BrainFinance

BrainFinance Employee Reviews

Great Workplace

- Very helpful management- Culture is amazing- Open to feedback and the very strong teamwork- Growing team- Easy system to navigate and work with- Fast IT assistance- Company is pretty new and there's opportunities for growth

Pros

Family culture, very helpful teammates

Cons

still working on improving processes

Growing Company

The company is growing and continues to expand its clientele and staff. The work-at-home set up promotes employees’ independence while still maintaining open communication with members of different departments and management. Colleagues are quick to offer support and assistance when necessary.

Great place to work!

Great place to work! The management is really accommodating and allowing employees to grow giving them different opportunities. There is no discrimination against employees. There is a good amount of stress level that makes work more satisfying. The managers and CEO's are very much like a family to all of us. I have been with the company for almost 3 years now and I can just say that everyone is amazing in terms of work. Having professional people around makes me better myself until I reach the goal of success.

Pros

working from home, More work flexibility, Improved focus, Social isolation due to the pandemic, saving money not riding a bus to and from the workplace, Location Independence, Positive Environmental Impact, pizza Day!

Cons

Costly equipment, increased electricity bill, Risk of overworking, Risk to productivity, Less face time, increased Sitting Disease, Working Slowly, May have the tendency to be lazy

High level of trust and integrity

The best company I have ever worked for. Gives you the flexibility to scale yourself while choosing the area of expertise you want. Never have I seen the power of putting your people first more actively understood, encouraged, and well executed.

A great place to work!

It is a great pleasure working in Brainfinance where it is a small company, but yet there is so much to offer. This company provides all the things you need and will give 100% support in all the things you do.

Employees' dream company

1. Working environment perfect! 2. colleagues are very friendly and willing to help!3. almost 2 yrs in the company. learned a lot! I got the opportunity from my Operator to promote to team leader and start learning new skills and experiences from her!4. management teams are not top-down management strategies. They are will to hear and give employees more opportunities to talk to make you feel like you are really part of the company!5. everything is perfect! if you work hard. pay your effort on your work and company, you will receive way much more from here more than your effort!!!6. company is growing! way much more opportunity here for people to express themselves. love here.7. important things to say! during the covid 19 difficult situations, the company decides to let all employees work from home at a very early time(starting from only 10 cases in Montreal)! I feel so warm on it. I don't need to be too worried about the hard situation

Pros

environment free drinks snacks

Cons

company is growing not that big as a typical financial institution. That's why opportunities here!

Supportive Environment and Great Place to Grow

The company's emphasis on collaboration is seen on a day to day basis. Employees from different departments do not hesitate to lend each other a hand, which is a huge plus. Senior employees also do not hesitate to help whenever needed.Performance reviews and expectations are clearly communicated and facilitate the employee's growth. Senior management always is open to new ideas from employees, and are inclusive in their decision making.

Remote work is the best!

I would say working for more than one year now that I really belong here. The management help you grow and recognize the effort of your hard work. They think of the safety of everyone that the company did not hesitate to let us work from home when the pandemic first started on 2020. The colleagues were great and fun to work with, they are very supportive. And did I mention that our new office is vey homey. There are a lot of foods(snacks, refreshments etc.) you can also play ping pong during break 😜.

Great Career Starter

My experience with the company is positive. I have a good team leader. Training is a must at this company as policies change every other day for different customer needs. They will help you if you have any questions or anything.

Pros

Great management, Amazing team, Helpful

Cons

Disrespectful customers

Good Work Place

Love working in this place. Although the workload can be overwhelming at times, the managers are doing their best to help out and create ways to make everyone more efficient. Everyone are nice, welcoming and very helpful especially to new employees. The managers are very approachable and listens to employees. Schedule is fixed but my manager is always willing to work with me whenever i need last minute changes. Over all a good place to work at!

Great Place to gain experience and grow as a young professional

I've been with the company for a while now and it's always been a great place to work for. The managers are very supportive and are always willing to listen to suggestions from employees. The other employees are all pleasant to work with and overall a very open and helpful environment.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Wonderful Team Environment and a Management Team who cares about their people

A fun relaxed working environment where everyone is always supportive and helpful from the start date I was hired. Working remotely is fun, and appreciate that we are trusted to work from a distance. Our team meets on a monthly basis, very interactive sessions and our Manager supports us through all aspects of the job. Our coaching sessions are also appreciated and we are recognised on a job well done on a consistent basis. I would highly recommend working for this company where there are a lot of great opportunities and am very grateful to be working with such amazing people and working from home is a huge advantage

Pros

Working from home, great culture, management team very engaged towards people’s success, fun and relaxed environment

Cons

None I can think of

Uncultured Managres

The lower management team is totally ignoring the company's announced or manifested values. Giving favours to the friends and putting pressures on the others is becoming a culture. The agents are coached to without any set or established standards so that they are either forced to leave or keep silence. The managers at the agent's level think that they can do what they want. The most of hardworking employees are not feeling appreciated at all.

Pros

Free gifts here and there

Cons

Excessive work

Worst lower management

This company keeps changing names. The lower management always finds new ways to create stress for the agents even if they are very hard working. There is no scope of your development at this company if you are not a close friend. No recognition, no advancement. They just want to coach you without any set standards because they dislike you on racial grounds.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Too much work and they ask you to do more

great place to get experience

BrainFinance is a great place to get experience. Compared to a large corp like a bank, you are required to do many more projects. Therefore you will know a lot more about how a business will run.

Startup environment

Good place to start ones career. Lot of opportunity to own, perform, deliver and learn. Large customer base to test models. Friendly management team.

excellent company

excellent company and great culture and i learned a lot from this experience.

stimulating and welcoming workplace

I have worked at Brainfinance as a developer for a little over a year and I’ve found it very engaging and rewarding. It’s a fintech company, so they are always looking for ways to make their product more intuitive and modernized. This makes for a thriving team environment with some really talented engineers and developers, so it’s a great place to work if you want a balance of team-driven projects while still having room to hone your own skills. The management is approachable and communicative. There’s free snacks and fresh fruit offered throughout the week, and once a month we have a pizza day for lunch. I feel really satisfied here overall!

Friendly atmosphere and passionate management

I've not worked at Brainfinance for a long time, but i feel very comfortable and confident in my position at the company. I work in the administration department, and i appreciate that while the management is great at clearly communicating what they want from a task, i am given my own flexibility as well and trusted to complete the task efficiently. this has helped me to learn how to work in an office environment and learn all the associated skills at my own pace. my colleagues are all really kind and are always willing to help out when asked. i like that everyone here feels like they are all friends, so there's no tense atmosphere. because of the proximity to many restaurants and cafes you're free to go out for lunch and take a short walk for your break. the office also has a comfortable section with chairs and couches for taking a break or chatting with your team members. there aren't really any drawbacks that are particular to this company; sometimes you have to wait for approval from higher up in order to complete a task but that is the same everywhere and it's part of working as a team. the building is in a neighbourhood where there's a lot of construction so sometimes the water is shut off for a few hours, but that happens very rarely. other than that it's very bright, clean, and conveniently located close to many bus routes and a short walk to the metro.

Pros

veggies once a week, fresh fruit and snacks offered all week, comfortable couches and seating area, nicely kept office space, proximity to restaurants, approachable management, seasonal events, pizza friday once a month, birthday celebrations

Cons

construction in the area

Great Environment

Great working environment full of smart and motivated teammates. Big potential for career development due to its fast-paced growth. Technology stack is awesome!

Extremely unprofessional place

Unprofessional management, the turnover is very high. No policy or clarity on your job description. This company favours french speaking people and people who are close to management.

Pros

Cons

Crazy shifts, no work/life balance, bad location with no parking, no transperansy on company future, unsecured position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrainFinance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2