Brand Momentum Inc

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

brandcontractstoreteampayhourcompanytime

Enjoyed various tasks.

Very productive type of work.Not boring and very rewarding work.Very physical but not too much.Worked in bulk food service, which has changed slightly since I was there.

Decent workplace but they don’t offer many hours

The only offer five hour days however it’s a decent pay but not nearly enough hours to pay the bills. The company hires you and you end up working for a third-party companies to promote their product or whatever. My own manager was pretty good. We never got to meet the staff because we all individually worked at different stores. The company doesn’t really give a cow about it employees and they just s on their managers and hassle them

Pros

Short shifts good pay

Cons

Short shifts

Insights into Brand Momentum Inc

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

not a good salary if you work hard or not

they are giving you work as a contractor so end of the year you have to pay your money in lot of taxes its a T4Eits a contract but you can't get enough salary if we sales and orders more because of our hard work

Flexible schedule, attentive management

Love working for BMI. Make your own schedule around your calls. Management is always available if any problem should arise. Fair wages plus mileage. Relaxed but professional

Pros

Flexible hours, mileage, great team

Cons

Good coworkers, bad customers, clueless clients

BMI is great for the open flexibility and independence. Quality of management and supervisors can vary region to region but I haven't met any that weren't super helpful and understanding. Great as a laid-back part-time job with decent pay, though as an "independent contractor" you don't get benefits, don't pay into EI, and have to pay back some of that pay to taxes every year.

Pros

Very flexible hours, independence

Cons

Paid as independent contractor, daily customer interactions can be bad

Do not recommend

The job was advertised as merchandiser but was really a sales job. They always pushed getting a purchase order. The management team I dealt with were nice people but out of touch with reality. They expected people to travel around the city (some days 100+ kms) without any mileage compensation. The starting pay was more then minimum wage but without mileage compensation this rate was cut in half because of the cost of gas. There is very little room for advancement. Every pay was short. They blamed the ‘system’ they used. Pay problems were quickly resolved however it became tedious. It’s a great job for someone looking to get out of the house for a few hours a week. If you are trying to support yourself this is not the company.

Pros

Cons

No mileage compensation, No benefits, Have to supply your own device to capture pics & reports, Management doesn’t care about employees. Only interested in getting orders.

Excellent Company

I was pleased with my experience at this company. Hours, however, are not accurate due to organizational issues. Staff is friendly. Pay is generally generous and on time. Company is understanding about scheduling and travel pay. There are consistent opportunities for part-time work of many types.

Pros

Many

Cons

Organizational issue

See below

My dad always said that if have nothing good to say, don’t say anything Just look at the ratingsDo not support staffDon’t care about staff Don’t pay for all hours of work

Pros

Cons

Not paid for hours worked

Official response from Brand Momentum Inc

23 March 2021
Hi there, I am very sorry to hear about the negative experience you have had at Brand Momentum. Our payroll team always strives to ensure that everyone is paid for the time they have put in. If you could provide some detail via email, it would be very helpful and we would like to ensure that you are paid for your time worked. The best email to use is joinus@brandmomentum.ca it can be addressed to Nitika Minhas. Thank you.

Beware, do more work than get pay for.

Beware. As a merchandiser I got more work than got pay for doing, I must get all the work done within certain amount of time which was usually not enough time, for example, two hours of work condensed into one hour, worked two hours but got pay for only one hour. Not a regular job, I was a contractor not an employee, they gave more work than could be done within the paid timeframe. Some works took hours to do but they pay only one hour.By using me as a contractor not an employee they don't have to follow Canada government's labor law. There is no vacation pay, overtime pay and employee benefits. Because it was not a typical job I would not qualify for Employment Inaurance.Other ex-workers also left negative comments about this company, such as didn't get pay. The company refuse to pay me for some hours I worked but there is nothing I can do about it because the job was not under the labour law.

Pros

Usually work alone without supervision.

Cons

They pack tons of work into small amount of time, great job if you are a superman with 8 arms and 4 legs.

Good for those who can't wake up by alarm anymore

The best thing about working here is flexibility. Management is alright, no pressure at all as long as you do what needed. Great as a part time job, but you will definitely need a car, gas is on you.

A good part-time job

Brand Momentum is a good place to start working if you are studying. The job is flexible and wages are better than the ones offered by other employers

Pros

Good wages and flexibility

Cons

It is just a job to pay the bills, not suited for people looking for professional growth nor development.

A good introduction to the marketing industry

Managment is very approachable Hourly pay is very good, however depending on contract extras like mileage isnt as competitive. Lots of various contract to apply for with BMI

Overall.good company to work for

Ok if you never want to see your employer. Everything done through emails.paid on time for sampling but you have to buy the product then get reimbursed which hurts the wallet if you work 3 days in a row.

Very Unorganized

Worked as a merchandiser in Owen Sound. Very little training, LOTS of heavy lifting in a very confined space which makes lifting product safely nearly impossible. No benefits, contract work. They paid on time, as per schedule. Fairly flexible hours.

Company thinks they own u and dont pay Money that is owed to u.

This company pays well and thats about it but will not pay you your last check,that's them being thieves. They dont tax your pay so you end up screwed come income tax. Walmart management acts like they own u, walk all over you, and the company does nothing about it. Other than the pay. This Company is a massive let down,and selfish demanding ppl. They say flexible hours but tell u what day what time and where to be like thats not flexibility. Don't get fooled by these guys.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Walmarr management demands

Official response from Brand Momentum Inc

17 January 2020
I apologize for the bad experience you've had. We pride ourselves in clarity when an Independent Contract is signed. As an IC you are able to write off your expenses which cover owed taxes. If you have not been paid your final pay till date, please reach out to us at our monitored email, joinus@brandmomentum.ca

Working in association with Walmart

Walmart management-hard to please annoying-at-best Brand Momentum Inc. team-lead and regional managers always there to help- good support-always, great understanding

Pros

independent-schedule, good-pay

Cons

heavy-work

Don’t tell people that they have the freedom to choose their schedule when they dont

When I was interviewed they mentioned that I would be able to choose my own schedule then they gave me solid strict schedule. It was a complete lie and waste of time. If I’m not in my store by 9/10 on the days they want me there. I get spammed with phone calls and threats that they are looking for my replacement.

Pros

Decent pay, the supervisors at bmi are friendly

Cons

Terrible hours/scheduling, Horrible supervisors at your work location, They treat you differently because you don’t work for them and are a hired from a different company

Independent Contractor Position but legally should be considered employees

Hired as a independent contractor but am told when to be in stores and have to clock in and out. No control over orders as management places them for you without knowledge and you take the flack from store managers. No benefits, no employment security or employee protection standards. Day starts at 7am Monday Wednesday and Friday with 15 hours allocated per week. Don't be surprised when managers are calling you outside of these hours and expecting you to drop everything and respond to there demands.

Pros

I thought it was a independent role

Cons

Turned out to be a employee role with none of the benefits

Hourly wage is competitive

They try to accommodate you. Their response time is not good. They do not pay for travel time or mileage. There is lack of communication between team members and management.

Cons

No compensation for mileage or time.

Great team to work with

Brand momentum has a great management team that is always helping you to get the job done in a good and efficient manner. Each day could be different based on whichever contract you're working on. Great communication for each new contract job and good salary per contract.

Pros

constant changing work environment

Cons

Its contract work so sometimes theres more work and sometimes its slow

Worst place to work

Stay away! Brand momentum condones harassment and discrimination in the workplace. They set standards they cannot reach. They will not pay you the wages you are owed.

Pros

Cons

Bad management, does not pay wages, workplace harassment, discrimination

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brand Momentum Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement