Bourbon St. Grill

Bourbon St. Grill Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

A very good working environment

I have been working almost my entire life in the food industry, doing food preparation and service the customer, in fact I am very good at customer service because I listen to them. I would like to try out a different kind of job now

n/a

The work here has a long hour everyday. But the co-workers are nice to you. They are friendly and helpful. But the work itself is required for a heavy lifting when it is necessary.

Insights into Bourbon St. Grill

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Lots work to do but less money

This is not the place you want to work, less money but a lot of works to do, the owner also the manager only cares about money. They make you to work over times but without paying overtime money unless you told him.

Pros

Free meal

good place to have a part time job

I work there for 3 years while studying at university. It has a convenient location for student workers. The boss is very nice and well-organized. Got paid on time.

It is a fun job

This job is really fun, you can serve different kinds of people everyday, which can make your customer experience grows a lot. And the boss of this workplace is very nice.

Pros

free lunches and dinners

Cons

tired

Nice place to have a part-time job

The owner is really nice. The payment for part-time is more than other restaurant that I know. Students can easily know what they should do after training 8 hours.

Fun workplace

I do the part time job in Bourbon Street Grill on Weekend and in summer. This job provides me a good opportunity to improve my customer services skills. Also, I learned time management and communication skills.

Different environment

Whole new environment mainly because everyone is not English speaking. Learned how to work together in smal spaces, moving in and out of the kitchen without knocking anything or bumping into other workers.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Busy throughout the day

a productive and nice workplace with fun

i worked there for about 2 years. Every day i did almost the same tasks. My job was heavily relied on team work. I cooperated with different part-time colleague. Besides, i served a lot of customers every day so i could meet different people and communicate with them. It was funny to hear from them. My co-workers changed from shift to shift. Some of co-works were students and some were not. Overall, our team was young and energetic. I'd like to work with them and joke with them. The most challenge thing i had met was Christmas season. Every day i felt exhaused but i enjoyed it. Work hard and get paid a lot.

Pros

every day special dinner

Cons

ovetime

Kitchen work and cleaning

Busy but very uplifting work environment. Teamwork was necessary and co-workers help each other to do the give work more efficiently and safely

Experience

easy job, busy on weekends and lunch time, friendly staff, dealing with some annoying people, great first job to get you started.

I was working at Bourbon St. Grill more than 9 years.

If I can work for a company so many years, that means something. I like to deal with customers and solve their problems. I like the environment where I worked. All the co-workers were very friendly and corporate with me,so I can finish my management jobs very easy.

Pros

The company provided free lunch the empolyees.

Cons

the long hours standing

Toronto

food cashier. learn more customer communicate experience

the custmers' happiness is my happiness

make food for custmers,make sure the food is fresh and delicious. control the food qulitity as the how many custmers come.

Pros

free lunch

Bourbon St. Grill is a Fun place to work, and im more active

A typical day at work is usually helping out the customers, by telling them what are the objects, what the combos are like, and by asking them how their day is, and how they are. I have learned to talk to other people more, to know what to do, and how to do it, i also have learned how to use the cashier. The management is pretty good. The co-workers are very nice people, but i wasewnt able to work with any of them, but i do know who they are. The hardest part of the job was when i first started working their , because i did'nt really know what to do, and just standing their because sometimes it wouldnt be busy and when its not busy i get a headache, because i love it when it's busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it's really busy, and when you have to put the food on the plate for the customers.

Pros

free breaks

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bourbon St. Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement