Brand Momentum Inc

Brand Momentum Inc Management reviews

Canada102 reviews

Clear

brandcontractstoreteampayhourcompanytime

Some projects fun not all

Depends on projects and management wether job is secure.This place focuses on business change without much notice Team leads not all but some not trust worthy

Happy since day 1

It's a great job, period. If a person likes merchandising, it's a perfect balance of hands on and data capture.Scheduling, preparation info takes a bit of time but becomes a nice working pace as you can easily keep organized. Management and co-workers are all very happy to help anytime.

Pros

Great support whenever needed for sure.

Cons

None - honestly, after 4 years with Brand Momentum.

Insights into Brand Momentum Inc

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Great Company Overall

Amazing company to work for, great culture and upper management trusted me to run the program. Amazing to work for a place when I know I am secured and taken care of. However, client ran the program by their rules making it hard to plan which often made it hard to mitigate or prepare for problems which created a lot of stress. Overall loved everything on the Brand Momentum side, not so much on the client.

Marchandiseuse

Je ne recommande pas du tout brand momemtun .j'avais de la difficulté à me faire payer . ces pas motivant et non appréciés de la compagnie .Il essaie de faire une équipe le fun .Mais il na pas de structure dans cette compagnie. On ne peut même pas communiquer avec les RH. Bref c'est pas du tout comme je m'attendais. Jespere que ça vous aideras à faire les bon choix.

Work independently

Be as creative as you like & work with local management to create displays. Keep stock fresh & available to increase sales. Order stock as needed to have the correct balance of product that would sell in the area being serviced.

Pros

Work your on your own schedule

Flexible schedule, attentive management

Love working for BMI. Make your own schedule around your calls. Management is always available if any problem should arise. Fair wages plus mileage. Relaxed but professional

Pros

Flexible hours, mileage, great team

Flexible hours

..excellent top management ..could have better team leads having regular informative meetings and better one on one visits on educating new employees. More mentorship from top management in person sharing tips and ideas in the work place.

Good coworkers, bad customers, clueless clients

BMI is great for the open flexibility and independence. Quality of management and supervisors can vary region to region but I haven't met any that weren't super helpful and understanding. Great as a laid-back part-time job with decent pay, though as an "independent contractor" you don't get benefits, don't pay into EI, and have to pay back some of that pay to taxes every year.

Pros

Very flexible hours, independence

Cons

Paid as independent contractor, daily customer interactions can be bad

Do not recommend

The job was advertised as merchandiser but was really a sales job. They always pushed getting a purchase order. The management team I dealt with were nice people but out of touch with reality. They expected people to travel around the city (some days 100+ kms) without any mileage compensation. The starting pay was more then minimum wage but without mileage compensation this rate was cut in half because of the cost of gas. There is very little room for advancement. Every pay was short. They blamed the ‘system’ they used. Pay problems were quickly resolved however it became tedious. It’s a great job for someone looking to get out of the house for a few hours a week. If you are trying to support yourself this is not the company.

Pros

Cons

No mileage compensation, No benefits, Have to supply your own device to capture pics & reports, Management doesn’t care about employees. Only interested in getting orders.

Resistance is Futile

They'll throw you away if you don't conform regardless of your hard work and dedication. Despite being a great Merchandiser they threw me away because I refused to undertake a project that I was not hired to do.

Pros

time management

Cons

dictators

See below

My dad always said that if have nothing good to say, don’t say anything Just look at the ratingsDo not support staffDon’t care about staff Don’t pay for all hours of work

Pros

Cons

Not paid for hours worked

23 March 2021
Hi there, I am very sorry to hear about the negative experience you have had at Brand Momentum. Our payroll team always strives to ensure that everyone is paid for the time they have put in. If you could provide some detail via email, it would be very helpful and we would like to ensure that you are paid for your time worked. The best email to use is joinus@brandmomentum.ca it can be addressed to Nitika Minhas. Thank you.

Do not recommend

They give you so much work for little pay and won’t have anyone to help you .don’t know how to treat employees and they send countless emails everyday of things you have to do and honestly you have to be superman to do it .hated working here almost broke my back I don’t recommend working here I would rather clean the bottom of the ocean floor

Pros

Cons

Long hours and little pay

Great management team

It might take time for someone new in merch industry to learn all there is to know, once you do, Work is easy and manageable, Walmart management team may sometimes be hard to deal with but it's part of the job.

Good for those who can't wake up by alarm anymore

The best thing about working here is flexibility. Management is alright, no pressure at all as long as you do what needed. Great as a part time job, but you will definitely need a car, gas is on you.

They were a good company to work for

I enjoyed the fast paced nature, and it was fun learning about new products. The management style left a lot to be desired, but they were improving, and have hopefully stepped up their game even more.

A puppet company

A puppet company , Managers that didn’t listen to their employees they overworked us paid us for 37.5 hours per week for a job that lasted a minimum of 50 hours as well as made us work with awful employees of part nerd companies like Nestlé which is a money hungry conglomerate company with no regard for their employees well-being

17 January 2020
I am sorry to hear experience you had with us. The goal is to have work-life balance, and for an individual to be paid for their hard work. We would like to chat with you further to understand the situation, I would welcome you reaching out to us at joinus@brandmomentum.ca

Horrible culture of Bullies

Do not recommend working there. Hypocritical culture of fake goodness. the reality is they treat their people like garbage, they dont pay market rates.

Avoid Working Here

They will say anything to get you in the door and then over time will add to your workload without any pay increase. If you're asked or expected to work overtime they do not compensate. They do not honour your initial hiring contract and will shift you around from one department to the next, making employees feel disposable. Turnover is extremely high as well. Would not recommend this agency.

Company thinks they own u and dont pay Money that is owed to u.

This company pays well and thats about it but will not pay you your last check,that's them being thieves. They dont tax your pay so you end up screwed come income tax. Walmart management acts like they own u, walk all over you, and the company does nothing about it. Other than the pay. This Company is a massive let down,and selfish demanding ppl. They say flexible hours but tell u what day what time and where to be like thats not flexibility. Don't get fooled by these guys.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Walmarr management demands

17 January 2020
I apologize for the bad experience you've had. We pride ourselves in clarity when an Independent Contract is signed. As an IC you are able to write off your expenses which cover owed taxes. If you have not been paid your final pay till date, please reach out to us at our monitored email, joinus@brandmomentum.ca

Don't waste your time..

WOW What can I say. While scrolling through these comments there seems to be a common denominator. Poor management and they do not pay!?!?!?? I couldn't agree more! I was informed at 10:50pm on a Sunday evening via email, that my contract had ended and would not be renewed effected that next day Monday! What decent manager does that? I had 3 stores (2 large and 1 small) The manager took one of the large strores away and hired a new merchandiser. Never told me they had done this. I only found out when I walked into the store and to my surprise I had been replaced, with new person. My hours went from 30 down to 15 per week. When I called the manager to inquire wtf was going on, he easily lied to me and told me he had already inform me of this---LIES! When my hours were reduced they claimed that their payroll was "switching over and aligning itself with corporate"---A fancy way of saying- screw you we aren't paying you. I too am one of the persons that did not get paid. Sill owe me a weeks pay. I contacted Ministry of Labour and they state that because I was an "independent contractor" I have no rights as an employee would have. These companies know this. This is why you see more and more jobs for independent contractors. I have thought of taking them to small claims court, but it probably wouldn't be worth the headache!!! my advise Stay away from this company!!!

very enjoyable work

The management was quick to make decisions and treated me very well, I only left this job to move to NB to be closer to my daughter. Great work , I loved it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brand Momentum Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement