Bow Valley College Employee Reviews for Instructor

See reviews about:
Great setting to teach and team work.
CPR instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2018
I come in about one saturday a month to teach a class of up to 24 with a partner teacher. We teach and test the class with great results, and then sanitize the equiptment. Pay is electronic and the team that I work with is amazing friendly and passionate.
Pros
I set the pace of my classroom
Cons
I don't get paid for set up and tear down time
Very supportive workplace.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB29 December 2017
I was given freedom to develop and research my requirements for my program, and felt that my opinion was wanted. Bow Valley College was an excellent mentor.
Loyalty NOT rewaded
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
I was let go as an instructor at BVC after more than five years for no reason and no cause with only two days notice. Unprofessional management was the norm during my time in my department, as they didn't promote people to supervisory positions according to management skills.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits if you get full-time work
Cons
Limited chances for advancement, poor middle management, staff so big that you are a number.
Great
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Bow Valley College was a wonderful place to work.
The people there were fantastic and most of the management team is incredibly approachable.
Many members of the management trust you to get your job done and trust that you are capable of completing work with little or no supervision.
The most frustrating part of working at the college is its downtown location. Calgary transit can be incredibly unreliable and shuts down more than is acceptable for a large city. Parking is very expensive and the traffic is ridiculous.
The people that you work with and the students make up for this. The students are incredibly appreciative and hard working. Bow Valley College has a high standard and demands excellence from its students.
Pros
students
Cons
commute downtown Calgary
Good benefits, good pay, management is hopeless
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2013
Working at BVC means working with people who really care about you and support you. For some reason, this most definitely does not extend to the management team. They are unfocussed, biased, and uncommunicative in the extreme.