Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Great and fun place to work
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 April 2018
The kids are awesome and full of creativity and joy, the management is fun and welcoming, they listen to what you have to say and let you take charge in some cases.
Pros
great fun place
Great and fun environment
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 April 2018
The job it self is great and lots of fun however, it's only seasonal and after school. I am looking for a summer employment to continue to save for my future.
Pros
Life skills
Cons
Seasonal
Great Place to help build work experience
Stampede work experience (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2018
Good work hours for everyone, a great job for both novice and experienced workers alike. There is a great amount of respect between the supervisors and workers
Cons
nothing
Just an Amazing Environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 March 2018
Clean, fun, and welcoming environment to work in. The staff is great and the kids are spectacular. It feels good to be apart of the team and to help the kids out.
Pros
Free Food and Activities
Cons
Small Facilities
great place to work
Youth Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON8 March 2018
great learning experiences and definitely builds great team working skills. overall a great place to work with others and gain new skills to take with you.
Fun work environment
Intermediate Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
The Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa is an amazing place to work at. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The job itself is very rewarding as we get to make a difference in the lives of many children.
Good Place
PROGRAMME COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 March 2018
A good place to work for when kids can spend time in the areas of sports, arts & craft as well as fitness and other things kids to. A good three years working there.
meeting new people
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON22 February 2018
my typicaal day at work would be meeting cute little children.
i earned how to take care of children '
management was okay
it had many diffrent kids with diffrent cultures
the hardest part was being serious
was having fun with the kids
Pleasant and calm atmosphere
Administrative Support (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2018
I did my professional internship as an administrative support in Boys & Girls. From the beginning, my boss was very cordial and cooperative.
During my internship I had the freedom to work independently, thanks to the trust that my boss gave me from the beginning.
Thanks to this work opportunity, I reaffirmed the importance of confidentiality, freedom, harmony and cooperativity.
What I most enjoyed working here was how the hours go by harmoniously. You could feel a fun but productive work environment.
The most difficult thing was when my last day of internship arrived because there were no vacancies available at that time to be able to apply.
Pros
The work schedule
Cons
The distance from my house
fun
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2018
was a nice place to work. A lot of activities for children of all races. Very friendly place to work. Pay was not that great with no benefits. good management
Pros
kind people
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to work
PR intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
As one could expect from working for a non-profit that's been around for years and years, they've got a great environment that has framework put in place for your work day to flow with ease.
Best place to work with as the organization serves the children and the youth of the community
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB1 February 2018
Fun place to work, excellent support from the co-workers and the Executive Director of the club. Learned to work without supervision and learned to work with the non-profit organization, also learned to manage all the Organization's bookkeeping and payroll duties.
The hardest part of the job till now is to take decisions relating to my job duties and auditing part on few occasions & also to figure out to fix the problems by own.
Volunteer
Volunteer-Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC22 January 2018
Great place to volunteer and make a difference in the lives of children. Did volunteer hours here so that i could go back to college for child and youth
A fun job with plenty of learning opportunities
Program Activity Leader (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 January 2018
A normal day of work consists of organizing your your menu and activity plan for the kids that day followed by attendance, a brief activity and whatever you have planned for that day. I learned a lot about teamwork and child care whilst doing this job and found the work and relationships I was forming very useful. You work with one other person but eventually meet the others on your team while doing training and attending work functions. The most difficult part of the job is gaining control of the kids but it comes in time. Overall the good outweighs the the bad and I'm certain anyone applying there will enjoy their duties and coworkers.
Pros
Paid training days
Cons
frequent commuting
summer/ fall and winter camp leader with children
Club Leader (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON16 January 2018
Boys and Girls Club of Peel was a positive and uplifting place to be. Its a non profit organization that looks out for the better of children in tough neighbourhoods. Here my co-workers and myself would plan arts and crafts and games to do with the children for four days of the week in the summer. It was an accepting place and a place for children to have fun and get out of the house for the summer. The most enjoyable part was seeing the children and knowing they had fun and enjoyed their day
Volunteer
Volunteer-Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC14 January 2018
It is a great place to volunteer. I learned how to be a team leader and work with children while having fun. I was able to gain volunteer hours for school
Great atmosphere
Intermediate Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2018
Fun place to work with youth and gain experience in working with various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. Flexible hours and friendly staff make a great work atmosphere.
Bgckl
Lindsay - Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK3 January 2018
All staff are kind and caring towards all children who are amazing individuals. Every child has something special about hem and it's amazing to connect with those kids and get to know them. Supervisors are ALWAYS supportive to staff and youth as well.
Pros
Enjoyable shifts no matter the day
Cons
You don't get many hours
horrible place
Camp Counselor And Senior Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB30 December 2017
unfair treatment, favoritism, horrible management, they were never accommodating, and they never followed their rules and protocols, this was in the city of Airdrie location in Alberta Canada.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad leadership, unfair treatment
Great memories of working here
Leadership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB29 December 2017
The days were sometimes long and intense, but overall, working with the kids and the organization was a great experience where I was able to learn a great deal.
Pros
fun activities
Cons
low salary