Bow Valley College Employee Review

View all Bow Valley College reviews

Nice re-design of the original campus, with a nice new south campus across the street.
Senior Digital Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was the personal face to face interaction with the instructors as they requested the production of their daily learning materials.
A typical day at work involved the aforementioned learning materials, curriculum production for certain departments and the BVC Bookstore.
The hardest part of the job was finding solutions and negotiating compromises in situations where the workload and deadlines were above our production capabilities.
My co-workers were generally very good people to work with and the atmosphere was generally congenial.
Over the course of my 11 years there I learned that the people who are the functional core of the education system (instructors, admin., admin. support, shippers/receivers) share the common thread of existing for the purpose of educating the students.
Management probably has good intentions, but may have displaced the core values of the secondary education system for other priorities. That is a perception that each individual must reflect upon relative to their own personal situation in the context of working in a secondary educational institution.
Pros
My job had clear definition and expectations, defined by our employee agreement between the AUPE and Bow Valley College.
Cons
Out - sourcing - - my job and others were outsourced due to a change in management philosophy.

Other Bow Valley College Employee Reviews

Productive Work environment
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2018
Aiding students in student in subjects they are struggling with such as Accounting and Business Communication.
Allowing students to understand the subjects they are weak in.
amazing staff and amazing students
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current) (Current Employee) –  Canmore, AB26 April 2018
This is my current job, and I love love love my job so much, the manager I work for is the best I ever had, my co workers are the best I ever worked with. I wouldn't have asked for a better job. This is the best job I ever had and I couldn't have been so blessed and lucky to work for Bow Valley College.
Pros
Beautiful view of the mountains
Cons
No cons