Brandt
Coronavirus update

Brandt Employee Reviews for Welder

Welder7 reviews
Canada7 reviews
Everyday is always a productive experience considering working with professional co-workers working in a complex building with complex daily task. I still feel working in this site.
Management puts all the burden onto the workers, always adding more and more to the job. Death by a thousand cuts. Nice new shops, tools, and equipment but no money for the workers. Pay scale is all over the place, and workers are pitted against each other. I swear they want you to hate your job. Your good idea is no good until 2 weeks later when it's re-branded as their idea. Worst morale of any place I've worked. Immigrants are paid less than they are worth, and treated like slaves. One was off on disability and they cut off his benefits. You are just a number. It's all about the bottom line.
Pros
I know where not to work now
Cons
Management, benefits, wage scale, conniving managers.
great place to work , did my whole HET apprenticeship there , great coworkers , had a very good schedule , and very understanding service manager , would recommend this company
If your a skilled white welder you wont get hired. They recruit unskilled immigrints that dont know the labour laws. This company is very cheap and run poorly but they charge top dollar for garbage equipment.
Cons
excellent for starting welders cant go wrong working here managers never yelled or lost temper with myself or anyone else i worked with. ruined me for other employers dont know if i can go back to people yelling at me.
Liked working the 10 -4 shift. The shop I worked in had broken concrete floor which Brandt would not fix or get proper cranes even though they were all about safety. Management was always expecting you to work faster but quality was expect to go up. Everything had an expected finish time. Most of the complete times where derived from a guesse as to how fast they wanted it done. Pay was very low to start even though skill was required to do the job and high quality was expected. Managers would promise clients finish dates for orders that where not realistic and pushed you to be faster. Managers couldn't get up for work ! Several times I went home without pay because no one was there to open the shop. Most employees do not speak English but are usually friendly left after I found out that you are going to see a raise of about 40 cents per year if your lucky
Pros
good working hours. supervisors bought us freezes in the summer
Cons
bad pay. unsafe working conditions. poorly managed
was a good working experience, learned alot, met alot of good people