Braber Equipment Employee Reviews

Customs Clerk
Customs Clerk / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 October 2018
Would rather not comment as it was not a positive experience and I do not feel that this job position reflects my expectations and my work ethic as I do not feel the companies ethics matched my own personal beliefs and integrity.
Pros
Cons
various
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 May 2017
I've been working in this place for almost 10 years and I'm still enjoying it. The atmosphere is always great...People always help each other out and it makes your job easier. If you are looking for work and have a lot of energy this is a good place to work. It's always busy so you will never get bored. Managers are great people to work with, fair and reasonable.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 April 2017
I worked for Braber Equipment / BE Pressure Supply for four years and had a very good experience. If you work hard, do a good job, show ambition and have a good attitude there is always room for growth in the company. I was promoted four times in three years. My coworkers were the best group of people I have ever worked with; upbeat, very friendly and efficient. I was always treated very well by management and I have always found them to be fair. They were very graceful and supportive of me when I was going through some personal issues and I really appreciated that. I’m no longer with the company, but would be happy to be a part of the team again in the future if the opportunity arises.
Great team, room to grow
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 April 2017
I have worked for the Braber Group for several years and have enjoyed my time there. With a positive attitude and a good work ethic, there is room to grow within the company.
The work environment is friendly, positive and professional. You will be required to work hard and take initiative, but it will be noticed. The team atmosphere means there is always someone to ask for input or support.
Overall, great people to work with.
Dead End
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 April 2017
Only hire you until your probation is up and then let you go....revolving door for forklift operators. Don't waste your time. They are not setting you up for success, if you're not part of the internal clique you won't last long.
Worst place ever
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 January 2017
Until nick is gone this place is a garbage place to work at...management is horrible the regular people who you work with are excellent
Will be treated fairly if you have good work ethic
front office (Former Employee) –  abbotsford23 September 2015
Good crew to work with.

Overtime opportunities and fair compensation with opportunities to grow within the company.

You will work hard, but the days go quickly
Pros
great people
Cons
very busy
Terrible people, terrible place
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 September 2015
I worked for Braber Equipment for two days, and what a festival of poo it was.

Braber has two divisions, the equipment division that sells farm machinery, and BE Pressure Group that imports pressure washers and distributes them to Home Depot and other big box stores. I was interviewed by a corporate HR guy at the Pressure Group building for a job at the farm equipment location. It was supposed to be for an inside sales position, they had a guy who would be retiring in a couple years and needed to train a replacement.

I showed up at the job ready to work in the office, dressed in slacks and a nice shirt, dress shoes. The branch manager was away so I was put under the supervision of the outside sales guy, who I guess is also an assistant manager. He told me I would be working in the warehouse, sorting parts into bins. OK, out to the back I went. It was mind numbingly boring work but I did a good job, worked hard. At lunch I went home to change into more appropriate clothes for manual labour. The day ended, I met with the sales guy to talk. He asked how I liked it, I kinda shrugged and said it was ok, not what I expected to be doing based on the job description I was given by HR.

The next day I showed up, was again put straight to work in the warehouse. People in the back kept asking if I was the new receiver, I told them no, I was hired for inside sales, they just wanted me to start in warehouse to get to know the business. Through out the day I couldn't help but notice people mocking the sales guy, he was not liked by anyone in the back it seemed. Anyway the day ended,
  more... I was called into the office by the sales guy and told I was fired. He found me insubordinate and unwilling to work. This ticked me off because I had actually worked like a dog for the last two days, busting my butt.

I emailed the HR guy the next day to plead my case, but he said Sales Guy was a long time member of their team and his judgement was completely trusted. I was out.
Pros
Cons
You better smile as you eat the poo they hand you
Family ran company with no employee values!
Happy X employee (Former Employee) –  BC2 October 2013
BEWARE WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY! If you are willing to be a puppet on a string and do as you are told to do then you will work out fine. Don't suggest new ideas or do work the way in which you like to do your work because they will show you the door in a heart beat and not think twice about doing so. NO RESPECT!!!
Cons
pay rate is horrible
Small, family company with success for relatives only.
Sales & Marketing Team (Former Employee) –  BC1 May 2012
Not strategic or focused
Plans made over the dinner table
Uncreative
Too structured for a small company
Resting on it's laurels
Uncommunicative senior management
Pros
probably won't be there long
Cons
don't learn anything