Bow Valley College Employee Review

View all Bow Valley College reviews

Good Company
Advising Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB16 April 2013
I really enjoyed being an employee at Bow Valley College the staff was amazing very friendly and easy to work with, my typical day would be dealing with students and booking appointments for the Student funding advisors as well as enter and map IPL's (individual learning plans) for the students, I learnt numerous items Office tracker which was for the advisors for there appointment, Agresso which is a student data base. the hardest part of my job was sometimes dealing with angry students when they couldn't get what they wanted. the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the students and the staff being able to help people and using my problem solving skills when needed.
Pros
people i worked with and dealt with
Cons
unsure of job security

Other Bow Valley College Employee Reviews

Great setting to teach and team work.
CPR instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2018
I come in about one saturday a month to teach a class of up to 24 with a partner teacher. We teach and test the class with great results, and then sanitize the equiptment. Pay is electronic and the team that I work with is amazing friendly and passionate.
Pros
I set the pace of my classroom
Cons
I don't get paid for set up and tear down time
Wonderful Experience
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2018
Although only with Bow Valley College for a short period, the office culture was welcoming and willing to assist when able. I gain valuable work experience during my time.