Bowen Group Employee Reviews

Highly recommend
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2019
This recruiting firm gave me access to great opportunities at companies I otherwise wouldn't have even been able to get my foot in the door. They are connected to some of the best employers in the country, and it's worth doing temporary assignments. It definitely helps you improve your resume and gain access to full-time positions.
Pros
Job opportunities
Cons
Roles aren't all full-time
15 February 2019

Thank you for your glowing review! We're so pleased to hear you found the temporary roles rewarding. We couldn't agree more - these temporary assignments at top Canadian companies certainly help candidates gain rewarding work experience and access to full-time positions. Thanks again for your positive feedback, we look forward to working with you in the future.

So helpful in finding me a job
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2019
This agency is the best for helping you find a job in Canada. Their recruiters are so nice and really go above and beyond with interview prep, resume support. I feel that they genuinely care about people.
15 February 2019

Wow, thank you for recognizing BOWEN Group as the best recruiting firm in Canada! This just made our day. We're thrilled to hear you found our interview preparation and resume assistance valuable, and that our recruiters' care and support helped you land a job. Thanks again for this glowing review, we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

over all good experience
file clerk for Enform TAB Contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2019
Over all, good experience with Bowen. And for the most part I have enjoyed the assignments that they have had. I would recommencement for the most part to those who are looking for temporary work.
Pros
flexible
Cons
could be stretches between assignments
12 February 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're happy to hear you found your assignments rewarding and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

Very helpful in landing you a job
Accounting and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2018
When I went for my interview with them, I was not used to the ways of interviews and stuttered through the questions they asked me. Despite that, they still looked at my qualifications, helped me with my replies and put me through for a permanent position interview. Not only that, but she helped me fix my resume professionally, and taught me what questions I needed to have answers ready for. Their testing for abilities was also easy to complete and they gave you your scores through email, which isn’t what a lot of other recruitment agencies have. If my current position ever fails, I hope they will help me find a new one.
Pros
Helpful, they get back to you by phone, will look at which role is best suited for you
flights
Equipment Operator/Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2018
bowen was a contractor for Encana Encana was great to work for.they had good benefits with direct flights to and from work, good pay a 10-4 shift did not leave much time for home life
Love them
Various Office Administration Roles (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2018
When the economy downturn happened, my comfy 9-5 job was cut to hours I couldnt manage. I walked into Bowen and that was in 2011, since then, they have made sure I continue to have top temp positions, that are not only fun, but pay well. They have amazing communication, and really only pair you with employers and jobs that meet your experience. No surprises. Plus the team at Bowen is caring, and really go the extra step to help. Could not say enough about them. If your looking for temp work, or just trying to get back into the workforce, this agency is one of the top.
Pros
paid weekly, great recruiters, fair pay
27 August 2018

Wow, thank you for your lovely review. We're pleased to hear our team is helping you find fun and rewarding positions. We couldn't agree more - BOWEN's recruiters are very caring and always ready to go the extra mile. Thanks again for your amazing feedback, we look forward to continuing to find you new and exciting positions.

Excellent
Temporary Contract Reception/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2018
I have had a great experience with this company in gaining more administrative skills. I was even able to land a temp. full time job for approximately 6 months. As a person getting back into the work force this has been an ideal way for me to gain experience in a variety of environments.
Pros
Gain a variety of skill and knowledge
Cons
You never know when you will get a chance to work.
Bad bad bad
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
This is a company with the worst possible clients. I was previously on a contract with them and they only had me for 6 months. They could not get anything right. Whenever I called or emailed they would take days to reply and couldn't fix any issues with payment etc. STAY AWAY
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, bad service
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2016
i met new people
i had the opportunity to be part of the golf tournament at work
i provided high quality customer service and dealt with customer refunds
i also learned more things about golf games
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short period
Bowen
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
In my many years with Bowen, I have always found them to be amazing with my placements. Very dependable and always incredible job prospects.
Bowen
Manager, Contract Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2016
The people are very nice to work with. It is a small company so the opportunities for growth and advancement are limited.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
limited opportunities
Great Place to work in
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB13 October 2015
I was assigned to a document control project assisting a company meet its project deadlines in categorizing Petroleum Company files.i Learned their input system in softtrac document control software and how the their methods of operating where. I was assigned to wherever was needed in order to meet project deadlines. My hardest part was on slow day when there was not much to do, i liked keeping busy.The most enjoyable was that all coworkers and staff were friendly and always encouraged us to reach our full potential.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough work
Exellent experience
Admin (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2015
Because it is a temp agency, I worked in different locations doing different jobs which gave me some valuable experiences and knowledge. I got to see different aspects of Calgary.
Unprofessional staff
Candidate with no jobs offered (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2015
Such an UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF. What kind of management skills do you learn at your company?? At least have the courtesy to reply back your candidates. I would never recommend this company to anyone who is desperately in need of work. Look for better staffing agencies and AVOID them at all costs.
Pros
Cons
very unhelpful
Always good work
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2015
The jobs I was placed at were pretty productive, fun places to be and I learned quite a bit. They are also a good group of people to work for.
Bowen is understanding and helpful
Contract - Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2015
My day's representing Bowen are going on short assignment jobs for different companies. I find the jobs easy. It is great to meet new people with these short assignments.
Pros
Work close to home
Cons
Not many long assignments
Amazing company and people
Document Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2015
Through Bowen I was contracted out to Cenovus Energy. Cenovus is an excellent company and I loved the people I worked with.
Administrtion
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary5 September 2014
Editing documents, preparing advisories and alerts. Assisting in meeting requests and meeting minutes. Document control, training preparations.
Pros
Work hard at my own pace
Cons
Distractions
Great company
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2014
Overall a great company to work for.

Positive work environment
Treat their employees very well
Exceptional role models to learn from
Pros
Great team building activities
Lots of temporary opportunities
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2013
Plenty of employment opportunities and assignments with this company.
Pros
Decent Wage, Flexible Assignments/Positions