Bow Valley College Employee Reviews

Growing Fast
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2018
This place is growing fast and does experience more bureaucratic red tape than seems necessary but in general it is a very positive, diverse, friendly environment that promotes from within and rewards quality work and dedication.
Productive Work environment
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2018
Aiding students in student in subjects they are struggling with such as Accounting and Business Communication.
Allowing students to understand the subjects they are weak in.
amazing staff and amazing students
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current) (Current Employee) –  Canmore, AB26 April 2018
This is my current job, and I love love love my job so much, the manager I work for is the best I ever had, my co workers are the best I ever worked with. I wouldn't have asked for a better job. This is the best job I ever had and I couldn't have been so blessed and lucky to work for Bow Valley College.
Pros
Beautiful view of the mountains
Cons
No cons
Great setting to teach and team work.
CPR instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2018
I come in about one saturday a month to teach a class of up to 24 with a partner teacher. We teach and test the class with great results, and then sanitize the equiptment. Pay is electronic and the team that I work with is amazing friendly and passionate.
Pros
I set the pace of my classroom
Cons
I don't get paid for set up and tear down time
Wonderful Experience
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2018
Although only with Bow Valley College for a short period, the office culture was welcoming and willing to assist when able. I gain valuable work experience during my time.
Love the People
Automed, Cadet, Repeater Pump (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
Love the people that I studied together with. Great experience as a student, teachers are really great, knowledgeable and help you to succeed in your career.
Great work/life balance but management is uneasy and there is high turnover
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2018
Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Bow Valley College. My colleagues were talented and driven. There is a lot of office politics and bureaucracy which take away from the office culture. There is a lot of turnover in certain departments which leads to uneasiness.
Pros
Job stability, good benefits, great work/life balance
Cons
Office politics, high turnover
Bow Valley College
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2018
This institution played a key role in launching my education program: Interior Decorating Certificate program in Alberta. I loved teaching and I am still enjoying teaching online.
Pros
Love my students and work
Cons
closed the school when I moved back to BC
Very supportive workplace.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB29 December 2017
I was given freedom to develop and research my requirements for my program, and felt that my opinion was wanted. Bow Valley College was an excellent mentor.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 December 2017
For the most part, nice people, always willing to help. Students come first all the time, which is great.
Working on-line with students can be a challenge at time however, very rewarding and you always feel you have support from management to try new things.
Excellent
Justice Studies Advisory Committee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 December 2017
Bow Valley College, is a great place to work and learn. The staff and team are well experienced, and have great capabilities to handle any situation. I highly recommend this institution!
Fun place to be
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Calgary Downtown1 November 2017
Fun place to be good people to work with and great benifit i enjoyed working at Bowvalley College very respectful colleges and the managers and directors.
Bvc
Admission Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2017
Excellent place to work on a smaller college. Job competition is tough but once you settle into a position you'll like it for sure. BVC is coming to a time where some do question job security but still its a great place to work.
Pros
location location downtown
Cons
still growing
I've never worked anywhere more dysfunctional
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2017
I have an incompetent director, who also bullies people. There have been at least 10 departures from one department in as many months. HR is absolutely useless. Their hires continue to be questionable and they will not remove the incompetent director. I've worked for a number of different organizations in Calgary. Different sizes, different challenges and in different sectors. However, this is the LEAST cooperative organization that I've worked for in almost two decades in this city.
Pros
Some departments can be good to work for and are more functional.
Cons
Highly dysfunctional. Very low standards. Many people in leadership roles who should not be.
productive workplace
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2017
I had really enjoyed being there and being with the people that were with me in the place. Also i had learned a variety of things that i hadn't not learned
Student
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
I was a student here from 2014 to 2016. I have learned knowledge about justice studies and especially correctional studies. I have completed all the courses successfully here. and I participated in the volunteer activity in the last year of my study here
Loyalty NOT rewaded
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
I was let go as an instructor at BVC after more than five years for no reason and no cause with only two days notice. Unprofessional management was the norm during my time in my department, as they didn't promote people to supervisory positions according to management skills.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits if you get full-time work
Cons
Limited chances for advancement, poor middle management, staff so big that you are a number.
Management issues in certain departments that don't seem to be improving. Lack of accountability, pressure to perform without adequate support.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
Workplace culture is lacking. People in management and non-management roles use fear to get results. No accountability. People are working in silos in some departments. Not a good environment.
Pros
Ability to see efforts of helping students
Cons
everything else
productive
Registered Nursing student (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2017
enjoyable place to study and learn, small class size is very helpful,extremely helpful staff finding funding with my career choices , always extra help if needed
Excellent work experience and supportive environment for learning.
Hospital Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Work Experience21 February 2017
My work experience through Bow Valley College was at the Rockyview General Hospital.

A typical work day is very busy.
I learned to multi-task more effectively.
Hospital workplace culture.
Managing the busy extra busy times during the day is the hardest.
Working in a healthcare environment is most enjoyable.
Pros
Learning from a preceptor is a great oppurtunity.
Cons
So much to learn within limited time.