Bourbon St. Grill Employee Reviews

Lots work to do but less money
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2018
This is not the place you want to work, less money but a lot of works to do, the owner also the manager only cares about money. They make you to work over times but without paying overtime money unless you told him.
Pros
Free meal
good place to have a part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 May 2018
I work there for 3 years while studying at university. It has a convenient location for student workers.

The boss is very nice and well-organized. Got paid on time.
It is a fun job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 February 2018
This job is really fun, you can serve different kinds of people everyday, which can make your customer experience grows a lot. And the boss of this workplace is very nice.
Pros
free lunches and dinners
Cons
tired
Nice place to have a part-time job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 July 2017
The owner is really nice. The payment for part-time is more than other restaurant that I know. Students can easily know what they should do after training 8 hours.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2017
I do the part time job in Bourbon Street Grill on Weekend and in summer. This job provides me a good opportunity to improve my customer services skills. Also, I learned time management and communication skills.
Different environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
Whole new environment mainly because everyone is not English speaking. Learned how to work together in smal spaces, moving in and out of the kitchen without knocking anything or bumping into other workers.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Busy throughout the day
a productive and nice workplace with fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 June 2016
i worked there for about 2 years. Every day i did almost the same tasks. My job was heavily relied on team work. I cooperated with different part-time colleague. Besides, i served a lot of customers every day so i could meet different people and communicate with them. It was funny to hear from them. My co-workers changed from shift to shift. Some of co-works were students and some were not. Overall, our team was young and energetic. I'd like to work with them and joke with them. The most challenge thing i had met was Christmas season. Every day i felt exhaused but i enjoyed it. Work hard and get paid a lot.
Pros
every day special dinner
Cons
ovetime
Kitchen work and cleaning
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2016
Busy but very uplifting work environment. Teamwork was necessary and co-workers help each other to do the give work more efficiently and safely
Experience
Front Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2016
easy job, busy on weekends and lunch time, friendly staff,
dealing with some annoying people, great first job to get you started.
I was working at Bourbon St. Grill more than 9 years.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 October 2014
If I can work for a company so many years, that means something. I like to deal with customers and solve their problems. I like the environment where I worked. All the co-workers were very friendly and corporate with me,so I can finish my management jobs very easy.
Pros
The company provided free lunch the empolyees.
Cons
the long hours standing
Toronto
Food Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2014
food cashier. learn more customer communicate experience
the custmers' happiness is my happiness
Main Chef (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2013
make food for custmers,make sure the food is fresh and delicious. control the food qulitity as the how many custmers come.
Pros
free lunch
Bourbon St. Grill is a Fun place to work, and im more active
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 July 2012
A typical day at work is usually helping out the customers, by telling them what are the objects, what the combos are like, and by asking them how their day is, and how they are. I have learned to talk to other people more, to know what to do, and how to do it, i also have learned how to use the cashier. The management is pretty good. The co-workers are very nice people, but i wasewnt able to work with any of them, but i do know who they are. The hardest part of the job was when i first started working their , because i did'nt really know what to do, and just standing their because sometimes it wouldnt be busy and when its not busy i get a headache, because i love it when it's busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it's really busy, and when you have to put the food on the plate for the customers.
Pros
free breaks