mISSISSAUGA29 April 2017
I dealt with them briefly, my god what a bunch of scammers. Do not believe the positive reviews about them, probably written by there staff members.

They advertise above average rates, and then tell you that you have to earn those rates, but it starts two dollars an hour less.

There recruiters are rude, and abrasive people and you will never be hired with the temp to perm scam. Walkaway, I did.
Pros
Cons
Scam artists.
Unprofessional
pawn (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Bad company to deal with. As others have mentioned, they use sneaky tactics to collect your information and have you jump through hoops with promises of good employment only to say "oops sorry we have this other job way below your standards and pay expectations though."
Pros
Cons
Deceptive practices
Great Office Staff
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
The office staff are very helpful in finding the right job for you. Payroll is always on point. I have not had a problem working for the staffing agency
Scam artists
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 October 2016
Advertise 18 an hr jobs and surprisingly when you call or go in, the position has been filled. You end up getting a 16 an hr if ur lucky. Best part is when they make you feel as if you depend on them more than anything else, when they solely exist on your paycheck. It's a 2 way street. And they can stuff their bull of getting hired on by companies, if that happened they wouldn't have anyone to make them money. Take advantage of people because of desperation. In general, they are scavengers, make sure you research an agency you want to work for. STAY AWAY FROM BREAKAWAY, you have been warned.
Pros
Turn them down for a shift when they are desperate, taste their own medicine.
Cons
They exist
variety of different work experiences
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Malton, ON4 August 2016
the company was good about making sure that the workplaces I was sent to where within home distance and where close to bus routes
Always trying to help get me work.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 June 2016
Working with employees to bill transportation companies in order to receive money owed to the company I worked for. Typed on the AS400 for the transportation companies and Oliver Lumber Company that I worked 21 years for doing accounts payable/receivable/invoicing and other jobs as well as training. The hardest part of the job was getting everything done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was coercing with the employees and being able to have lunch in a lunch room.
Pros
There was free lunches.
Cons
Sometimes there were long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Breakaway Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Breakaway Staffing Solutions Reviews by Location