Brand Momentum Inc Employee Reviews

Don’t tell people that they have the freedom to choose their schedule when they dont
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
When I was interviewed they mentioned that I would be able to choose my own schedule then they gave me solid strict schedule. It was a complete lie and waste of time. If I’m not in my store by 9/10 on the days they want me there. I get spammed with phone calls and threats that they are looking for my replacement.
Pros
Decent pay, the supervisors at bmi are friendly
Cons
Terrible hours/scheduling, Horrible supervisors at your work location, They treat you differently because you don’t work for them and are a hired from a different company
Independent Contractor Position but legally should be considered employees
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  GTA21 September 2018
Hired as a independent contractor but am told when to be in stores and have to clock in and out.
No control over orders as management places them for you without knowledge and you take the flack from store managers.
No benefits, no employment security or employee protection standards.
Day starts at 7am Monday Wednesday and Friday with 15 hours allocated per week. Don't be surprised when managers are calling you outside of these hours and expecting you to drop everything and respond to there demands.
Pros
I thought it was a independent role
Cons
Turned out to be a employee role with none of the benefits
horrible management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
very unprofessional company to work with they lie about the hours y get they put a lot of pressure on you to meet sales even just as a merhcandiser. management is very arrogant lies to you they will replace in a heartbeat give you a day notice
Worst company to work for. You’ve been warned.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 July 2018
This company is the most unprofessional and unethical. They do not care about you. All they care is the bottom line. They hide behind a policy of “goodness” but are hateful and discriminatory. They will also not pay you after you’ve work for them. This company is a disgrace to the industry. Many people have filed complaints against them. Management has no idea what they are doing. There’s a reason you always see the same positions being posted, because they cannot keep employees.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, do not pay, unethical.
Official response from Brand Momentum Inc
7 August 2018

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that. Could you please give us more details to understand what happened? Please feel free to contact us: Emmanuel.caron@brandmomentum.ca

We will make sure this never happen again.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Brand Momentum Inc.

Great team to work with
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2018
Brand momentum has a great management team that is always helping you to get the job done in a good and efficient manner. Each day could be different based on whichever contract you're working on. Great communication for each new contract job and good salary per contract.
Pros
constant changing work environment
Cons
Its contract work so sometimes theres more work and sometimes its slow
Always available
Sales - Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON4 June 2018
Field work has challenges, more so now with WM's. Finding the solution is significantly important.
Not to panic, go with the stride when you have no choice. EG. Renovations in a store.
Management is usually very approachable.
The challenge today which is also frustration is when the stock is in the backrm, but unable to get if out on the floor.
The best part of the job is being successful getting displays up by removing the competition, love it...
Stay away. Worst place to work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2018
I will never recommend anyone work for this company. Very unprofessional and tense work environment. No life-work balance. Poor and unsupportive management.
Worst place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
Stay away! Brand momentum condones harassment and discrimination in the workplace. They set standards they cannot reach. They will not pay you the wages you are owed.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, does not pay wages, workplace harassment, discrimination
Team of passionate sales, marketing and retail professionals
Managing Director, Retail Solutions (Current Employee) –  2595 Skymark Avenue, Mississauga, ON12 January 2018
I've been fortunate to have been working on Brand Momentum for more than 3 years in various roles.

I came to the company based on the strength, character and experience of the partners and executives and have learned a great deal. My game has been elevated with coaching and ongoing mentorship.

I am proud to say that Brand Momentum provides market leading career opportunities. I have had 4 different roles within the company starting as Business Development and progressing to my current role as Managing Director, Retail Solutions.

A great company guided by our culture of GOODNESS, you can expect to be treated fairly, work in an environment that respects people, and a company that stands behind their promises.

I personally love the people at Brand Momentum, we have high standards and we work hard and take great pride in all we do. I really enjoy collaborating with our office and field teams across the country to deliver for our clients.
Pros
Company Meetings, Team Activities + Experiences, Company culture, progressive opportunities for growth
amazing company
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
The company is amazing and is willing to work on it's employees.
Would recommend to everyone I know who is interested in getting into marketing or such career paths.
Pros
caring company
Cons
a little hard to navigate the red tape
Mobilité et confiance
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Rimouski, QC7 January 2018
L'entreprise accorde une grande confiance et de la mobilité pour ses travailleurs
Product and fun place to work
National Client Manager - Sales & Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2017
- Fun environment - a passion for people
- Good overall team culture
- Opportunity to grow and develop within
- Long hours necessary to do what it takes to with with clients
Pros
Open concept
Cons
Lack of respect for employees
Sales (Former Employee) –  BC15 November 2017
The company does not communicate properly and they do not respect their employees either. They do not offer growth within the organization what so ever. They do not pay you on time.
Lost its vision
Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2017
Zero work life balance
Women are underpaid compared to male employees
use to be great place to work but they have lost their way striving for the all mighty dollar. it is unfortunate.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
I wished I never worked for them. I did not received my full pay. Will make you work without pay. Poor management and discriminatory practices in workplace.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, discriminatory
Good to get your foot in employment world
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Company has a fun culture.
Work life balance - not so good
Overworked, underpaid
Management is okay (depending on the department you applied)
Not many advancement opportunities
Pros
Perks
Cons
Amazing workplace and co workers
Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2017
Improved my knowledge in development:
C#
HTML5
JQuery
JavaScript
MVC
SQL Server

The company is very flexible about time and also the environment is amazing.
fun culture
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 April 2017
At Brand Momentum Inc. you get the opportunity to get comfortable and learn about the world of Enegagement Marketing and Sales and Merchandising at an intimate level. Everyone is helpful and pleasant. No one is ever discouraging and everyone is eager to help you at any time.
pass
IT Support (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2017
look some other place for your sick, not at place where you can advance career. just complete your hours and go home and forget everything. always a good idea relax
Worst company to work for as a Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2016
This is by far the worst company I have had the displeasure to work for. The management team (or some of them at least) are extremely unorganized and fail to communicate properly with their team.

First issue, after already showing up to the scheduled location with all my marketing material (all very heavy boxes) the manager told me after the shift started (almost 20mins into the shift) that he "forgot to mention" to us the client requested the activation to be done at another location. And since all the marketing material was sent to our homes we had to move everything back and forth due to his lack of communication.

Second issue, I had to (and still am) chasing down my paycheque from them and have had to deal with multiple different people who keep giving me the run around about why I haven't received my payment yet. Their favourite line is telling you to wait another couple of days for it to come and will not actually direct you to a supervisor unless you are very, very persistent. Until now I have still not received this paycheque that was apparently mailed out to me two weeks ago and although I provided them with my direct deposit form a month in advance, I am told different stories from different people from the management team as to what happened with it (in one version they never got it, in another version the document file was corrupt).

They do not offer email transfer and have a very unreliable mail and direct deposit system. They are very comfortable with having you as an employee wait over a week for your paycheque and will offer you no solutions unless
  more... you tell them you will escalate it further.

Overall, I am warning you Brand Momentum is the worst company I have ever worked for and I encourage you to find another more reliable company even if it's just for a short-term contract. You will definitely regret working for these people!!
Pros
Decent pay (if you ever receive it)
Cons
Late payments (and will not bother to help you figure out the reasoning behind it, you'll need to chase them down daily to find out), Highly unorganized, serious lack of communication, lack of respect for brand ambassadors time and hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brand Momentum Inc. Our community is ready to answer.