BrainFinance

BrainFinance Employee Reviews

Friendly atmosphere and passionate management
Administration (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 August 2019
I've not worked at Brainfinance for a long time, but i feel very comfortable and confident in my position at the company. I work in the administration department, and i appreciate that while the management is great at clearly communicating what they want from a task, i am given my own flexibility as well and trusted to complete the task efficiently. this has helped me to learn how to work in an office environment and learn all the associated skills at my own pace.

my colleagues are all really kind and are always willing to help out when asked. i like that everyone here feels like they are all friends, so there's no tense atmosphere. because of the proximity to many restaurants and cafes you're free to go out for lunch and take a short walk for your break. the office also has a comfortable section with chairs and couches for taking a break or chatting with your team members.

there aren't really any drawbacks that are particular to this company; sometimes you have to wait for approval from higher up in order to complete a task but that is the same everywhere and it's part of working as a team. the building is in a neighbourhood where there's a lot of construction so sometimes the water is shut off for a few hours, but that happens very rarely. other than that it's very bright, clean, and conveniently located close to many bus routes and a short walk to the metro.
Pros
veggies once a week, fresh fruit and snacks offered all week, comfortable couches and seating area, nicely kept office space, proximity to restaurants, approachable management, seasonal events, pizza friday once a month, birthday celebrations
Cons
construction in the area
Great Environment
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada20 August 2019
Great working environment full of smart and motivated teammates. Big potential for career development due to its fast-paced growth. Technology stack is awesome!
Extremely unprofessional place
X- staff (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 August 2019
Unprofessional management, the turnover is very high. No policy or clarity on your job description. This company favours french speaking people and people who are close to management.
Pros
Cons
Crazy shifts, no work/life balance, bad location with no parking, no transperansy on company future, unsecured position
Honest Review
Support (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2019
Management feels like family here (They help me answer any questions and concerns, Make me feel like part of the team in helping with side projects and exchanging ideas and providing suggestions, very committed to helping everyone grow and do their best, did I forget? They will also work on weekends to help customer service!! How sweet is that!), Employees are awesome to work with (One word -> TEAMWORK !! When Customer service needs help, all departments will come to the rescue), They Celebrate every employee's Birthday (yummy cakes and cute costumes ). Also, work/life flexibility and always thinking about your well being.

Located in heart of Griffintown (For commuters, 12 minutes walking to metro lucien l'allier, bus/train is almost same distance as metro, Summer access to Bixi bikes just 1 block away from work), Fast Foods, Restaurants and Bars for after work hangout and a Metro supermarket for all your grocery needs are just a walking distance away, including a vegan restaurant for us meatless eaters) , Free Pizza on Fridays of every month
Pros
Free Healthy snacks (Bananas, Apples, Carrots, and Broccoli/Cauliflower and Sugar Snacks for those energy boosters when we need it (Like Cookies, Candies and other delights), You do have insurance and vacation pay
Cons
While construction in Montreal is never ending, there are new developments around the surrounding areas with roads, parks and apartments/condos, for drivers, parking will be a bit of a nuance. Hopefully, when development is finished, drivers will have more access to parking space.
Nice environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 June 2019
I have been working at this company for 4 years now and really enjoy working here. They have a great working environment, a lot of growth opportunities and competitive salaries. The management team is very supportive and actually cares about their employees, which makes a big difference coming to work!
I am very grateful for the opportunity BrainFinance
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 October 2018
“I am very grateful for the opportunity BrainFinance has given me to discover my hidden skills and gain experience in the industry. I am happy to work in a team that, despite the challenges of a growing company, still manages to preserve a hands-on, practical mentality”
Pros
company that supports and believes in their staff
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrainFinance. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3