Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board

Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board Employee Reviews

Teacher

I taught with this school board for 27+ years. Most colleagues and management are collaborative and supportive. There was lots of flexibility in job placement.

Underpaid

I have worked for BHCDSB as a casual but can not understand why there is no compensation for not having benefits or apart of union. Normally there are 14% in lieu of benefits but not this company. Pay is lower and there is no increases. No incentive to work.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay, no benefits and not apart of union

Collaboration et ouverture d'esprit

J'ai vraiment eu la chance d'être appuyer et épauler dans mes idées et projets. Les gens ne sont pas fermés et ils acceptent le changement lorsque celui-ci est dans une optique d'amélioration ou de positif.

Amazingly rewarding working with children/youths as they grow and learn!

Teaching is an incredible job. I feel lucky, and have studied to have this position, and work hard everyday to let the students aspire to what they can achieve. I understand the incredible influence that I have and use that to foster positive attitudes and life long learning among my students. I show up with a smile and a "Good morning!" everyday! The hardest part is not knowing if I work or where I work each day. The work place culture changes from school to school, yet always a professional environment. A typical day at work? There is no such thing!! What you learned? Where to begin?...Creating a positive outlook can do wonders...empathy....compassion...time management...prioritizing....information technology....new ways to learn and teach... Management? Self-management as a professional. Administrative duties and government guidelines adhered to.

Pros

Helping young people gain self esteem to achieve.

Cons

Slow advancement. Mired in government red tape.

Alternative Education -providing resources

• Leveraging effective relationships with challenged students to initiate problem-solving, and communication abilities and propel enhanced productivity • Maintaining a reputation for presentation skills, cultivating a solid history of productivity and innovation for all students to excel

Pros

Off site Campus delivered creativity to student learning

Cons

Attendance issues with students

Jobs at Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board