Bow Valley College

Bow Valley College Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
Pretty good place for a career.
-Well staffed
-Plenty of work

-Generally positive atmosphere

-Friendly coworkers/staff

-Provided needed PPE/equipment for work

-Help easily found when needed
Excellent experience
Open door policy
Supportive management

Professional development opportunities

Inclusive work environment

Flexible working hours and conditions

Overall; great place
very nice.
My experience was very good. I recommend bow valley to everyone. Not only it is good for working. it is very good college for higher study. I like the structure of all diploma programs at Bow Valley
fun to work for
nice place to work for. lot of documents to upload and to change their names and put them in respective folders. fast paced, lot of things to learn. had fun
In my role at Bow Valley College I would provide relevant and timely information to perspective and current learners accurate implement implementation of regional registration process is: register students for programs, courses, and/or workshops at regional sites.
Excellent place to work
Bow valley college is an excellent employer. Lots of challenging work, and amazing people to collaborate and work with. They take care of their team to ensure that they have all the tools to succeed, and in doing so, put students in the best environment to be their best. Excellent, supportive, professional, and fun organization to work with.
Busy, but rewarding
Teaching load is big, but management is great. Lots of admin, prep is involved.
Sometimes class sizes are 24-25, which is a challenge.

Hard to get into permanent position.
great management
had a great experience working for BVC, i got pregnant & had complicated pregnancy , that’s the only reason i left ! i definitely learned a lot working for BVC. I hope i will go back to work for BVC in the future !
Good company overall
You will love where you work because your work is making a real difference in someone's life. That said, it can be fairly political and the pay is generally lower than other comparable institutions.
Excellent place to work
Great place to work but not much room for advancement because of education cutbacks .
Great staff, facilities, enthusiastic students.

Beautiful building with fabulous original art from local artists!
nurturing environment
nuturing environment for students. they truly care about everyone in the college (mostly). only downside is that there are no advancement opportunities.
Review of Current Workplace
Fairly good place to work. Very fast paced work place during each semester. I have learned even greater organizational skills in order to be able to do my job effectively. The most difficult part of my job is to be able to effectively manage all courses and be able to communicate with all instructors to ensure each course is up-to-date and have everything done for each semester.
Provides you with job satisfaction. Being and institute there are so many opportunities to learn and grow. I enjoyed my years working in Bow Valle=y College.
Great place to work!
Bow Valley College is the one place to be if you want to work in a place that welcomes new ideas and provides ample support to see it come to fruition.
professional workplace
Spent many years volunteering as a
student and as an employee.

Spent considerable time With

Student association as a councillor

Marked tests, over saw attendance.
Enjoyed watching my students grow into wonderful nurses
Working with nursing students was a wonderful experience. My students had an opportunity to work with patients on a Trauma/Surgery unit which allowed for them to demonstrate their skills that the had learned in lab.
Amazing administration
This is a great place to work. Very organized administrators. The students are also vetted and the building is modern and clean. The learning system is easy to use.
good experience with ample space for studying in library
this institution helped me shape my future and i experienced multicultural society and had chance to learn so many new things.
The instructors are also pretty experiences and were great mentors in giving career advice and overall helped me a lot in studies and always gave individual attention.
Pros
seminars and free lunches, volunteering opportunities
Cons
no guarantee for placement in job after wasting so much on studies even with a good grade.
A Very personable place to workl
Every thing I every needed or wanted was given to my classroom. A Very good balance of holidays and work. Time off was given freely if you had a reasonable reason for your reprieve. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The assignments are very aligned to your specialty.
The workplace culture if one of politeness and caring. The most enjoyable part of my day was having lunch with my colleagues.
Productive and fun workplace
Friendly team! Very comfortable workplace! Clean and nice! If you want part time or full time work - this job is for you! Manager always can help you with work shift.
Amazing work environment, I loved it here.
I spent my time here on a part-time contract. My co-workers and management were incredibly supportive and actively made an effort to help me grow professionally and listened to me whenever I had any concerns about projects or the work environment.

They were very welcoming and gave me the opportunity to take on new responsibilities without it becoming overwhelming, including allowing me to say no to projects that did not meet certain criteria (such as a reasonable expected turnaround date and a locked down scope of work.)

I was also allowed a VERY flexible schedule, allowing me to switch days or hours as often as needed as long as I provided reasonable notice, and they trusted me to get the work done on my own schedule without making me feel pressured. The result of this was that even in the busiest periods, I felt confident in being able to complete the work on time (often well before the deadline) without feeling stressed out.

Regular meetings were also scheduled twice monthly to ensure that I felt I was getting everything I needed to do my job, that I wasn't overburdened or did not have enough to do, and any suggestions to what could be done better. I was even given the opportunity to make my own proposals for adding to the department or the school in general.

The hardest part of this job was honestly leaving. I was lucky enough to have my contract extended and even received a promotion during my short tenure as a media developer. They unfortunately did not have the budget at the time to renew my contract, but I'd be happy to return in the future if the opportunity
 - more...
Pros
Excellent management and co-workers, very welcoming atmosphere
Cons
Difficult to get a permanent position and full time hours