Bouwa Whee Catering Employee Reviews

Demanding job overall. Although great employees to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT1 December 2018
Hardest part of working here is missing out on having a social life. I have missed out on a lot being up at camp with friends and family.
Overall the pay and benefits are good.
Pros
Free lunches/Good wage/2 weeks off
Cons
Long hours/No social life
My personal view in working in a mine.
3rd Cook (Current Employee) –  Gacho Kue Diamond Mine11 April 2017
The days are long when you think about the 12 hour shifts for two weeks straight. But it was a great experience learning about the kitchen work dynamic and rotating positions to learn more than one position inside the kitchen. The area of the mine is beautiful while the wildlife is nearly a daily sighting in the area. The constant change in staff can be hard at times when you have to train new people while trying to maintain your own duties. But you meet interesting people while working in the mine, so its been very good.
Pros
Free Food, Large Paycheque, meeting new people
Cons
Long Hours, Two week in and Two week out rotations, being away from home for half the year
good people
Labourer (Current Employee) –  diavik nwt14 October 2016
decent people to work with, good place, no issues. Flexible hours and work environment. Independent work to overhead work, they have it all.
Great co workers, but horrible company to work for
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Snap Lake, NT23 February 2016
Should you decide to work for this company Negotiate your contract and DON'T feel obligated to sign on the spot.
You will NEVER be able to reach your HR at head office in YK. Even the Government cannot get a call back!
It took them 6 mths to change my mailing address. They will mess up your pay on a regular basis. ALWAYS check your pay stub.

Life at camp and managers on site were awesome. They answer or try to find answers that you have questions too. It's a hard days work but it is great having a family away from home to work with.

Would I ever work for this company again? NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!
By no means am I disgruntled employee. Just one trying to get some answers from HR.
Pros
Warm, Clean, Friendly atmosphere
Cons
YOU WILL NEVER get a call back or answers from Head Office
lost our benefits
Relief/process janitor (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT24 November 2014
this company was horrible staff was great people were awesome
creating fresh product, ideas and training staff cooking techniques
Chef / Manager (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, N.T.9 September 2014
Working up at Diavik we would have our safety meeting with staff and then go over the days plan with the 1st cooks. Meeting with various staff on what challenges we may have and what specific jobs require to be done on top of the normal day.
Paperwork would take up 1/2 the day with ordering, invoices etc
Developing safety programs, moving 2 camps kitchens into one was an interesting learning experience. Dealing with so many cultures of clients and staff needs made me more aware of how to accommodate their requirements.
Management i worked with was really good supporters as well HR really supported us. Not so much now being at the Smokehouse Cafe'
We all worked well together, respected each other but still had conflicts that we worked out.
The most challenging aspect is the reliability of staff shortages and not showing up.
Seeing the smile on the clients faces makes the day, and finishing the shift knowing you and your co-workers did your best.
Pros
creating new dishes weekly, training staff that want to learn the trade
Cons
the change in the company management, management decreased support
hard worker
General Helper/Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Diviak Diamond Mines5 June 2013
dining room attendant,
looking afer lunch rooms, preparing foods
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
12 hours shifts